• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers (Freaky Friday)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

We are still missing guys, not much Capela in 2nd quarter and nothing from the bench - 5 measly points from Gallo.

For sure. We have had so many missed games from injuries, players are just worn out sometimes. There hasn’t been the luxury to rest players or “load management” because of the injuries and the playoff race.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Also, I'd much rather be on BKN's side of the bracket for a potential round 2 matchup than on Philly's. 

It may sound crazy, but I favor a healthy Hawks team over Philly in a 7 game series. Brooklyn at full strength can't be defended and is a legit Championship contender. I'm not convinced Philly is at that same level. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Also, I'd much rather be on BKN's side of the bracket for a potential round 2 matchup than on Philly's. 

Only if Brooklyn doesn't have their big three.  Otherwise, Hunter would elevate a lot of the problems we are seeing tonight.  We need Hunter, Bogi, and Heurter for some shooting

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

( whistling )

This is one game where I'm 100% behind getting Bruno some minutes. I don't care if he fouls out in the 2nd half, he's a much more physical presence than Collins or Okongwu.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hawkman said:

It may sound crazy, but I favor a healthy Hawks team over Philly in a 7 game series. Brooklyn at full strength can't be defended and is a legit Championship contender. I'm not convinced Philly is at that same level. 

A healthy Hawks team? What!? In all seriousness, I don’t care what side of the bracket we are on - let’s just hope for health first, and a winnable first round matchup second. 

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

( whistling )

Good game for Bruno to build some confidence, or at least see the court and knock of some rust. I hope we see him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Only if Brooklyn doesn't have their big three.  Otherwise, Hunter would elevate a lot of the problems we are seeing tonight.  We need Hunter, Bogi, and Heurter for some shooting

I want nothing to do with a healthy Brooklyn team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, cam1218 said:

A healthy Hawks team? What!? In all seriousness, I don’t care what side of the bracket we are on - let’s just hope for health first, and a winnable first round matchup second. 

Hey, the Hawks are due. The injuries have to end at some point.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I want nothing to do with a healthy Brooklyn team.

I just think there's still only one ball and BKN doesn't have the capacity to play elite defense like Philly does. They don't defend Trae or the rim overly well so Hawks would have a chance to keep up with them. 

Philly can clamp down of the offense, rebound well, and just wear the Hawks out. 

Both would be a huge uphill battle imo. 

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No one should ever say Collins is a stretch big, that's not his strength.

Collins starting at the 4 vs Hill or any other 6 foot 8 or taller players i negligible

He doesn’t’ effect the game at all.

It’s like he isn’t even on the court. 

I can think of maybe one game this season where his contribution was significant in a win for us. One.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

John has been horrible with the turnovers.

Yeah, I'm also not feeling his overall response to physicality. He seemed a lot more hard nosed before he expanded his game.