• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I tried to buy into Trae when he came into the league because basketball fans didn't think he could make it in the NBA.  I said TRIED because I had a feeling that Luka was the better player.  I got tired of his antics around the midpoint of his rookie season.  I can see past the tricky dribbling and logo 3s.   I see a player, like you said, thats a BAD ENGINE for a team.  He can't be the central piece.  I can RANDOMLY turn to Ballysports and within seconds if NOT AT THAT VERY MOMENT, see Trae launch a shot up.  Its a joke.  If he does pass the ball, he most DEFINITELY shooting it the next time down the court  😀   Its like he is saying " ok, I gave you a shot, now back to business".  

Again, I knew like you said that you can't build around him.  His Oklahoma teammates didn't like him.  I posted a article about it on this board.  They would take bad shots whenever they got the ball because they knew they wasn't getting it back.  Trae put up big numbers and that team would lose games.  Same as with the Hawks.  Travis can't trade him because that would be like firing himself as GM.  Only a superstar paired with Trae would give the Hawks even a chance to build a efficient offense and defense.  Then Trae might quit like he did up in Charlotte last season. 

I tried too...My wife always ask me why do you give "baby hair" such a hard time....He drives me insane with the dumb shots, stupid turnovers, and lazy defense... Especially in crunch time.. I cant take it!!!

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I see your truuueee colors, shinin' through .....

Ive never really been a fan of Trae Young.. But Im a diehard Hawks fan.. So I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.. But he seems to be getting worse.. He was better in his 2nd year imo...And Im not just talking about his numbers...His overall play.. But hey he's maxed now, so.....................................................Hopefully he can improve on things that get on my nerves..But I just cant see it.. Trae is who he is......  Hes just not fun to watch anymore...For me anyway..

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

I tried too...My wife always ask me why do you give "baby hair" such a hard time....He drives me insane with the dumb shots, stupid turnovers, and lazy defense... Especially in crunch time.. I cant take it!!!

I try not to be petty, but man, I HATE how his hair flops up and down in back when he runs back down the court after taking a shot.  I absolutely hate it.  😀    That hair paired with them bad shots, man, its like raking your fingernails on a chalkboard.  

NBA playoffs: Trae Young embracing chance to silence Knicks fans

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I try not to be petty, but man, I HATE how his hair flops up and down in back when he runs back down the court after taking a shot.  I absolutely hate it.  😀    That hair paired with them bad shots, man, its like raking your fingernails on a chalkboard.  

Youre not alone man.... Im a former barber back in the day.. That drives me crazy too, but I dont mention it.. Only to my family.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ive never really been a fan of Trae Young.. But Im a diehard Hawks fan.. So I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.. But he seems to be getting worse.. He was better in his 2nd year imo...And Im not just talking about his numbers...His overall play.. But hey he's maxed now, so.....................................................Hopefully he can improve on things that get on my nerves..But I just cant see it.. Trae is who he is......  Hes just not fun to watch anymore...For me anyway..

Dominique couldn't win it by himself.  The best Hawks player ever.

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol the minute we start winning they will be claiming he is the mvp. Never knew a fourth year guard won't improve.

Hell, steph Curry is playing wayy worst than Trae, but no one talks about it because the warriors are more together as a team.

If Steph was a Hawk I might care...........But I dont..

What can he improve at with his stature? Playing off ball? Doubtful..  Defense? Nope...Turnovers? Doubtful.. Leadership? TBD.. Posting up smaller guards? lol..Heck no...  What exactly? Trae has played the same way for his entire BBall career.. He is who he is at this point imo....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol the minute we start winning they will be claiming he is the mvp. Never knew a fourth year guard won't improve.

Hell, steph Curry is playing wayy worst than Trae, but no one talks about it because the warriors are more together as a team.

We are seven games below .500. That is really bad. If we get to 10 games below .500 our playoff odds fall below 10%. I don't know what the answer is, but this season has been a monumental disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We are seven games below .500. That is really bad. If we get to 10 games below .500 our playoff odds fall below 10%. I don't know what the answer is, but this season has been a monumental disappointed.

It has, but do you support trading Trae and saying he will never improve?

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

What can he improve at with his stature? Playing off ball? Doubtful..  Defense? Nope...Turnovers? Doubtful.. Leadership? TBD.. Posting up smaller guards? lol..Heck no...  What exactly? Trae has played the same way for his entire BBall career.. He is who he is at this point imo....

I do agree that he probably does not have a lot of room for growth. But when he's on, he can be a devastating offensive point guard. The playoff run last year gives me hope we can win with him, but this season has been giving me doubts. Teams are figuring him out in crunch time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

You predicted we would be bad so why you so upset?

Just now, bleachkit said:

I do agree that he probably does not have a lot of room for growth. But when he's on, he can be a devastating offensive point guard. The playoff run last year gives me hope we can win with him, but this season has been giving me doubts. Teams are figuring him out in crunch time.

So a 4th year player doesn't have a ton of room for growth?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Teams are figuring him out in crunch time.

Is it just that though?  Or have teams figured out if you throw the kitchen sink at him there is NOBODY else to beat them.  Still waiting on 'one a dem wings' to be the secondary and CONSISTENT threat to take over a game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You predicted we would be bad so why you so upset?

So a 4th year player doesn't have a ton of room for growth?

It's not the years, it's his size limitations and his deeply ingrained habits. He also has not shown much interest in playing off the ball. Supes is probably right in that the best thing for him is an elite center which would open room for his floater, which is his best shot. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, terrell said:

If I wanted to tank I'd be all for keeping Trae..

Hes the perfect player for a tanking team..

Now you’re just flailing. Look, you and Supes, or should I say the one of you, need to stop being emo 🖤, chill. Scammin a$$ Cam is gone, it’s done. We move on. Trae stays. 

image.gif.7dc885f68e7194db3d0121e836c27b5a.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I see your truuueee colors, shinin' through .....

You’re gonna hit that quintuple single again with the emo’s as I gave this is 😢 You got 4/5 you just need a double, I mean a triple. You know what kg, you are 4-5 on the day but you’re not good enough so we are gonna trade you to the Los Angeles Yankees for a bay of Lay’s and pack of gum. 

Oh boy, I’m going cross sporting again! :cray2:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is it just that though?  Or have teams figured out if you throw the kitchen sink at him there is NOBODY else to beat them.  Still waiting on 'one a dem wings' to be the secondary and CONSISTENT threat to take over a game.

That's certainly part of it. Maybe Dre can be that guy, but the remains to be seen.

• Like 1