• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ben Simmons is a closer...just kidding, he's virtually unplayable late in games.

Its Schlenks job to find one....Trae too damn shaky in the clutch..

Edited by terrell

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae didn't blow the game.   

We all know that Huerter blew the game with the giveaway foul with the Heat in the bonus, and the turnover on the other end when he could've easily had called a timeout.

Trae simply didn't make the game winning play near the end.  Heat read the play well when they drew the charge on Trae.

And LOL @ YOU of all people, talking about admitting something.  You never admit to anything.  I criticize Trae whenever he plays sorry.  You can't even give the guy props when he plays well.  That's why you were silent for most of 46 minutes of this game.

What world are you in? Our best player cost us the game with like 2 straight turnovers. He gets more blame than Kevin because if Trae didn't turn the ball over and not play smart basketball, the Kevin play wouldn't matter.

Bogi should take a large share of the blame too. I expect Trae to close out these games and not contribute to the other team getting the lead. All night he played smart looking for the right play until.the last 4 minutes of the game.

Not saying he is the sole reason, but his play under 2 minutes was shitty. I expect more from him.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

He doesn't perform well in late game situations anymore. He was a clutch player his first couple of years, but he isn't anymore.

His handle gotten worse. I don't recall him fumbling the ball as much as he has this year 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

I usually agree with @TheNorthCydeRises so I will say it. Trae took a very bad hero 3 at the end but even after we still had a chance, then Huerter had a terrible pass in and somehow hunter and collins collided.

nate made the worse decision of them all by not putting in OO at the end instead of Gallo….

I trust Trae taking that shot, because he makes it.   If he's open, I don't complain about that shot.

And it didn't hurt us because the Heat didn't score on the other end, and Trae ended up getting 2 FTs to put us up by 2.

The big sequence at the end was Collins getting blocked in the paint, and Trae turning the ball over which led to Kevin taking that foul against PJ Tucker.

Other than that, no complaints, other than we didn't make the shots and didn't take care of the ball at the end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Dre needs some more pick and roll opportunities too. That's what was working for him when he was playing the best basketball of his career.

Dre got shut out after some point. Its the heliocentric Hawks way

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I actually enjoyed watching this game. It’s amazing how when you play with effort and hustle on D how much better you are as a team. Its a shame Cam had to be the sacrificial lamb in order for them to get it.  Bogi is the blame for this loss with his stupid technical foul that erased a 5 point lead and his inability to make a wide open 3. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What world are you in? Our best player cost of the game with like 2 straight turnovers. He gets more blame than Kevin because if Trae didn't turn the ball over and not play smart basketball, the Kevin play wouldn't matter.

Bogi should take a large share of the blame too. I expect Trae to close out these games and not contribute to the other team getting the lead. All night he played smart looking for the right play until.the last 4 minutes of the game.

Not saying he is the sole reason, but his play under 2 minutes was shitty. I expect more from him.

It's all about game situation.

The long 3, he was open.  He just missed the shot.   Heat didn't score.   Trae ends up getting 2 FTs to put us up by 2.

PJ Tucker forced the turnover when Trae's handle got loose, and Kevin fouled PJ . . with the game tied.

The drive to the hoop, he was being aggressive and not settling for the bomb ( that ya'll hate ), but the Heat made a great play to draw a charge.  Head's up to them.

There's a big difference in blowing a game, and not making game winning plays.  Trae didn't make enough game winning plays at the end.  He didn't blow the game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What world are you in? Our best player cost of the game with like 2 straight turnovers. He gets more blame than Kevin because if Trae didn't turn the ball over and not play smart basketball, the Kevin play wouldn't matter.

He turned to hero ball. Should have used Trae as a decoy and got Dre an easy pull up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His handle gotten worse. I don't recall him fumbling the ball as much as he has this year 

They should consider trading him and blowing this team up. It sucks.

Trae is one of the worst defenders ever and now he is anti clutch. That leaves you with a stat player that requires the team to be full of defenders to try and cover up for Tree's defense.

But, yes.... His handles are way worse than they used to be.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That guy is so funny.  He goes out of his way to protect Trae young like he is a relative or something.  Constantly attacks and questions poster's fandom and accuses them of having an agenda.  If you criticize another player, he is all for it because it takes the spot light off of Trae and his mistakes.  I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I actually enjoyed watching this game. It’s amazing how when you play with effort and hustle on D how much better you are as a team. Its a shame Cam had to be the sacrificial lamb in order for them to get it.  Bogi is the blame for this loss with his stupid technical foul that erased a 5 point lead and his inability to make a wide open 3. 

Bogi never makes open 3's

• Premium Member

Alright.

Miami is a very good team.  Better than us right now.  We're upset because we should have won this game.   But let's not damn the effort... we were much improved from how we been playing. 

Our 2nd Team is playing very good.  It's good to see guys healthy. 

Hunter is a breath of fresh air. 

Trae may be in a funk.. he's just not the general that he has been out there.   It may be that he's constantly doubled but he's going to have to learn to beat that and the team gotta help. 

Mental mistakes and missed free throws cost us this game.   That's where we got to get better to start.