• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: heat at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

As much as I hate to trade Okongwu, he's literally our best trade value. Hunter is 4th. Capela 2nd. JC 3rd. Kev 5th. Bogi 6th. Gallo 7th. 

To me, we package Collins/Okongwu to land one of the big 4. 

We also package Capela/Hunter to land one of the big 4. 

Big 4 guys: 

1. Ayton

2. Gobert

3. Siakam

4. AD

I don't have any incite that Siakam is available. Just check to see if the offer could interest them. I have good sources that 1, 2, and 4 should and will likely be available for trade. 

We also need to look into a trade with OKC for Kenrich Williams using Gallo and willing to trade our 2nd round pick. 

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

What is very clear to me and has been for at least two seasons now is that our front office must put the best team around Trae Young that maximizes what he does and just as importantly hides his flaws as much as possible.

We don't need best player at a draft pick or trade target/free agent etc. We need the best player to fit WITH Trae Young. The schemes we run on offense and defense have to be the best FOR Trae Young. 

Anything in the front office thinking that does not adhere to what I posted above is doomed to failure. 

Not gonna be easy...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

Not going to read through all the overreacting and the day I told you such and such was terrible. This was a bad loss and the season will probably  end on Tuesday. Travis will need to access what this team needs. 

Its overreacting when we lose and play like dog shit(most of the reg season and the entire postseason almost), but it's I told you so win we barely sqeak out a win... smh...

Edited by terrell

We had doubts.  Now we don't.  Now we know who we are.  Last night proved it to all of us.  Some of us, including your's truly, imagined that we really didn't deserve to be so low in the standings in the regular standings.  Oops!  Yes, we did.  Last night pointed out to us as nothing else could, the Atlanta Hawks are exactly who the standings said we are.

Hawks got their starting center back.  Everything was coming up roses.  For one quarter everything looked so fine.  Then reality hit us squarely between the eyes.  Now we have no doubt.  We are truly a 10th place team and really have no business in the playoffs.

Our run is over.  We must go on the road for one more game to make it official.  

😪

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

On a lighter note, support this young lady's channel.  Looks like she's an avid Hawks fan and her first few basketball vlogs about the Hawks have been pretty good from a fan perspective. She's just starting out, so she has low subscribers. But she could literally be the next Taylor Rooks or Ashley Nicole Moss.  We need more big time Hawks fans on Youtube giving us content.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

The team could lose by 50 and some would say "Don't overreact, it's only one game".

This team is a bad team. They pulled out a 1 point win to avoid a sweep, but have been mostly terrible over the 4 games.

They are mid. Not bad but when they play bad, it's legit bad Basketball. The definition of low floor. The high ceiling part is why people get fooled with this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Trae has 24 assists and 24 turnovers in the PLAYOFFS.. Not to mention horrible FG and 3pt% and bad defense... Good Lord..

Hawks arent winning anything if he plays like this regardless of how the Wangs or Bigs play..

But he would play like this if the bigs can force pressure and create for themselves and create for others. 

Edited by NBASupes

In the Bay Area they talk about how Steph has gained 15 lbs of muscle and has improved on defense.  If Golden State can ask Steph a much more accomplished player than Trae to make changes for the team I don't understand  why we can't ask Trae to do the same. A point guard has to make changes and sacrifices for the team. The HAWKS were able to win vs the Heat by pushing the ball, passing and opening the court.  They were too easy to defend when Trae was pounding the pill. Also his teammates are better when playing with pace and space. A good point guard has to read this and pick when to take over games. It is not about how many points and assist Trae gets it's about how  and when he gets them.  It doesn't have to be all about Trae. Although we need  personnel  upgrades Trae will have to learn how to trust his teammates.  He can't do this by himself.  Too many examples of high scoring point guards who had great stats but never won anything 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Its overreacting when we lose and play like dog shit(most of the reg season and the entire postseason almost), but it's I told you so win we barely sqeak out a win... smh...

Yeah because unlike you, I'm not using this to project the rest of a player's career. If you focused on the moment its fine, but the this player will suck forever talk is what I don't agree with.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

But he would play like this if the bigs can force pressure and create for themselves and create for others. 

