• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

How many times has Gallo fouled guys on a break instead of playing defense this year? And he chooses THIS game to NOT foul the one guy who's shooting 30% FT and instead gave him a wide open layup? Once again, these guys just make some incredibly dumb plays. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad to see Trae foul baiting. It'll cause Philly's defense to be less aggressive.  We haven't played good defense yet.  They seem to be doing better on Embiid, but everyone else is going off.  

Good first half though. Hopefully, we can get this lead in the third quarter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm glad to see Trae foul baiting. It'll cause Philly's defense to be less aggressive.  We haven't played good defense yet.  They seem to be doing better on Embiid, but everyone else is going off.  

Keep that good defense on Embiid, and make the others continue to beat you.  Truth be told, they made some tough shots,

Can't allow the Sixers to shoot 58.5% FG though, even if we are shooting 55% ourselves.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We are being much more aggressive with the double (and triple) teams.

• Like 3

I'll also say that my philosophy or strategy would be to accept that Embiid is going to get his and try to take away the others. Limit Harris, don't let Kirkman or Milton's Curry get going. That is, imo, the best recipe for success. 

The Hawks have taken the opposite approach and basically not guarded anyone other than Embiid.  But what happens when Embiid plays like the superstar he is and drains shots over the double team? Now you got the others going AND Embiid is scoring. Not good imo.