• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

Again, this team needs some serious changes in the offseason. Team is soft, inconsistent (Heurter especially, Hunter this year), and they are a bad defensive team. Travis will have to earn that money this offseason. 

I'd like to see the draft picks start playing because this team isn't going anywhere this year with the way they are playing. 

Again, get to .500 before I buy back into playoff talk. Until then, we're just a disappointing and inconsistent team that can't play good enough defense to make up for its sustained inconsistency. 

Edited by TheTruth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

With this Hawks team you have the following weaknesses;

-One PG

-One shot creator

-No guards that rebound

-No players with passing skills outside of Trae

-No slashers outside of Trae

-Only Bogi is pretty good at moving without the ball

-Few defenders

-Few hustle players

-An offensive system with any depth

-Only one player that gets to the free throw line

This team is way more flawed that some folks want to admit.

Schlenk the GOAT...

• Premium Member

Before all the Hawk Haters start in... I want everybody to answer this question.

When we were up by 10 points and we started the 3rd quarter...

Did the refs calls influence the game???

Before you start with your normal hate hawks commentary.. Just answer that one question...

16 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Keep Bogi, trade Hunter and Huerter

Schlenk is so bad man......Go get assistant GM from Memphis..Im afraid Fields might be too much like Travis... Tired of all of these finesse players... Dribble pass shoot or whatever the fk he says... smh

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

Trae Young is worth 30 wins

Capela is worth 30 wins 

JC is worth 35 wins

Iso Joe worth 30 wins

Smoove worth 30 wins

Horford worth 45 wins

We haven't had an winning player since Horford. 

We need to upgrade this rinky dink bunch.

This team isn't as good as the Highlight Factory Hawks. They just found something to spam others didn't adjust to in Trae's rookie and Junior year but once they adjusted, we went right back to the same ole, same ole.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yep. I blame him for wing offensive inconsistency and his ability to make everyone drop two tiers defensively he plays with. He's worth 30 wins for a reason when he's a 50 win value offensively. He's an offensive engine and an insane offensive machine but like all of them, Bron Ball, Luka Ball, etc. They all have negatives. 

Trae Ball is a extremely spammy and it highly benefits bigs. 4s and 5s in particular offensively. 

The thing about Trae unlike Bron or Luka. Is defensive players don't get worse with Bron, they get a tier better. With Luka, they stay the same. With Trae, they drop a tier and the wings drop several tiers. 

I've never seen anyone or anything like Trae Young. 

The thing is I  highly disagree with this.  Trae defensively today wasn't the problem.  The team doesn't seem to communicate.  I don't believe Trae is in charge of that.  

What last season's run showed me was that Trae can be involved in a good defense.  

When Trae isn't putting in effort for sure he makes the defense terrible. However, that wasn't the case today and the team was still ass on defense.  If we were paying Trae for defense I'd understand.  The other guys out there aren't playing defense or are not understanding the scheme.  We've seen them do it against this same Boston team, but the consistency just isn't there. 

That Eastern Conference finals run really ruined our expectations of this team.  They are still young and really need to get it together. 

Also disagree about the wings, if they were so good they'd do it when Trae isn't on the floor.  No one has been consistently good.  Bogi looks like he's rounding back into form and he maybe our only hope to make the playoffs as far as wing production.  Dre I'm chalking it up to injury and will just see what he is next season.  Kevin has turned back into year 2 Kevin on defense and I don't know why when he played so well last season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Or maybe Hunter just isn't that great. He is just a 3D player. That's all he is. Which is fine, but he is a role player.

He's not a 3&D player. He's an all around player but he needs high quality touches. He ain't getting that shit with Trae. He barely gets them at all. Also, he likes to survey shit, that shit don't work in a ball movement system. That shit works in a player movement system. Travis drafted a shit ton of players that fit the Warriors, not us. 

Travis needs to draft players who fit TRAE YOUNG and his strengths and weaknesses. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Robert Williams -2 but that’s a flat lie.  Derrick White gave them a nice pace putting up 27 stat points in 29 minutes damn.  These floor game PGs love when Trae’s on the floor I been saying for years.

White's final stat line

4 - 14 FG  . .  2 - 10 from 3 . . . 4 - 4 FTs

14 pts - 5 asst - 4 stls - 2 rebs - 1 blk ( which I needed for my fantasy team, since he's on it )

+12 for the game . . . ( even with Trae on the floor . . . +12 with Trae off the floor )

White literally scored only 2 points while Trae was in the game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I said at some point all of these wings will be traded and all will fail with Trae, people said I was just mad Cam was in trade talks or I was hating. 

I will die on the hill that its worthless wasting so much money on wings when Trae doesn't get them involved enough to get in a rhythm. 

If you want sharps who don't need quality touches like Joe Harris, they aren't that cheap either and give you NO defense.

Trae is hell for other wings and always will be. We need the best possible 4 and 5 we can get and build inside/out. We should never waste serious assets on wings. 

