• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

His limited offensive skills are being exposed right now.  No jumper.  Limited post moves.  Great rim runner.  But with Simmons on Trae to take away the floater threat, Capela has been rendered useless on the offensive end.

That's why I say the Hawks might be better off going with Gallo to start the game.

Maybe if Gallo starts, and Capela is on the floor WITHOUT Embiid on the floor in the middle of quarters, the Hawks offense would flow better.

The defense isn't any better whether Capela is in or not.  So like I said, the adjustment may be to play 5 out.

We are in agreement on this

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Capella and Collins aren't playoff players.

I was wrong about Trae, but I don't think I am this time.

Clint is a fine regular season player where he can out work other teams, but he isn't going to perform at a high level in the playoffs I don't think.

Capela played well vs NY..BUt yeah, he's stinking up the joint this series..

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Well that's a good way to lose by 40. LOL.

Its going that way NOW.   You can't see that Philly has made a move to shut down Trae at the point of attack?   He can't shoot OR pass out of their traps cleanly.  They are throwing the basketball equivalent of a zone blitz at Trae and the only move to counter that is to take Trae of the ball and put in a ball handler with the LENGTH to beat those traps.  If they don't do it, which it appears Nate is afraid playing it safe, this series is OVER.

3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Clint is a fine regular season player where he can out work other teams, but he isn't going to perform at a high level in the playoffs I don't think.

Playoffs are about matchups.  Embiid is the one center in the league that is bigger and arguably more athletic than Clint.

That last basket by him was his strongest move yet in this series.

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I think Clint is a playoff player but matchup based but his confidence is gone right now. 

JC proved against the Knicks and now Philly, he's Trezz Jr.