• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Philly is better. We have to fight like hell to eek out a win. When we aren't playing well, they completely dominate us.

They're playing with a lot more energy than we are. They're just wanting it more. And we are refusing to go INTO Embiid. That makes a lot of difference.

• Like 1

Good news. We've made big comebacks before. We're down 22 points and we, unfortunately shot 31 and 25% with only 3 assist as a team total. They shot 53 & 47%! Can they keep that up? There is a chance we can make this comeback! 

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's not playing with any force on the offensive end.  

Johnny Max, on the other hand, is playing quite well.  

Trae with 14 pts but only 1 assist.

Trae would be 14/7 if we made layups and hit even a 3rd of the open shots he has set up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHawks89 said:

Good news. We've made big comebacks before. We're down 22 points and we, unfortunately shot 31 and 25% with only 3 assist as a team total. They shot 53 & 47%! Can they keep that up? There is a chance! 

Yeah I'm not going all doom and gloom this time around. Still plenty of time left. Just get it down to 10 in the 3rd quarter. 

Just now, AHawks89 said:

Good news. We've made big comebacks before. We're down 22 points and we, unfortunately shot 31 and 25% with only 3 assist as a team total. They shot 53 & 47%! Can they keep that up? There is a chance! 

It can keep up. Because our defense is garbage, and their defense is excellent. It's not like we are missing good looks, we are struggling to even get shots off.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Don't disappear when we make a comeback.

You know good and well he wasn't around for the Knicks series and didn't show up til they started losing to Philly. 

That's one reason it was so nice around here that 1st round. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I'm not giving up on this game, they only scored 62 points that half. We shot horribly and didn't play the best defense on Embiid. We can be better. 

I agree.

This was easily one of our worst halves of the year.  I can't imagine this team playing any worse.

Sixers shooting has cooled off tremendously since that red hot start.

If we can make a few shots and somehow get this to 10 by the end of the 3rd, this may get interesting.

But those boys have to show some heart tonight.

This is us right now . . but we're not dead.

Punch Out |

Take over the game Trae.  Any way you possibly can.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed Hawks make the adjustments necessary to make it a ball-game. Let's play some disciplined defense and actually move our feet instead of reaching and bailing the Sixers out. On offense we need more ball movement, Sixers on ball D has been great but can't get impatient and toss up bad looks.

If Sixers get cold the window can open up again, I have a feeling Trae is gonna show us something nice in Q3.