Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Did yall know edible charcoal was a thing?

Been taking it for 5 years now. Once a week it’s really good for your ummm, insides.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Keep reading ...... there's a m. night. Shamalalalaln twist coming ....

I’m on page 📄 9 lol.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Idk. More than likely, they probably would have beat them and the Knicks as we did.

Well we dont know if the Hawks would have beaten the Clippers either. The games the Mavs won their role players were shooting unstainable levels from three. When it normalized they lost. Luka ran out of gas in the 4th were Trae seemed to gain momentum. 

This season not so much though.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hunter locked yo tail up all game, Jimi.  Relax.

That iso early on that was straight snuffed out return to sender was sick early on.

If Hunter wasn’t a quiet dude and was Rasheed the whole city would have heard about it. :sarcastic:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm starting to wonder how much input Travis had in putting that Warriors championship team together.  Bob Myers, the GM,  has been there the whole time.  He signed their big three, put bodies around them, won championships, dismantled the team,  went into free agency and got Wiggins and Porter, went into the lottery and got Jordan Poole who is averaging 17 points a game, and Kuminga who scored 25 points with 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks and a steal against the Bulls yesterday.  They got Moody in the lottery as well who is developing nicely in the G League.  They sit right at the top of the West.   

Meanwhile, Travis QUESTIONABLY built his team around a ball hogging undersized guard instead of Luka Doncic, busted on Bruno, busted on Reddish, drafted a oft injuried Hunter (injuries at Virginia), overpaid for Bogi, busted on Rondo, questionably signed Wright, Capela and Williams have regressed, doesn't require his coach to play Johnson or Cooper, and is rumored to be trading the next best player on the team, John Collins, out of town.  Meanwhile, free agents like DeMar DeRozan, Steven Adams, etc. were available on his watch and could have been easily gotten to improve this Hawks roster.  Not 5 years into his rebuild, he is about to tear it apart, with the consolidation prize being a guard who doesn't like to shoot.  The Hawks could end up with a guard who shoots too much, and a guard who doesn't shoot one bit. LMAO. 

Gonna be hard to change the identity of this team unless we Traede Young.. He's just too hard to build around.... And just too damn erratic and easy for teams to pick on defensively..

Call his hometown of OKC.

Ask for SGA, Giddy and picks.....Its the only way to make the Luka deal look somewhat ok now

Luka closing out the Grizzlies almost made me sick last night.. 

Thunder needs a flashy ticket seller.

And We need to start over... smh

Giddy/SGA/Hunter/Collins/Capela

Im Sick and tird of being sick and tired of watching Trae play basketball for my team.....

Call me a troll or whatever.. I dont care....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

We fought. The ball rotations seemed to be a lot more crisp than a before. We still haven’t found that rhythm and tempo that we need to play our brand of “Hawks ball”. People are down but I honestly think we can straighten this thing out and get into the playoffs and make noise. 

This year is different. If we get in as a 7th seed and we play a #2 seeded Bulls team, I’m not scared AT ALL.

We need to stay together as a team, as fans and as SQUAWKERS BABY!!!!! 

Hunter is a keeper. (Just fabulous, both ways). @hawkman your boy was on it. High focus level.

OO is a keeper (he fought and fought that engine was in overdrive all night)

Trae IS OUR FRANCHISE. (Like it or not he’s the man, he was busting on D too).

Collins/Gallo/Bogi/Huerter need to regroup a bit. 

To me, Collins expends a lot of unnecessary energy at unnecessary times in the game. Just feel like his awareness of game situations isn’t as sharp as we would want, the same goes with Huerter. I mean, if you can’t get it in at during a critical times then call a TO. 

We got NY tonight at State Farm let’s regroup and get it. It’ll be nice to see Cam (on the bench in a suit) tonight. 

Go Hawks!

ps @AUhawksfan @kg01 and others who are getting frustrated, stick with us, WE NEED YOU!!! Don’t leave! We are the Squawk fam! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Gonna be hard to change the identity of this team unless we Traede Young.. He's just too hard to build around.... And just too damn erratic and easy for teams to pick on defensively..

