• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

51 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Mostly surface level analysis if we're being honest. Too many long bombs, bad defense, and turnovers.

What Trae can really do to improve the offense is stop reseting the flow other guys create and give the ball up quicker when he can't get something. He gets in the way of Deandre, Aaron and Jalen by always coming back for the ball instead of playing off of them.

I think it's growing pains and he'll be better as the season progresses.

Skip Bayless was born and raised in Oklahoma.  If ANYBODY wants Trae to be good its Skip Bayless.  Skip Bayless is being genuine.  He is telling the truth about this.  He doesn't lke Westbrick or Harden either.  He is spot on in what a efficient point guard is supposed to be about.  Leading the nation in turnovers in college at point guard is not being efficient in Bayless's opinion.

Edited by Hawkmoor

15 hours ago, benhillboy said:

You can’t make this sh%t up.  Kevin had a grand total of 3 dunks in 74 games last season.  DJM got 3 in one. WTF.

It’s always been very important for me that your off guard get his proper dunks in whether they be dribble drive, break away, or alley oop.  He’s gonna provide exponentially more energy for the team than Kev did.

I might flip in my chair when Trae lobs it and he one hands it.

You might flip 2 chairs if DJM is the one tossing the lob to Trae.  That's when you'll know that we're truly feeling ourselves as a great team.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Skip Bayless was born and raised in Oklahoma.  If ANYBODY wants Trae to be good its Skip Bayless.  Skip Bayless is being genuine.  He is telling the truth about this.  He doesn't lke Westbrick or Harden either.  He is spot on in what a efficient point guard is supposed to be about.

I don't know the guy so I can't say how he truly feels, but based on how he covers sports I can assume that he doesn't hate Trae, but is disinterested to the point that he doesn't do research so he just spouts basic talking points.

He runs a debate show that is unapologetic sensationalism and has contributed to the devolution of sports conversation. I don't really care about his opinion honestly.

He proved he either doesn't know much or doesn't actually study the sport he covers when Marc Cuban embarrassed him on live television. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

More observations....

- Sure these 2 wins are against teams nit expected to be good but shiiiiii ... at the end of the year they don't ask you how, they ask you how many.

Usually seeding comes down to 1-2 games.  Glad we won't be looking back telling ourselves 'man I wish we woulda beat HOU and ORL ...'

- Not impressed with Jalen Suggs.  Not that great and always hurt.  Bad combination especially when the backup plan is that former #1 pick who's name I literally can't remember rn.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Loved that dude almost became a Chiefs fan because of him. It was him and D Thomas with the chiefs, Rod Woodson and the Steelers, Deion and the Falcons or Junior Seau and the Chargers.

I went Barry Sanders and the Lions 🦁..

I still have Barry Sanders Score rookie card.  He's one of the only guys I still watch highlights on YouTube.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Skip Bayless is being genuine.  

That's about as asinine as calling Trump genuine. Bayless is paid to stir up controversy, bottom line. And that's the only reason he ever says anything ever. Pretty much the antithesis of "being genuine."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why do you guys still listen to ESPN? Who cares what Skip thinks?

He doesn't know anything.

One of the best things I've seen so far is that Collins looks to be motivated.

Him becoming a 3rd option doesn't have to be bad. He is an effecient offensive player that can be even more effective than before.

He has almost no pressure on him. This is the perfect kind of role for him in that he can play that free flowing game.

He can sort of be like Chris Bosh was Miami years ago, but more effecient.

Which is kind of what I was saying after the Murray trade.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AtLaS said:

I can agree with Skip on too many long bombs and bad defense.  

But his turnovers argument he makes about Trae is one of the worst takes ever.  Shannon just doesn't have the bball knowledge to challenge him on it.  Hawks had the #2 offense in the NBA, while also being the 2nd lowest in turnovers, and 4th in A/TO ratio.  That is ridiculously good.  Team turnovers is much more important than looking at one individual who has the ball in his hands constantly.  Trae is extremely efficient.  Skip doesn't understand that.  If Trae gives up the ball more, the other players turnovers would increase. 

Scenario 1 - Trae has the ball and averages 5 turnovers per game and everyone else on the team averages 1.   

Scenario 2 - Trae gives up the ball more and only averages 3 turnovers while the rest of the team averages 2. 

I'll take the first scenario.  We want the ball in his hands.  Before this season we didn't really have another option.  We do now with Murray though.

And it's not just the amount of turnovers with Trae.  It's what the turnovers lead to. 

Turnovers that lead directly to points, are bad.  Turnovers because he's trying to make a play, I can live with, because he makes so many positive plays with the ball in his hands.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Me too.  He is balling though it's just his shot isn't falling.  I'm sure it will.  Early season jitters plus pressure now that you have a new all-star teammate.  

No way we stay in the top 3 on D (we've only played Houston and Orlando, at home) but I feel like we can finish in the top 15.  If that happens we are a contender.  This offense will finish in the top 5 IMO.

In all fairness, we got nothing but plus defenders or good defenders but Trae and Bogi

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 10/22/2022 at 1:00 PM, NBASupes said:

Wenby is fluid, Bol is not. 

Wemby can really shoot. Bol shoots okay for his height

Wemby a way better defender

Wemby has way higher BBIQ

Wemby is a lot more skilled. 

Wemby has a better frame. 

Wemby is just a lot better. Wemby is like a movement shooter who can do everything Kevin Garnett can do. He's a cheat code. Bol has skills especially for his size but it's hard to really use him in today's NBA for longer than spurts like Bobi. Wemby is a franchise game changing piece. 

Just saying…. This is against real nba players. 

7 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Just saying…. This is against real nba players. 

I never said Bol sucks. I said this is like comparing LeBron to Josh Smith. Josh was good but he wasn't LeBron

Edited by NBASupes