• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: heat at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Travis better upgrade JC and Capela or I know this team won't be shit next year. 

Travis need to add another scorer. These traps on trae has exposed this offense and the other starters …no one outside of Trae can break down a one on one matchup consistently. No one outside of Trae can penetrate the lane consistently.

heat pretty much said ok Trae we will give you your respect and they allowed everyone else to go one on one or hell left guys open on purpose.

I don’t think that’s a down fall of the offense necessarily by itself but that we don’t have enough talent despite what that 2nd offense ranking says 

• Like 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae 

Bogi

PJ Tucker

Collins 

Capela

Tha's who we're rolling with?

Collins too small and Capela not good enough for the type of offense we need from him with the coverages our guards and Trae in particular see. 

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae 

Bogi

PJ Tucker

Collins 

Capela

Tha's who we're rolling with?

Rebuild City.  One more time.  I was just kidding about PJ Tucker, I just thought it met the qualifications that were being called for.

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't agree on the wings. They don't get enough touches and the cost of wings is expensive. I would rather downgrade from Hunter for a better big wing fit.

Bigs, I would overpay for Gobert, Ayton, KAT, and AD. I am even starting to consider Randle but his style of play just doesn't fit and mental temperament is poor. We can't do it with JC. I know this ain't the series to evaluate him so I am not but I can't rock with JC on a team with Trae. Too small. We gotta upgrade at PF and C. 

Agreed..Who's trading for that 125 million$ contract though? He isnt worth 25 mill a year imo.......He cant dribble or pass or switch on defense..... JC has been propped up by Atlanta media..They were really calling him a number 2 guy...Yeah right..He's just not that impactful for us..Im sorry.. He comes back in the starting 5, and our offense goes to shit.Coincidence? We wouldve got swept if Nate wouldve played him Huerter and Dre in the 4th qtr Friday(dont get me started with Huerter or Dre soft asses)... Dre out there stat padding when the game was out of hand.. Man please...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Travis need to add another scorer. These traps on trae has exposed this offense and the other starters …no one outside of Trae can break down a one on one matchup consistently. No one outside of Trae can penetrate the lane consistently.

heat pretty much said ok Trae we will give you your respect and they allowed everyone else to go one on one or hell left guys open on purpose.

I don’t think that’s a down fall of the offense necessarily by itself but that we don’t have enough talent despite what that 2nd offense ranking says 

A lot of teams will struggle when you sell out to the perimeter. This is why your bigs gotta be able to handle mismatches and win their matchup. 

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Agreed..Who's trading for that 125 million$ contract though? He isnt worth 25 mill a year imo.......He cant dribble or pass... JC has been propped up by Atlanta media..They were really calling him a number 2 guy...Yeah right...He's just not that impactful for us..Im sorry.. He comes back in the starting 5, and our offense goes to shit.Coincidence? We wouldve go swept if Nate wouldve played him Huerter  and Dre in the 4th qtr Friday(dont get me started with Huerter or Dre soft asses)... Dre out there stat padding when the game was out of hand.. Man please...

JC is versatile as hell. When healthy, can play the PnR, PnP, switch, communicate, has great range, elite movement skills and can defend at a good level. You underrating him because he's hurt right now so you probably forgot about what he does well. JC is worth his contract. He's just too small even when he was healthy. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Collins has been on the team long enough to judge him. He is dog crap and has played like a player past his prime all season even though he is techinally still young.

He's an Atlanta media darling.. smh

• Premium Member

This was a break up a team level of effort in a playoff game. I don't want to use up the profanity filter for how I feel about this using the words I want to use.

To speak about the team's future: they have to bring in another star player. I don't care what the cost is. This series exposed the Hawks so badly going forwards. Trae can't carry a team on his back against a good defensive team. No one player can do it. JORDAN could not do it. We need another star player so when teams double Trae that other player can get easy buckets and punish a team.

The closest we have on our roster to that is Bogi and I love that dude but he ain't no star.

• Sad 1

No excuses today nobody showed up. Big time letdown. I just don’t understand why the ball stopped in the middle of the 2nd Q. 

Were we afraid to run them out so they ran us out? :blanky:

We didn’t play Hawk basketball today and they got us. We gotta play better simple as that.

• Like 4