• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Celtics GAME 4

lethalweapon3

Between the Braves/Red Sox and Hawks/Celtics, we will play Boston six times over the next four days.  The Bravevs suck and have lost their last five games, and the Hawks just lost two straight to the Celtics.  I would be done with both teams if we go 0-for-Boston this week.

56 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Game was tied at the end of regulations.  Atlanta missed 4 free throws.  That's the real difference.

Hit all your free throws, win the game and go home 3-1.  But no.  Hawks miss 4 and go home tied, 2-2..

That last play of regulation was a stinker.  Too many shots missed by too many Hawks, exception

being Millsap but Hawks can't win at all in overtime.  0-6 this season.

Gotta win two home games now if we want to advance. 

I said this in chat, and immediately thought about you.  For a long time in that game, made FTs were literally the difference in the game.  Made FGs and 3FGs were virtually even.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, somegsuguy said:

Between the Braves/Red Sox and Hawks/Celtics, we will play Boston six times over the next four days.  The Bravevs suck and have lost their last five games, and the Hawks just lost two straight to the Celtics.  I would be done with both teams if we go 0-for-Boston this week.

The Braves losing is guaranteed and if the teams are playing the game in which they're interlinked together, Atlanta's getting backdoor swept. Boston pro sports just have an aura over Atlanta pro sports and it doesn't matter how bad the Boston team is or if they're hurt, or whatever. Boston pro sports is in all Atlanta pro team's heads.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Teague has to at least get a shot off in that situation. He didnt play well but he did hit 2 clutch shots.  Hope he makes up for it next game

Props to Sap. Dude was a beast. Glad he showed up but too bad the rest of the team did not

Baze has cost himself money. Just a piss poor shooting effort from him this series

Korver looked dead tired out there. Tim should have played some just to get Kyle a breather

Al smdh. This dude is going to get max money and is not even close to a max player. He was a ghost all night. Camping out at the 3 point line and the few times he did get it in the paint he was kicking it out. Thoroughly disappointed with him.

Two years in a row where Dennis has looked awful in the bright lights. Just a pathetic game from him. Its to the point where I rather see Kirk out there.  I find it hard to believe he will be any worse. Dennis cant hit a shot, takes bad shots, dribbles the air out of the ball, and is not running the offense.

Thabo looks awful too. Add Scott in there

Bench has been a major let down

This is what happens when you cant get right in the draft. Imagine how much better this team would look with Gobert and Hood coming off the bench. Time to get the draft right. This will be an important summer for this team. Changes need to be made

And Bud should be catching a lot of heat for his lack of adjustments, calling timeouts way too late, and his rotations. He is getting out coached by Stephens

Millsap had the best playoff performance from a Hawks player since Nique.

Yeah Baze might as well get ready for a below 10 mil deal from ATL. Yeah I don't know why Hardaway didn't get any minutes.

Yeah Al was playing like he doesn't want to get hurt. Once the Celtics stopped chucking 3s and driving in the paint, it would have been nice to see Al block some shots. I'm amazed Hump didn't play. He supposed to be a shot blocker too.

Yeah I think Dennis lets his emotions get the best of him.

Scott is awful. If he isn't hitting shots, he's useless.

Muscula did his thing. Just didn't get enough minutes.

Unfortunately Bud cares more about vets than young talent. It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks lose this series and Dennis gets traded for a vet.

• Like 1

I don't understand that last play in regulation at all.  Stand there and wait until there are 3 seconds left and the entire world knows you are going to take a long jump shot?  Why not drive and take it if its there and if not kick out to someone?  How about some picks and movement.  The Hawks offense is supposed to be all about movement so what do we do for the most important possession of the game?  Stand there like statues.  I don't get it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Teague has to at least get a shot off in that situation. He didnt play well but he did hit 2 clutch shots.  Hope he makes up for it next game

Props to Sap. Dude was a beast. Glad he showed up but too bad the rest of the team did not

Baze has cost himself money. Just a piss poor shooting effort from him this series

Korver looked dead tired out there. Tim should have played some just to get Kyle a breather

Al smdh. This dude is going to get max money and is not even close to a max player. He was a ghost all night. Camping out at the 3 point line and the few times he did get it in the paint he was kicking it out. Thoroughly disappointed with him.