I hope at some point we stop blaming other for Trae's failures. The stats are what they are in the playoffs. You can't elevate his regular season stats while discounting his playoff stats. Players are responsible for their own limitations and poor decision not others.  We have a lot to work on this off season. Let's hope everyone learns from this experience including the coaching staff.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah because unlike you, I'm not using this to project the rest of a player's career. If you focused on the moment its fine, but the this player will suck forever talk is what I don't agree with.

This is a very important point that is missed by 90% of the participants on this forum!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Look, I'm happy the Hawks got to the playoffs, but its embarrassing how the Heat are Dominating us... Travis Schlenk has a lot of work to do in the off-season. ALOT...... He is going to have to trade away some of these players and picks somehow(JC, Hunter,Huerter especially) for a veteran or two. He made Nate McMillan the new head coach and he won't play young players. So no point in drafting someone else that is just going to sit in the G League for two or three years. As of right now this team probably won't even be able to make the play in tournament next year because other teams are going to get better while the Hawks more than likely stay the same. Im already hearing the injuries excuse again...One day Trae is talking about loving the "chess game", the next he's talking about his ankle..smh..Hawks werent beating Miami fully healthy so STOP IT...This team is too inconsistent..I mean Miami lost their PG and still blew us out..AT HOME. Travis wants to build through the draft while Nate only wants veteran players.  So You have a coach that can't/wont groom young players and a GM that wants to continue infusing the team with young "talent" that dont even fit around his flawed PG...The Hawks made a huge mistake giving Nate McMillan a 4 yr deal...This team is only going to get worse imo..Unless MAJOR changes are made..(2 or 3 new starters) TBH, I think Travis AND Nate needs to go.. They dont fit either. Like most of the pieces on this team.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I've never seen so many missed shots by so many guys.  but also Miami attempted 17 more shots for the game.  That's just crazy.  

Re-watched and we didn't play that horribly until the fourth really.  or end of third.  we just couldn't throw it in the ocean and Trae didn't play with any aggressiveness in the second half.  He looked gassed. 

Last night wasn't great but I'm not going to be embarrassed by it.   We're the 8th seed.  We are seriously banged up.  We've had an inconsistent year.   We all wanted to have a magic run but it was always super unlikely especially without JC and Capela to start the series. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

We had doubts.  Now we don't.  Now we know who we are.  Last night proved it to all of us.  Some of us, including your's truly, imagined that we really didn't deserve to be so low in the standings in the regular standings.  Oops!  Yes, we did.  Last night pointed out to us as nothing else could, the Atlanta Hawks are exactly who the standings said we are.

Hawks got their starting center back.  Everything was coming up roses.  For one quarter everything looked so fine.  Then reality hit us squarely between the eyes.  Now we have no doubt.  We are truly a 10th place team and really have no business in the playoffs.

Our run is over.  We must go on the road for one more game to make it official.  

😪

Basketball is about matchups.  This will forever be.  We pulled a bad matchup because of the way that they play.  Yet, it makes us question ourselves and want to reinvent the whole team.  The next few moves are critical.  For reference, we have seen this before.  We have seen us win 60 games.. lose in the playoffs and then start to dismantle the team because we didn't matchup well against Lebron.   Remember, we need to bring Dennis up because he runs faster than Teague.    Remember, we shouldn't keep DMC.    Then we lost Al Horford.  We brought up Kent Bazemore, THJr, and we went out and got Dwight Howard. 

And the whole time, the experts on the board were talking about how a team with no Stars could win.  When we had done it. 

Now, this series ain't over yet... I think we may make one more push..  But if we do lose game 5,  the next moves are crucial. Not something to be passed about with just theories.   We can't base everything we do on Miami.  Because Basketball is about matchups. 

• Like 2

Still have seen very little on the injury front for Trae, he knocked knees with vincent, and did nothing afterwards, it was early so saying he didnt do much before doesnt hold a ton of water, but it just looked like he took a back seat, he wasnt bringing the ball up etc.