• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Bucks. Nate v. Bud. Trae v. Giannis. ECF! #WeMove KnuckIfYouBuck

NBASupes

I do not feel as good about this one as I did in the case of Philly. I remembered us giving Philly trouble even when this was a bad team, so that combined with facing off against Doc was going to make it a very interesting upset special series from the get go. In the case of Milwaukee, this is much less the case.

I would feel better if Cam and De'Andre weren't both out (let's be honest, Cam won't play even though he'd be very useful) and Bogi wasn't hurt (since he was great in the two games vs Milwaukee). 

Having said that...

- This team doesn't know they're not supposed to win.
- Bud's defensive system gives up a lot of open threes.
- Those games where the Hawks struggled vs the Bucks came with Lloyd Pierce.

Perhaps the 20/21 Hawks are last year's Heat, only with it being more impressive because the Hawks have won 5 road games in hostile environments now, with the Heat doing what they did last year in a bubble with no fans.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Jrue Holiday is a challenge for us. The guy that usually fd us up is out in Divicinzo. That guy was a pest on Trae. I can see things the Bucks can expose on us but man, they really rely on the open court and if you avoid turnovers, it's really hard for them to score outside of threes. Giannis will hate us like Simmons and Randle does. We can make getting to the paint a nightmare. Ask Embiid who can do it all and even better. You better be a tremendous half court player to beat us. 

Ok I see your point 😂 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I dont think we should write Bogi off. As far as I know he does not have a serious injury. He has two days to rest. He's probably just in a shooting slump for than anything. But yes, we need Dre in the wost way, especially on defense. If Cam does not play in this series, then I dont know what to say. We have a real chance to win a title here. It's not just a matter of we could use him defense, we need him on defense. We do not have a strong defensive wing. Props to Kevin and Bogi for playing hard on defense and holding their own for the most part,  but they do not have Cam's god given length and lighting quick hands. 

Not to mention, tremendous feet.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For us, injuries are becoming a real factor.

Trae has been playing through pain and it severely affected him last night.

Same with Bogi except it's been troubling him for a few games now.

Hunter is obviously out. That's 3/5's of our starting lineup out or banged up to the point that it's affecting their play.

Those are the things that worry me right now. 

In terms of the Bucks

We know about Giannis

Middleton has come on recently as their closer since Giannis can't be trusted to make his shots.

Jrue had decent (overblown) success guarding Trae that one game. He may be the best overall PG we have faced this playoffs.

Lopez is there to space the floor and crash the glass. His tip outs are absolute backbreakers that lead to open 3's. Cannot overlook his BBIQ.

Tucker has been getting more minutes than Connaughton but I don't see a matchup that calls for his services unless they want him on Trae or Bogi.

Don't sleep on Portis or Forbes who are money from the outside off the bench. 

Bucks are a solid bunch with their own big 3 of sorts. It's going to take another team effort on them.

I think you us come out defensively with

Jrue - Kev/Bogi

Pat/Tucker - Trae

Middleton - Bogi/Kev

Giannis - Clint 

Lopez - JC

I think they guard us more straight up but with switching within position groups

Trae - Holiday

Bogi, Kev- Middleton and Connaughton

JC, Clint- Lopez and Giannis

The big difference is the bench. They have shooters coming in. We have shot makers/creators in Lou and Gallo.

They have to ride their big 3 more because their bench plays off of them. 

Our bench players will come in and add more DPS threats to deal with. This could be a huge advantage.

Hopefully Trae and Bogi get some rest and heal up. If Bogi needs to sit a game I'd rather he do it now. We may not win another series without him contributing anything. 

Maybe things will change this series, but for the most part Bud did not use his bench. He's going all in defense, and it's working. They have been the best defensive team in the playoffs. 

I can't see Tucker guarding Trae.  That'll definitely be Jrue.  

They could put Tucker on JC and make life uncomfortable for him but I don't think he'll start.

Jrue - Trae

Pat - Bogi

Middleton - Kev

Giannis - JC

Lopez - Clint

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Embiid is the toughest matchup he'll face in the entire league, imo.  Embiid is a beast and he put up his career high in total points, total assists, total rebounds, total blocks and totals steals as well as his career high in points per game, assists per game, and was about 15% higher than his career average in rebounds per game in the playoffs.  He had a great series and is the best offensive center in the game by a significant margin, imo.  

Definitely the toughest matchup from an assignment perspective but I still think Jokic is a more complete offensive center.  He has better moves on the block imo and is one of the best passers in the NBA including all positions.  Jokic is a much harder center to guard for the whole team whereas I feel like Embiid is really tough to guard individually.  The major edge Embiid has is drawing fouls

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcleitsy said:

Any other squawkers going to the game on Wednesday? Tickets were fairly cheap. Airfare, hotel, and ticket all for <500. 

image.png.8a6535a545c7d7a0206e60b96d5eec61.png

I live in Chicago.  My son too. We might go to one of the Milwaukee games.  We used to go to Milwaukee to watch the Hawks all the time.  Then they drafted Giannis and the prices skyrocketed.