• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All about Defense@ the question is can we bottle this performance or at least some level of consistency. (Love these breakdowns)

Posting all these clips with "Trae" playing defense(sic)?  Smh. We can see through this misinformation campaign, burd.

Seriously though, how can folks see what guys like CJ, Zion, and Valunc are doing defensively and say Trae is 'far and away' the worst defender in the league?

He's not great but there's a LOT of bad individual defense being played by a LOT of guys that don't have the size excuse.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

The team FT shooting is now clearly helping win games.  Since when the hell did a team shooting .818 come in at 5th place overall?!?? It’s a damn FT renaissance going on or some shit Bigs are killing it.

We're still not so smart with it.   With 5+ Minutes in the third, the Pels went into the penalty.   Trae was the only one bright enough to start attacking inside.  It was automatic.. as soon as Trae got the ball, he was heading inside to draw a foul.   Hunter got the ball and put up a damn three.  WTH...Hunter. 

Our BBIQ is sometimy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Is there any concern about Trae's shooting numbers? 38% from the field and 30.5% from three.  We are 9 games in now. 

Nope. We have a much larger sample size of him shooting much better. When we first got Gallo and Bogi, he struggled about 20 games before turning it around and then fully turned it around in the second half. 

I think it just takes him time to get adjusted to alot of new teammates and the best places to get his shot and best time to get others involved.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s funny you say this, I’m a huuuge lions fan and I was saying it would be hilarious if my NBA and NFL team were both led by QB’s Young. :yes: ❤️ 

i'm worried about small qb's like him, after that tua hit, tua got slung like a ragdoll. he looked like something out of darksouls.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Only saw bits and pieces but I did see Trae abusing Zion late.  He needs to throw cross court passes as much as possible they’re so damn perfect.

If I’m coaching the Pelicans with Alvarado and Jones (sophomore slumping to my surprise) those lazy switches would never happen.  I’m guessing they were the ones who held him to poor shooting until late.

I had a feeling Clint would come to play versus Valencunas.  That missed breakaway layup by Nance was so costly and hilarious.

What can you say about DJ.  Pure gamer but that 1-8 from three is ugly.

Luckily the Pels were on a cross country B2B as they’re much bigger than the Hawks.  Their average starter  is 6’7” 227, Hawks like 6’6 206.  The fatigue clearly showed in some of their horrible attempts.  Usually Tre Murphy plays 32 minutes and hits three threes.  Tonight only 17 minutes and 0-fer.

2 quality wins in a row let’s get it going.

Trae throws that pass all the time.  It's just that people miss the shot.

If John would've gotten hit shot blocked, people would be complaining why Trae held the ball so long and why he even passed it to John ( a 22% 3 point shooter before last night )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

i hope falcons draft him in 2024

My high school plays in the Smoky Mountain Conference.  So does Cherokee.  Several years ago the Cherokee Indians team had a 485 pound freshman on their team!  That was the only season I saw him and I don't know what happened to him.

:smug:

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Is there any concern about Trae's shooting numbers? 38% from the field and 30.5% from three.  We are 9 games in now. 

No concern at the moment, it's only 9 games. 

If my math is correct, he was 40% from the field and 25% from 3 after 9 games last year.

Ask again after game #21 when we are at the quarter mark.

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae throws that pass all the time.  It's just that people miss the shot.

If John would've gotten hit shot blocked, people would be complaining why Trae held the ball so long and why he even passed it to John ( a 22% 3 point shooter before last night )

I see it totally different.  If pass types were tracked I think I’d be right.  I’d even guess the percentage of those catch and shoot opportunities was above average but we just harp on the misses.  I know the frequency is low because he never throws them two handed overhead, something most all other elite passers with size do often.

And I loved the shot, make or miss.  John is shooting .364 from the corner pocket.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I see it totally different.  If pass types were tracked I think I’d be right.  I’d even guess the percentage of those catch and shoot opportunities was above average but we just harp on the misses.  I know the frequency is low because he never throws them two handed overhead, something most all other elite passers with size do often.

And I loved the shot, make or miss.  John is shooting .364 from the corner pocket.

I'm ok with JC taking the shot, and even happier that he made it, but before this game he was 1-19 on 3ptrs in his last 6 games. So that 36% was from his 1st 2 games when he was 5 of 6.

Not pretty.Screenshot_20221106_125300_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's hard to get DJ minutes down when we have a 9 man rotation and he's too damn productive. When Bogi is back and we are back to a 10 man rotation, I believe we can get DJ to 34 mpg

True, I’m just not that excited about Bogi returning.  He always has an injury adjustment period that can be used as an excuse for poor shooting and the defense is always wishy washy.  He better be scorching out the gate and cutting to the basket.

43 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

i'm worried about small qb's like him, after that tua hit, tua got slung like a ragdoll. he looked like something out of darksouls.

Ya agreed, that was a scary hit. Football 🏈 is a pretty mid evil type violent sport lol.