• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Bucks. Nate v. Bud. Trae v. Giannis. ECF! #WeMove KnuckIfYouBuck

NBASupes

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Um, no. Sorry, no. Jokic is hands down better than Embiid on offense. Embiid isn't a tenth of a passer the Joker is.

Several have made this point but as Soth is the resident Jokic fan, I'll give my clarification and concession in response to his post:

Jokic is the better passer by a significant margin which I think makes a good case for the better overall offensive player.  That said, I think Embiid is a significantly tougher cover on defense as far as trying to stop him scoring.  So saying "offensive" is overstating the point I was trying to make about the difficulty of trying to deny him a bucket or trip to the line and I'll amend my statement to say Embiid is the toughest center to stop from scoring.  I think you see that when you look at the regular season and the series in which they were eliminated.  

Again, Jokic is the much better passer and given that Embiid's edge as a scorer isn't nearly as big as their gulf as playmakers I think that is fair to say that Jokic is better overall on offense for that reason.  Embiid's superior defense closes the overall gap.

But as for making life difficult on Capela, I still think Embiid is the toughest matchup.  Jokic makes life much more difficult for every other defender on the floor as he can hit their man at any time and he encourages them to make cuts, etc. knowing they might get a pass from him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Gonna post some interesting tweets from Glen Willis about this Bucks series. And since I can't stand how tweets don't embed properly here which make them difficult to read, I'm just going to copy+pasta the text from the tweets instead. 

For the Twitter link: https://twitter.com/willis_glen/with_replies 

Glen Willis
Thoughts Hawks v Bucks. MIL has some of same vulnerabilities Sixers had offensively, even more so. (Embiid is better offensively than anyone on Bucks) but they produce more as a team in transition and attacking paint (some overlap). If Hawks can get back/set will be a good start.

podge
Noticed the only time Philly ever got consistently going on fast breaks Hawks shut it down, mainly with great floor running by Capela and slowing down the pace on their end offensively

Glen Willis
Yes, and Capela unselfishly giving up on potential opportunities to chase offensive rebounds.

Reggie Williams
What about defensively? I feel like even though jrue is a great defender, trae will get some relief not having to deal with all the height the sixers threw at him.

Glen Willis
The are more stingy on the interior... you need heavy shooting lineups to punish what they do, so Gallo will be a big factor, JC will need to make perimeter shots. And they would miss Bogi if he couldn't play effectively.

Glen Willis
Something Embiid/Sixers did yesterday to impact Trae's runner was digging on the gather and getting into his space in the process. You can see here how Trae short-arms the shot as a result. Something to watch that the Bucks might try to replicate.

Later in the game Trae anticipates the Embiid dig as he readies his floater and uses it to create the lob opportunity for Capela. I also love the contact on Embiid after the lob to make sure he can't get back to Capela. His creation IQ is absurd.

Brian
i really like the adjustment made by putting capela deeper, on the baseline, instead of on the block later in the game. forced embiid to declare a little bit more and created more space for lobs (lead to that run of capela buckets)

Are you trying to embed them on your phone or computer?  @capstone21

Although I view Twitter as an evil of the world today and so am rarely on it, I don't have a problem embedding tweets here:

Just as an example.

• Like 2

• Admin
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

Although I view Twitter as an evil of the world today and so am rarely on it, I don't have a problem embedding tweets here:

Just as an example.

Yes, tweet embeds work fine ... what issue are you having?

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just as an example.

21 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Yes, tweet embeds work fine ... what issue are you having?

They don't work fine on PC. I'm on my phone now, and they work fine. If I go hop on my computer and pull up this site on Google Chrome, then they don't. And this is the only site I ever have that issue on. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Several have made this point but as Soth is the resident Jokic fan, I'll give my clarification and concession in response to his post:

Jokic is the better passer by a significant margin which I think makes a good case for the better overall offensive player.  That said, I think Embiid is a significantly tougher cover on defense as far as trying to stop him scoring.  So saying "offensive" is overstating the point I was trying to make about the difficulty of trying to deny him a bucket or trip to the line and I'll amend my statement to say Embiid is the toughest center to stop from scoring.  I think you see that when you look at the regular season and the series in which they were eliminated.  

Again, Jokic is the much better passer and given that Embiid's edge as a scorer isn't nearly as big as their gulf as playmakers I think that is fair to say that Jokic is better overall on offense for that reason.  Embiid's superior defense closes the overall gap.

But as for making life difficult on Capela, I still think Embiid is the toughest matchup.  Jokic makes life much more difficult for every other defender on the floor as he can hit their man at any time and he encourages them to make cuts, etc. knowing they might get a pass from him.

100% I think I made the same point in another thread:  Embiid is much tougher to guard 1:1 but Jokic is much tougher to guard for the whole team.  So while Embiid might look like he's dominating a player, Jokic dominates your whole team defense.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

They don't work fine on PC. I'm on my phone now, and they work fine. If I go hop on my computer and pull up this site on Google Chrome, then they don't. And this is the only site I ever have that issue on. 

Did you hit the space around after pasting the link on your PC?

• Premium Member
Just now, hylndr11 said:

Why we talking about jokic ? Did we here about reddish ? Can't find anything figured Travis would say something this morning on air

Travis didn't go on air... nothing on Cam, nothing on Bogi, nothing on Trae's shoulder.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Why we talking about jokic ? Did we here about reddish ? Can't find anything figured Travis would say something this morning on air

Let me save you some time, Reddish isn't playing. And probably for the same reason someone like Dunn isn't playing in these playoffs even though he's healthy -- which is Nate saying when he got healthy it was too late in the season for him to start working into the rotation and figuring out what his best role would by and how to play with his teammates. Don't expect to see Reddish the rest of the season and you'll save yourself a few grey hairs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Let me save you some time, Reddish isn't playing. And probably for the same reason someone like Dunn isn't playing in these playoffs even though he's healthy -- which is Nate saying when he got healthy it was too late in the season for him to start working into the rotation and figuring out what his best role would by and how to play with his teammates. Don't expect to see Reddish the rest of the season and you'll save yourself a few grey hairs. 

Well at least make him available to play. That's all I ask. 

• Premium Member

What if I told you that Skip Bayless would be the only national media member to mention that Deandre Hunter and Cam Reddish are missing from this series and that he'd pick them over the Bucks? :eek::eek::eek:

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, bleachkit said:

They are hard to score to on. Their big three, Giannis, Middleton and Holiday, along with a still effective Lopez, is a hand full to say the least. 

They said Sixers All-Nba defenders & Simmons would expose Trae, I aint stressin'. Albeit, we need Collins to be effective as their length has effected him in past history.

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, aali34 said:

What if I told you that Skip Bayless would be the only national media member to mention that Deandre Hunter and Cam Reddish are missing from this series and that he'd pick them over the Bucks? :eek::eek::eek:

Here's the thing about Shannon's take.   We have Gallo.  Gallo can guard Lopez on the perimeter.   But Lopez isn't that hard to stop on the 3 point line.  He just have to be covered by someone who's reasonably tall.   He's probably not shooting over Snell or Solo if they are up on him.  He's damn sure not shooting over Gallo.  

Build that wall in the lane and you can stop Giannis' transition buckets.   He showed in the Nets series that in the half court you can d him up good enough.  You won't stop him everytime but we'll probably stop him more than we did embiid.   Bigggest difference is Giannis doesn't wear down like embiid. 

• Like 3