Two years in a row where Dennis has looked awful in the bright lights. Just a pathetic game from him. Its to the point where I rather see Kirk out there.  I find it hard to believe he will be any worse. Dennis cant hit a shot, takes bad shots, dribbles the air out of the ball, and is not running the offense.

Thabo looks awful too. Add Scott in there

Bench has been a major let down

This is what happens when you cant get right in the draft. Imagine how much better this team would look with Gobert and Hood coming off the bench. Time to get the draft right. This will be an important summer for this team. Changes need to be made

And Bud should be catching a lot of heat for his lack of adjustments, calling timeouts way too late, and his rotations. He is getting out coached by Stephens

All true.  Except Hood is a better starting option at either 2 or 3 and Gobert would inexplicably get DNP-ed for games at a time.  This Humphries issue is truly dumbfounding.

Theres enough blame to go around.  The Sixers are laughing at that last play in regulation.  Al didn't do nothing to discredit Heinson's remarks tonight that's for sure.  He looked like a damn bench player.  Nuff credit to Boston as well, they play with heart and that crowd was insane.  But starter's minutes for Kyle has been the Achilles Heel for this team pretty much all season.  10 points in 47 minutes and a pure turnstile on D.

Korver playing 42 minutes in regulation is just MIND BOGGLING. Maybe if he was hot but he wasn't.

I'll say it again, Bazemore on Thomas, Teague on Turner defensively HAS to happen. Teague absolutely CAN NOT guard Thomas in off the ball situations. If Turner beats you with post ups, there's not much you can do about that except maybe it finally ends your love affair with Korver and means a different SG is starting next season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alex said:

Didn't see much of the game and saw nothing after halftime.  Sounds like the Hawks choked it away?  

They had a 16 point lead at one point.

Simply put, they couldn't make shots and Bud sucked as coach. 

In other words, same old shit.

It doesn't pay to be a 3pt shooting team when the players can't freaking shot.

I got so pissed at this game. My blood pressure shot up sky high.

• Like 4

Didn't see the game but it seems like Bud made a dumb decision at the end of the game

I said it a 1000 times before lol. Bud is a mediocre coach 

But but but he was the coach of the year lmaoooooo

Edited by Bonkers

55 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Korver playing 42 minutes in regulation is just MIND BOGGLING. Maybe if he was hot but he wasn't.

I'll say it again, Bazemore on Thomas, Teague on Turner defensively HAS to happen. Teague absolutely CAN NOT guard Thomas in off the ball situations. If Turner beats you with post ups, there's not much you can do about that except maybe it finally ends your love affair with Korver and means a different SG is starting next season.

Yeah I don't understand Bud's rotations. Hardaway should have got some minutes.

21 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Didn't see the game but it seems like Bud made a dumb decision at the end of the game

Wasn't Byron Scott and Mike Brown COY? lol 

Yeah, we see what that award means... NOTHING.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

laughing your ass off off off off off off? 

This is how people express themselves now I guess?

• Like 2

This sums  up my emotions from last night. 

Our  poor use of draft picks is killing us. We are getting nothing from the bench, and when we mix our starters with them we are still losing momentum. Some players have been mentioned we pissed away, but I would like to add Gary  Harris, Dieng, and Portis to the list too. 

vor 8 Stunden, Bonkers sagte:
vor 8 Stunden, Bonkers sagte:

If it was up to you we all would not even be watching Hawks playoff basketball. Despite the loss and my Dennis being horrible far to often I still outright loved the intensity of these games. Bud might have called that play, or might not. It wouldnt suprise me after Teague stepping up earlier with a hot hand in a period where not much went right for the Hawks and Thomas not being known for defending very well.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Not suprised. We're a team full of role players.  I mean we have  Bazemore and Korver as starters..And their both clearly bench guys...You need at least 1 superstar or  a couple of semi-stars  to win rings in the NBA.. We have 0... And Teague should be ashamed for that last possession. wtf?

• Like 1

No more ball in Teague's hand at the last seconds of games.  2 strikes and your out.  Can't even get a shot off, AGAIN!?!?

I sure hope he leaves after this season, can't stand having him on a team that I root for. He's pathetic. Floor leader my azz, guy can't even talk.