Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

When I said at some point all of these wings will be traded and all will fail with Trae, people said I was just mad Cam was in trade talks or I was hating. 

I will die on the hill that its worthless wasting so much money on wings when Trae doesn't get them involved enough to get in a rhythm. 

If you want sharps who don't need quality touches like Joe Harris, they aren't that cheap either and give you NO defense.

Trae is hell for other wings and always will be. We need the best possible 4 and 5 we can get and build inside/out. We should never waste serious assets on wings. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

2 top 10 fkn draft picks in ONE draft... smfh

Fire Travis...And take Nate with him...

Okay Terrell

That is straight overboard on that, this team has alot of holes, but we should give Travis a chance to fix this issue and besides his decisions about FA and trades almost got us to the Finals last year.  Give me a chance or not.

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Celtics 1 for 9 shooting against Trae and y’all tell me it’s Traes fault.

nah this defense is ass. Hunter was fuc**ng terrible and EASILY the worst hawk today.

let’s hear the frustration about hunter ? Anyone want to scream trade hunter ???…

Easily the worse he was absolute shit today!

Hunter was terrible on the offensive end. He still played excellent man to man defense. 

I don't know why y'all continue to let this team upset y'all.  We are what our record says we are a bad team at this point.  Expect they will be inconsistent and find a way to lose. 

I'm going to tankathon and pray if we don't go on a run that we somehow end up with Jaden Ivey. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Where are those Trae haters at???? hunter was terrible today absolutely terrible!….I wonder if the Trae haters will give the same feedback to hunter.

It won't happen.  

Trae didn't shoot nearly well enough to keep the haters away.   But Hunter just wasn't ready for the expanded offensive role today.  I like that he came out aggressive, but he wasn't ready for the big stage today.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

This team is dog shit.

I know I complain about Trae some, but he isn't the overall reason why this team is bad.

Any real examination of this team reveals that this team is poorly built.

Not much better.

Schlenk is overrated as fk.. Thats the problem..Look at all the draft capital he's had.. And for what? I dont want this guy making any more picks Im sorry... 

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It won't happen.  

Trae didn't shoot nearly well enough to keep the haters away.   But Hunter just wasn't ready for the expanded offensive role today.  I like that he came out aggressive, but he wasn't ready for the big stage today.

They were both bad in the 2nd half from what I watched...

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Celtics 1 for 9 shooting against Trae and y’all tell me it’s Traes fault.

nah this defense is ass. Hunter was fuc**ng terrible and EASILY the worst hawk today.

let’s hear the frustration about hunter ? Anyone want to scream trade hunter ???…

Easily the worse he was absolute shit today!

Whoa . . . is that accurate?  1 - 9 shooting against Trae?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Before all the Hawk Haters start in... I want everybody to answer this question.

When we were up by 10 points and we started the 3rd quarter...

Did the refs calls influence the game???

Before you start with your normal hate hawks commentary.. Just answer that one question...

• Like 2

Just now, Diesel said:

Before all the Hawk Haters start in... I want everybody to answer this question.

When we were up by 10 points and we started the 3rd quarter...

Did the refs calls influence the game???

Before you start with your normal hate hawks commentary.. Just answer that one question...

Yes it did. Those Dre "moving screens" are no different than what every screen set looks like today. If you're going to call them, be consistent. Taking Dre out of the game and putting smaller players on Tatum allowed him to get into a rhythm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Hunter was terrible on the offensive end. He still played excellent man to man defense. 

I don't know why y'all continue to let this team upset y'all.  We are what our record says we are a bad team at this point.  Expect they will be inconsistent and find a way to lose. 

I'm going to tankathon and pray if we don't go on a run that we somehow end up with Jaden Ivey. 

He always will be inconsistent on offense as long as he's playing with Trae.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

He literally had 2 moving screens called on him in the beginning of the 3rd and honestly he’s not good at screening.

His physique says he should be able to screen but reality is that he’s not a screener …maybe he need to work on screening with JC.

True.  His brakes/ acceleration needs work.  He doesn’t have the feel of what to do after the screen either.

• Like 1

With this Hawks team you have the following weaknesses;

-One PG

-One shot creator

-No guards that rebound

-No players with passing skills outside of Trae

-No slashers outside of Trae

-Only Bogi is pretty good at moving without the ball

-Few defenders

-Few hustle players

-An offensive system with any depth

-Only one player that gets to the free throw line

This team is way more flawed that some folks want to admit.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Hunter has made some extremely low BBIQ plays today. He was known for playing the right way. I'm starting to get concerned. 

Im past concerned.. Hes turned into straight trash lately. Might as well kept our picks and took Thybulle later in the draft if all we wanted was defense...(Schlenk the GOAT)..... With that said Thybulle might be better than Hunter on offense right now.. smfh

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

With this Hawks team you have the following weaknesses;

-One PG

-One shot creator

-No guards that rebound

-No players with passing skills outside of Trae

-No slashers outside of Trae

-Only Bogi is pretty good at moving without the ball

-Few defenders

-Few hustle players

-An offensive system with any depth

-Only one player that gets to the free throw line

This team is way more flawed that some folks want to admit.

I have to agreed with Plainview on this.  I been screaming about getting another playmaker when Trae is not on his game.

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

How the acctual hell are you blaming Trae for the wing production.  Bogi was out there killing it.  If you can't hit open shots then no one will be able to help you. 

This is a one star post.

Yep. I blame him for wing offensive inconsistency and his ability to make everyone drop two tiers defensively he plays with. He's worth 30 wins for a reason when he's a 50 win value offensively. He's an offensive engine and an insane offensive machine but like all of them, Bron Ball, Luka Ball, etc. They all have negatives. 

Trae Ball is a extremely spammy and it highly benefits bigs. 4s and 5s in particular offensively. 

The thing about Trae unlike Bron or Luka. Is defensive players don't get worse with Bron, they get a tier better. With Luka, they stay the same. With Trae, they drop a tier and the wings drop several tiers. 

I've never seen anyone or anything like Trae Young. 

Bogi going off when he spends time with the 2nd unit doing him is when he doesn't drop a tier on one end and two tiers on the other.

Edited by NBASupes