• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Actually, Justin Anderson could be huge for the Hawks. We need another defensive minded wing out there. Right now, Bembry is the only wing who's giving effort on D. Baze and Prince are more than capable on defense, but they're too busy trying to play above their talent level on the offensive end.

True.  I'm tired of watching Bembry be the only one caring on defense.

3 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

They sent Anderson to rehab or something in LA over the summer....the leg injuries were worse than reported. A friend of mine chatted with him back in August on a flight from Philly. I don't expect him to contribute meaningful minutes for a while, but who knows. We didn't hear much about Dedmon/Lin and all the sudden they were back. 

So, I was right?  He's ded.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thing is this isn’t that all surprising. That’s why I thought the talk of 8 seed this year was crazy. This just shows me they try but they are bad at d then throw the turnovers and you get what we have today. They will get better  but it’ll be a process. Trae has had ups and downs but I haven’t seen anything that truly has me worried yet. He will have to get stronger and learn when to force the issue and when to back off. Huerter has looked better than expected. Not gonna lie I thought he’d do better offensively than defensively. Spellman is decent. Len has been alright though he needs to work on his hands.  Prince is decent though he’s in a slump right now. Collins hasn’t played but long term health is important. Everybody else is what they are. My outlook has not changed. Bembry has surprised but I don’t know if I throw money at him longer if more than a certain number same with prince.  

What I saw last night was a SAC team playing with an attitude and at a level of intensity we simply would not match.

Although it was a reckless a** play, when Hield dove at Huerter's knees, he was doing so out of extreme competitiveness.  A competitiveness I have seen out of no one not named Geronimo Bembry.

That is how I expected us to play this season.  We have guys that have it in them.  Bazemore used to play that way.  Prince should be able to play that way.  Len should play with that intensity 'cause he knows full well he's well on his way to Lithuania if'n he doesn't.  Yet all them dudes have had bouts of listlessness which is as maddening as it is inexplicable.

And before you pin this no Young, he's actually one I've seen play with a ship on his shoulder.  Last night notwithstanding, he's one who's typically responded to challenges.  He's not a defensive demon but he's been the one hit in the mouth the most so far this season and has typically at least tried to respond.  Frickin' Baze just gets mad at the refs and picks up T's.  How 'bout take it out on the other team by raising your level of play?

Bawb tried to give them the excuse of 4 games in 6 nights or w/e but f that noise.  We have no excuse for getting outworked as much as we do.

We need to scour the league for some undervalued, young bodies that want to come in and work.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

What I saw last night was a SAC team playing with an attitude and at a level of intensity we simply would not match.

Although it was a reckless a** play, when Hield dove at Huerter's knees, he was doing so out of extreme competitiveness.  A competitiveness I have seen out of no one not named Geronimo Bembry.

That is how I expected us to play this season.  We have guys that have it in them.  Bazemore used to play that way.  Prince should be able to play that way.  Len should play with that intensity 'cause he knows full well he's well on his way to Lithuania if'n he doesn't.  Yet all them dudes have had bouts of listlessness which is as maddening as it is inexplicable.

And before you pin this no Young, he's actually one I've seen play with a ship on his shoulder.  Last night notwithstanding, he's one who's typically responded to challenges.  He's not a defensive demon but he's been the one hit in the mouth the most so far this season and has typically at least tried to respond.  Frickin' Baze just gets mad at the refs and picks up T's.  How 'bout take it out on the other team by raising your level of play?

Bawb tried to give them the excuse of 4 games in 6 nights or w/e but f that noise.  We have no excuse for getting outworked as much as we do.

We need to scour the league for some undervalued, young bodies that want to come in and work.

We were outhustled. Period.

The Kings were quicker to every loose ball. Could be that guys had tired legs from the back end of 3 games in 4 nights. (i just remembered that).

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We need to reinforce with a wing and a big Ivanesque that are all about defense and hustle ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Building on to what coach said. Last year the Kings had guys in the rotation that simply did not fit the system. We are having that issue right now.

And we still have the same record as Doncic and the Mavs..PLUS We beat them head to head....Cuban had to be pissed that night. He lost to the rebuilding team that has his 1st rdr next year. lol.   Just sayin..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

And we still have the same record as Doncic and the Mavs..PLUS We beat them head to head....Cuban had to be pissed that night. He lost to the rebuilding team that has his 1st rdr next year. lol.   Just sayin..

And yes Im still thrilled at this win. lol

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, terrell said:

Bear in mind that this level of success puts that pick at risk of staying with Dallas.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I agree with this and the fact that we didn’t draft JJJ! Let’s all cheer for that victory for a second. ? ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Bear in mind that this level of success puts that pick at risk of staying with Dallas.

I'll be just as happy about getting it in 2020. lol..Top 3 protected then I think..Not sure though..

• Like 1