• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

They may have also made a shot, but I'd much rather Fournier or Oladipo get the ball than Nikola there. Horford really isn't a good one on one defender.

Horford's defense was fine. That's an indefensible shot by a 7-footer. Of course it drops against us.

• Like 4

Typical Hawks:

Play a team without their best player - lose.

Play a team on a losing streak - lose.

Play a team with a last second shot - lose.

Starters digging a whole early.

Too many bloody unforced TOs. 

Teague played well but 5 turnovers and only 5 assists is just not good. 

Wild man Baze with 4 - I don't like him dribbling and driving - he a catch and shoot guy.

45 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nope. With the last one I thought they should have tried to run it down to 8-10 seconds, gave the foul, and made Phoenix inbound again under fierce pressure. With this one, not at all. When Nikola got it, it was over as Horford isn't big enough to contest him.

Let's talk some more about how Horford had a point guard on him and yet he wasn't able to make a basket, I mean dawg, worth a max?

I'll say it again, I agree with JayBird. If Horford wants the full max, let him walk and rebuild.

Remember back in the day how Al used to always sit early with 2 fouls from being aggressive and/or dumb referees?  He routinely ends the game with 1 foul now.  

It's like he's forgotten how to use hard fouls to keep order and pace his team's toughness inside throughout the game.  6 boards is good for him I guess.

We all realize Kyle is a shell of himself physically but Al isn't.  Maybe he could've spread some of those 10 missed shots around to Mike Scott pulling down 8 rebounds off the pine.

What the hell was wrong with Dennis?  1 for 7?  Jeff seemed to be solid but a turnover for every assist ain't gonna get it done.

I can't knock the loss though.  I was actually wondering why Orlando went through a swoon lately, they're a quality young  squad.  Skiles really wanted this one giving his starters, notably his wings, heavy minutes knowing our weakness on that front.  I'd trade Kyle, Lamar, and a first for Oladipo.

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

Have I mentioned how much I hate Nique as an announcer? f ucking jinx.

Name 3 other times Nique has jinxed the Hawks.  He's 98% accurate when he calls a game.

Give credit to Big V for hitting an incredibly difficult shot.  Much like how Tobias Harris did last year.

One final note:

Atlanta had the ball shotclock off on an offensive rebound. Teague went too early on a mid range shot, but they got ANOTHER offensive rebound I think.

Why wasn't a timeout called after that quickly? You can't go too early in a shotclock off situation, and then just try to fling the ball at the rim if you get the oreb off it.

For as well Teague played, he choked a big fat one in crunch time. Started either 10-13 or 10-14 and then ended 0-3 or 0-4, and made all of the wrong decisions in the crunch. He's a good combo PG when he is motivated, but isn't a true PG.

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

One final note:

Atlanta had the ball shotclock off on an offensive rebound. Teague went too early on a mid range shot, but they got ANOTHER offensive rebound I think.

Why wasn't a timeout called after that quickly? You can't go too early in a shotclock off situation, and then just try to fling the ball at the rim if you get the oreb off it.

For as well Teague played, he choked a big fat one in crunch time. Started either 10-13 or 10-14 and then ended 0-3 or 0-4, and made all of the wrong decisions in the crunch. He's a good combo PG when he is motivated, but isn't a true PG.

You promise? 

We are such a dysfunctional bunch right now its getting old. Turnover prone, inconsistent effort, can't make wide open shots, can't rebound, fall in love with jumpshots and don't try to get to the foul line, no visible leadership on the court, no accountability for veterans who play bad, etc.  And coach truly believes there is nobody in the entire league that could improve our performance. It's kind of upsetting to think we are so full of ourselves that we are going to ride this wave out until the end

• Like 1

DRAT!  DRAT!  DRAT!

Missed the entire thing.  Didn't know they were playing, so I slept, resting up for the Super Bowl.

At half time, I find out about this game.  And, the Hawks lost.  DRAT!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

DRAT!  DRAT!  DRAT!

Missed the entire thing.  Didn't know they were playing, so I slept, resting up for the Super Bowl.

At half time, I find out about this game.  And, the Hawks lost.  DRAT!

You didn't miss anything. We fell behind early and played from behind the entire game. We did good on the boards but missed way too many open shots and had a lot of turnovers, some ugly turnovers. One in particular Bazmeore had a rebound with nobody around him and fumbled it out of bounds. Teague kept it interesting with some inspired play. Millsap was looking for the foul call all game instead of tryingto finish strong, his complaining to the refs is starting to get Josh-like. Horford missed shots early but made them late except for a critical possession where he was posted up against Elfrid Payton and couldn't make the easy layup at the rim.

Overall just sloppy, careless, uninspired basketball and if the opponent was stronger we would have never came back to make it close, luckily it was the Magic.

The one positive was our team defense. They had a few guys shooting scorching hot from the field but after the 1st quarter we held them in check and allowed ourselves a chance to climb back in to it.

• Like 1

Jabari Parker for Teague needs to be a deal both teams do. Teague is a stud PG and no stud PG is available for draft or trade unless you got a top 5 pick or max money. We need a potential number 1 option and size at SF. No way we can avoid it, that's exactly what we need. 

15 hours ago, Lurker said:

One final note:

Lurker, this isn't true either. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Jabari Parker for Schröder needs to be a deal both teams do. Teague is a stud PG and no stud PG is available for draft or trade unless you got a top 5 pick or max money. We need a potential number 1 option and size at SF. No way we can avoid it, that's exactly what we need. 

Fixed. That is if the Bucks are dumb enough to make that trade.

It seems to me that some of you didn't watch the whole game. Teague was the only reason we were able to get back in the game along with Bazemore. Teague started the early run we went on in the 4th too.

Problem is...

-we should have not been down against this team to begin with!

-Teague has finally started to show up every game...but now he's not getting help often enough.

-Saps offense has been on and off lately.  If he had played good offense this game the Hawks would have put Orlando away by mid 4th quarter.

So You can blame Teague in crunch time but had he not been aggressive the magic would have blown the Hawks out by end of the 3rd. 

We can't seem to get Teague and Millsap clicking at the same time this year. Horford and korver are both inconsistent shooters this season and don't seem very dependable. Bazemore is a pleasant surprise though he gets a little wild...he's still a 5th option but I'm a little tired of seeing all our offense come from either...

Teague/Bazemore 

Or

Sap/Bazemore 

That shit ain't gon fly. We need Teague & Sap to get it going or this will continue. It's great  that Teague has decided to play aggressive but he should have been doing this all season long. But now that he's back in form we don't need Saps offense sailing away.