Ask for SGA, Giddy and picks.....Its the only way to make the trade look somewhat decent now that Cam is off the table..

Im Sick and tird of being sick and tired of watching Trae play basketball for my team and mucking shit up when it matters most.......

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Traede Young.. He's just too hard to build around....

It takes us 25 years to get a franchise player after Nique and you want to run him out of town? 

Trae is top 4 in the league in points and assists.

Let me say it louder.

TRAE IS TOP 4 IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, THE WHOLE LEAGUE IN POINTS AND ASSISTS.

And you wanna trade him.

image.gif.a8b9eb7c019e277895848614c1b03457.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Luka and Trae play the same style. The difference is Luka plays better off the ball offensively, he's much bigger, he plays much better defense especially team defense, he doesn't have the low floor within games Trae has, and he's a million times easier to build around as he doesn't require such special pieces around him to win games in this league. 

They are very easy to compare and Luka is definitely a better player. He might not have the highs Trae is capable of but he doesn't have no where near the same lows either. 

Atlanta fans will be bias as Dallas fans will be but it's obvious now that this deal was a mistake and it currently haunts the Hawks. 

Theyre not even comparing Trae with Luka anymore..

Its who would you rather have Luka or Ja... Luka or Melo..

Trae Young is an afterthought now..

NO GM in their right mind would take Trae over any of those players.. Well maybe Travis.. smh

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It takes us 25 years to get a franchise player after Nique and you want to run him out of town? 

Let me say it louder.

And you wanna trade him.

Whio the fk cares about individual accolades? Not me...He did the same thing in college and didnt win shit either.. Its always the coach or his teammates fault.. Just like Matt Ryan.. smh

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You're missing the point. You just don’t trade a Trae Young. He’s generational.

Generational players dont lose 10 staright games at home in their 4th season.. Im sorry Spud...

Edited by terrell

12 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Also I’m ok with voicing the Trae frustrations but what do people think they’ll really get in return for him?  The savior or our franchise?  Do tell. 

image.gif.a6dbd51d866865a5720b0de71c04bd18.gif

Call OKC...Theyre desperate for a "star"...3 picks SGA and Giddy...They can have him and his ball hogging no defense playing self...Hawks have been losers since he's been here.. Except for that 2 month run last year that looks like it was just circumstantial...Dre was on one last night, and didnt even get a touch in the 4th qtr.. I wonder why??

Edited by terrell

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Let me say it louder.

And you wanna trade him.

Some folk got a taste of tanking and can't shake it.  They miss the tankathon simulator.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ask for SGA, Giddy and picks.....Its the only way to make the Luka deal look somewhat ok now

Im Sick and tird of being sick and tired of watching Trae play basketball for my team.....

I tried to buy into Trae when he came into the league because basketball fans didn't think he could make it in the NBA.  I said TRIED because I had a feeling that Luka was the better player.  I got tired of his antics around the midpoint of his rookie season.  I can see past the tricky dribbling and logo 3s.   I see a player, like you said, thats a BAD ENGINE for a team.  He can't be the central piece.  I can RANDOMLY turn to Ballysports and within seconds, if NOT AT THAT VERY MOMENT, see Trae launch a shot up.  Its a joke.  If he does pass the ball, he most DEFINITELY shooting it the next time down the court  😀   Its like he is saying " ok, I gave you a shot, now back to business".  

Again, I knew like you said that you can't build around him.  His Oklahoma teammates didn't like him.  I posted a article about it on this board.  They would take bad shots whenever they got the ball because they knew they wasn't getting it back.  Trae put up big numbers and that team would lose games.  Same as with the Hawks.  Travis can't trade him because that would be like firing himself as GM.  Only a superstar paired with Trae would give the Hawks even a chance to build a efficient offense and defense.  Then Trae might quit like he did up in Charlotte last season. 

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Some folk got a taste of tanking and can't shake it.  They miss the tankathon simulator.

If I wanted to tank I'd be all for keeping Trae..

Hes the perfect player for a tanking team..