So 2 top 10 picks down the drain... And add to that Nate doesnt think OO is good enough to get min over sorry ass Gallo... smh......Good lord what a disaster.....Travis should just step down...I'll drive him to the airport. he and Nate both..

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Gallo and Huerter AND HUNTER were poo.

poop-emoji-gif-23.gif

20 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Hawks lack of pace and energy make them hard for me to watch. I would like to see a classic fast break where to wings are filling the lanes and are at the rim with two or three passes. How about setting the pace instead of just matching buckets.  They are not good enough to just trade buckets !!!

I miss playing with Pace - hate Nate offense.

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

His physique says he should be able to screen but reality is that he’s not a screener …maybe he need to work on screening with JC.

....and rebound.

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But Hunter just wasn't ready for the expanded offensive role today.  I like that he came out aggressive, but he wasn't ready for the big stage today.

...missed Jollins today.  he's a mismatch nightmare for the Celts.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's not a 3&D player. He's an all around player but he needs high quality touches. He ain't getting that shit with Trae. He barely gets them at all. Also, he likes to survey shit, that shit don't work in a ball movement system. That shit works in a player movement system. Travis drafted a shit ton of players that fit the Warriors, not us. 

Travis needs to draft players who fit TRAE YOUNG and his strengths and weaknesses. 

He barely rebounds at all and he is more limited offensively than what people think. He is never going to be better than 13-15 PPG.

Maybe one can say that he is a little better than strictly 3D, but he isn't an explosive offensive player.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I said at some point all of these wings will be traded and all will fail with Trae, people said I was just mad Cam was in trade talks or I was hating. 

I will die on the hill that its worthless wasting so much money on wings when Trae doesn't get them involved enough to get in a rhythm. 

If you want sharps who don't need quality touches like Joe Harris, they aren't that cheap either and give you NO defense.

Trae is hell for other wings and always will be. We need the best possible 4 and 5 we can get and build inside/out. We should never waste serious assets on wings. 

How many of Trae's 10 assists went to the wings?

Hmmmm . . . let's see.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=AST&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100856&PlayerID=1629027&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...missed Jollins today.  he's a mismatch nightmare for the Celts.

We are supposed to be deep, but if any of our top 3 are missing we just can't seem to win. 

This time without Collins is going to make some appreciate what he does for us a lot more. 

We missed John’s communication on defense today.  Most of our guys are pretty soft spoken, we need a couple loudmouths on that end.  Your rotations, boxing out, or both will suffer without it.  Although the rotations looked decent to me and Trae getting over screens directly contributed to the low point total surrendered.  Still lost tho ho hum.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

How the acctual hell are you blaming Trae for the wing production.  Bogi was out there killing it.  If you can't hit open shots then no one will be able to help you. 

This is a one star post.

...and the 'wing is out of rhythm because of Trae' narrative strikes again.  If you can't elevate your game on your own merit, cough cough....you may just not be good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

The thing is I  highly disagree with this.  Trae defensively today wasn't the problem.  The team doesn't seem to communicate.  I don't believe Trae is in charge of that.  

What last season's run showed me was that Trae can be involved in a good defense.  

When Trae isn't putting in effort for sure he makes the defense terrible. However, that wasn't the case today and the team was still ass on defense.  If we were paying Trae for defense I'd understand.  The other guys out there aren't playing defense or are not understanding the scheme.  We've seen them do it against this same Boston team, but the consistency just isn't there. 

That Eastern Conference finals run really ruined our expectations of this team.  They are still young and really need to get it together. 

Also disagree about the wings, if they were so good they'd do it when Trae isn't on the floor.  No one has been consistently good.  Bogi looks like he's rounding back into form and he maybe our only hope to make the playoffs as far as wing production.  Dre I'm chalking it up to injury and will just see what he is next season.  Kevin has turned back into year 2 Kevin on defense and I don't know why when he played so well last season. 

I don't care if you highly disagree right now. At some point you will agree and I am talking to that person, not the one currently in front of me.

Trae is always the problem defensively. Whenever you say he isn't is instant cap. 

When he isn't putting in effort, the Spurs game happens. When he does, it's still not good. He has to do a lot more than just put in effort. 

We got lucky with matchups. It's that simple. The Knicks were fools gold and the Sixers had a severe flaw and still almost won if Danny Green never got hurt. 

Milwaukee skated through the ECF. 

Nothing about this team is special. They spam shit like the PnR. Ball movement is underwhelming. Defense is pathetic exclusively due to one player and everyone else gets the blame for that man.

This team ain't going nowhere until they just come to a reality that with Trae. You got a low floor, ceiling raiser where you gotta play Trae Ball to win. I don't know if this can win in the NBA. Maybe it could, he's really f***ing hard to stop offensively. But he's gonna need so much around him. I just don't know. He makes too much.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

and when they have a chance to ISO - they have not been good at it.