Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Keep that good defense on Embiid, and make the others continue to beat you.  Truth be told, they made some tough shots,

Can't allow the Sixers to shoot 58.5% FG though, even if we are shooting 55% ourselves.

Kourkmiztan probably no't going 5-5 in the second half.... right?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Carmine said:

If we take this series without our 2 best wing defenders, Philly will forever be sonned.

That's a pretty damn big IF bruh, struggling at home. We gotta figure a few things out because the last 6 quarters of basketball we have looked like very inferior.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'll also say that my philosophy or strategy would be to accept that Embiid is going to get his and try to take away the others. Limit Harris, don't let Kirkman or Milton's Curry get going. That is, imo, the best recipe for success. 

The Hawks have taken the opposite approach and basically not guarded anyone other than Embiid.  But what happens when Embiid plays like the superstar he is and drains shots over the double team? Now you got the others going AND Embiid is scoring. Not good imo. 

I don't know. IT's a lose, lose. Embiid was absolutely destroying us when we were lax with the help. I'll take my chances with kourkminiztan and Shake shack.

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'll also say that my philosophy or strategy would be to accept that Embiid is going to get his and try to take away the others. Limit Harris, don't let Kirkman or Milton's Curry get going. That is, imo, the best recipe for success. 

The Hawks have taken the opposite approach and basically not guarded anyone other than Embiid.  But what happens when Embiid plays like the superstar he is and drains shots over the double team? Now you got the others going AND Embiid is scoring. Not good imo. 

This is not true.  Those others aren't making wide open looks.  They're making a lot of shots with hands in their faces.

If Embiid starts to control this game, we have no shot.  If he's still passing, that means that more people are handling and shooting the ball that isn't used to being high volume scorers.

Dwight has 8 points.  That's the difference in the game right now.