• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Gave minimal effort needed to win.

Indeed. This is the NBA, we gotta knock them out when we can. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

1.  COVID

2.  She had bitten into it. 

3.  He's diabetic. 

4.  Nique watches everything he eats.

Ya prolly a bit of some of this here.

Nique has looked a lot better than 10 years ago for sure. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Indeed. This is the NBA, we gotta knock them out when we can. 

Ya prolly a bit of some of this here.

Nique has looked a lot better than 10 years ago for sure. 

I watched Nique talk with Oakley about eating better.  It was inspiring.   Now Nique in the diabetic commercials was kind of cheesy..  but him actually talking about cooking was interesting.   I kid about the Pinot noir... but I can see him with Humus, Cabbage, brussel sprouts and roasted carrots.   Maybe saying no to the pita chips. 

No way would he eat a hamburger with Mac and Cheese in the sandwich.

• Like 2

Just now, Diesel said:

I kid about the Pinot noir... but I can see him with Humus, Cabbage, brussel sprouts and roasted carrots.   Maybe saying no to the pita chips. 

Ya that stuff wildly popular here in Cali too where people all trying to get beautiful. 

• Premium Member

Trae gave us Superstar vibes last night. 

Steve Nash has had 2 40+ games in his career.

Jason Kidd has had 2 40+ games in his career. 

Chris Paul has 8 40+ games in his career.

Isiah Thomas has had 10 40+ games in his career. 

Trae Young has 24 40+ games in 4 years...

He just passed Kyrie Irving...

Now, he's a long way from Kobe, Lebron, James Harden, and MJ... but he's only 4 years in...  Plus he plays PG... Other PGs don't match up...  You know John Stockton doesn't have a 40+ point game?

You take a guy like Iverson who had 49 40+ games and look at his assists... 5627...  16 years..

Then you look at Trae... 24 40+ games and look at his assists... 2387... 4 years...

Trae will easily be one of the top 100 players of all time if he keeps this up. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Trae gave us Superstar vibes last night. 

Last night? He’s been giving me shivers since draft night. Something about a kid showing up in shorts 🩳 like that at the draft. 

I mean, I get the draft swag and all but he had that IT factor.

I was going down with the ship 🚢 whether Trae was the one or not.

You all are lucky you got me back from Dan Dickau. I thought he was our Stockton for the next 10-15 years. :indifferent: #zagthang 🤷 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dan Dickau...  What about Matt Maloney?  Rumeal Robinson?  Enis Whatley?  Come on Spud.. we have had some good ones.

I joke..

However, I really think that we don't appreciate Trae Enough. 

Trae is not a Longevity Superstar. 

There are guys who you will see their superstardom near the end of their career because they have built a very good career over time.  That's not Trae.  Trae came out of the gate white hot.  I can't believe the contempt he gets on a daily... right here with fans who are supposed to be above , in knowledge, other basketball fans.   

The funny thing is that the kids know to idolize Trae.. but all of us who have been waiting for this team to have a draft pick that means something totally miss the fact that we have drafted probably the best player in the history of this franchise. 

It's hard to get Atlanta Fans to appreciate.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Final_quest said:

After last night I think we’ll see more teams use that strategy on Trae.  We need to come up with a blitz breaker or everyone will take the ball from Trae.  It really shouldn’t be that hard.  

I think we have a few plays to break the press.

I'm concerned about our wings though.   You give the ball to Hunter and he's liable to lose it.. and Kev seems to get offensive fouls..  And Bogi did it again last night.. put up hero shots with the offense not even being set.

I can't believe that we're going to 9 man and are going to put Delon out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

After last night I think we’ll see more teams use that strategy on Trae.  We need to come up with a blitz breaker or everyone will take the ball from Trae.  It really shouldn’t be that hard.  

...but we've been seeing this even during the tank years and last years playoffs: teams doubling Trae on the backcourt to force him to give up the ball....that's why it fustrates me to no end when we look so inept when this happens. 

What is the play call besides waiting for Trae to get free to get the ball back to run a playwasting valuable seconds - we should have a 4/3 player advantage- GET THE BALL IN THE PAINT AND TO THE FRONT OF THE RIM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...but we've been seeing this even during the tank years and last years playoffs: teams doubling Trae on the backcourt to force him to give up the ball....that's why it fustrates me to no end when we look so inept when this happens. 

What is the play call besides waiting for Trae to get free to get the ball back to run a playwasting valuable seconds - we should have a 4/3 player advantage- GET THE BALL IN THE PAINT AND TO THE FRONT OF THE RIM.

Having JC or Gallo is critical. You gotta be able to move into pockets. Bogi was doing well at this as well but was bricking open shots

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Basically all this.  Also, want to hear something funny?  Indiana seems to think Haliburton single-handedly shut Trae down in the 2nd half.  Smh.

I guess he was double-teaming and trapping him ... alone?  Weird.

Naw. Anytime Trae had a 1v1 with Haliburton, he raped him. All night long. They started them full court traps in the 3rd quarter 

• Like 2