• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks (Thursday)

lethalweapon3

In the last 9 games, Capela has gained a full 1 point on the WAR. Going from .7 to 1.7. His numbers are back to what we normally get from Clint and while he had some washed moments in the last 9 games, he's had a number of vintage ones and his play tonight was massive. 

Everyone and I mean everyone has improved in the last 20 games. Those include Trae. Coach Quin might have us being a really good team next year. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

https://x.com/Marc_DAmico/status/1773540132374622436?s=20

Went back and checked def did do that, makes sense I guess when that far ahead.

Reporter: "Hey coach, why so suck?"

Coach: "Nah, we didn't suck.  We lost on porpoise.  We was 'workin on stuff'.

Could be true, could be not.  I just hate when coaches do this.  As of they're soooo smart. 

Reporter: "Hey coach, why you always have Tatum jackin up off balance, step backs at every end of game situation?"

Coach: "Uh yeah, we're working on our hero-bawl plays.  If he ever makes one, we gonna make a bunch-a Kobe comps." 

• Haha 3

Finished it now! Wow! We could be playing with 8 guys out and it don’t matter. The hustle, the defense, the playing for one another, oh and ..

The fact that Jaylen slighted Bogi turned Bogi to mad meth Bogi, he’s pissed about the disrespect and you can tell in his game, extra efforts on defense and the boards.

We fight. These guys are fighting.

DJ 44 points a career best l, took 44 shots but who cares when you get 28 second chance points. 

DJ.. Bogi, Bruno, and Garrison dialed in.

I know I sound like a broken record but from head to toe (players to announcers) I hate the stinking Seltz! Hatem!

That’s 4️⃣ 

DJ has shwaaaaaggggg for days, baby boy 👦 let’s gooooo!

Go Hawks!!!

ps The refs missed giving Trae a tech. wtf was that 2 steps into the floor, gimme a break.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

celtic fans are the worst.  Started listening to the Locked On Celtic pod and right out the gate, dude says "these games are meaningless."  Then a few minutes later, "They don't care about winning against the Hawks." Then, "This wasn't about making a statement. The celtics know they are good and Hawks know they suck."  

I get it.  The celtics are the top seed in the East and have already locked up their position.  But to act like they didn't care about the game last night?  Nah.  Those players such as hell whined and bitched all game like they cared.  JB was struttin like he cared when he thought he hit the game winner in OT.  

It wasn't til AFTER they lost that they decided they didn't care.  The game was meaningless.  Blah blah blah....

Typical frontrunner b.s.

This the kind of dude that asks for a girl's number, gets rejected, then claims she 'wasn't that hot anyway'. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Can say enough how impressive it has been to see Murray and Hunter transition their games over the course of the season.  Yes, Quin has pushed them to be three point shooters, but you can see they've bought in and it has added a new dimension to their games and for this team.  They keep shooting them even when the shots aren't falling and it's slowly pushing other guys to play the same way.  Coaching matters.

Their confidence in shooting the 3 has gone up massively

• Like 3

Just now, kg01 said:

Honestly, I thought Snyder's impact would be felt at the beginning of the season considering he started early.  But it's really only lately that we seem to have started turning a corner.  

And, for the yokels that wanna tie it to a certain player's absence, I'm referring to a period starting when he was still playing. 

Yep. He basically ran Nate's scheme last year. He also adjust our scheme my the mid point to play around our personnel strengths. I didn't even know Quin was capable of that. Everyone is benefitting from it. 

Quin showing me signs he's better than Bud and lol compared to the others 

• Like 2

Best part of last night was seeing all the Celtic fans with their heads down on their way out. Half the arena was in green but Hawks fans got really loud at the end. I would have been happy just keeping it close but last night was seriously the most fun I’ve had at a game in a looong time. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ime and Quin are the recent best hires. Doc for Milwaukee is another one. 

Doc is 14-13 with the Bucks.  Bud was winning almost 70% of his games with the Bucks.  I agree on Quin and Ime.  Doc is past his prime.  Milwaukee should have promoted Charles Lee.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Reporter: "Hey coach, why so suck?"

Coach: "Nah, we didn't suck.  We lost on porpoise.  We was 'workin on stuff'.

Could be true, could be not.  I just hate when coaches do this.  As of they're soooo smart. 

He brought out his whole team.   Jrue and White.  The Celtics wanted to win this game Badly...  They are having a confidence problem now...  you can't lose to us twice and once when you really wanted to win... and realize that Atlanta is missing three high level starters and is playing G-League talent.  The result makes it obvious that we own the Celts. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Honestly, I thought Snyder's impact would be felt at the beginning of the season considering he started early.  But it's really only lately that we seem to have started turning a corner.  

And, for the yokels that wanna tie it to a certain player's absence, I'm referring to a period starting when he was still playing. 

I was thinking and hoping the same, but it should have been expected.  Realistically, it takes some time to bring about these stylistic changes and especially with core players who have never been coached to play this way.  De'Andre and Dejounte are actively looking to shoot threes and not worrying about whether they fall or not.  I can't believe it lol. I was convinced they would never commit to playing that way.  I'm happy to be wrong and it's been wonderful to see.