• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Cam and Hueter are balling right now which makes Hunter/JC deals look even worse..

Dre and JC just be out there running around on most nights...

Hawks have a flawed roster.

We came ready to play, just don’t have the weapons. Brought a knife to a gun fight…

Thanks Schlenk..

Cam balling is a bit of a stretch, but I'm not sure he isn't better than Hunter. If Hunter is not scoring 20 plus or getting to the line he's a net negative out there. He gives you NOTHING on offense outside of points, no offensive rebounding, no assists or even hockey assists. His defense is solid but not that great and he gets taken advantage of by quicker players. When he is matched up with someone his same size he is great, but outside of that he isn't. 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Collins is not a natural stretch 4, so expecting him to be that is unrealistic. He's a rhythm 3pt shooter. Standing waiting for 3s I'm not a fan of.

Yes he is struggling from 3, but so is the entire team.

Before tonight, we were already worst home shooting % from 3 in all of NBA. We extended our margin of worst by a big chunk tonight. Tonight makes me think we’re a play-in team once again.

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Cam balling is a bit of a stretch, but I'm not sure he isn't better than Hunter. If Hunter is not scoring 20 plus or getting to the line he's a net negative out there. He gives you NOTHING on offense outside of points, no offensive rebounding, no assists or even hockey assists. His defense is solid but not that great and he gets taken advantage of by quicker players. When he is matched up with someone his same size he is great, but outside of that he isn't. 

Cam has been playing welll since in starting lineup... Cam and Huerter are younger than Dre. Dre might be maxed out as a player. he was in college for 4 years..

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Just give the reigns to Landry see what he can do.. Ive seen enough of Travis team building..

Sigh.

Landy Fields was promoted to GM effective July 1st (announcement was made June 13). The Huerter trade occurred July 6th, so it's under Fields perview.

Can't have it both ways, but then again, what's new.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Before tonight, we were already worst home shooting % from 3 in all of NBA. We extended our margin of worst by a big chunk tonight. Tonight makes me think we’re a play-in team once again.

Teams are getting blown out often this year. There's a lot of talented teams that can get hot and a lot of parity. Hawks still trying to mesh, I'm not making judgements based on one game when we are 9-6 on the year despite terrible shooting. What would our record have been last year if we had been dead last in shooting? The shooting will get better. Trae, Collins, Justin Holiday aren't going to have the worst three points shooting seasons of their career. Bogi will help. We've seen what AJ can do when he gets hot. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Hunter couldn't bottle his Bucks game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Y'all, we're 9-6 and still 4th in the East. We may have flaws but the season isn't over yet.

Agreed but I dont see a top team in the East.. We're too flawed..Hope Im wrong...If Trae isnt going for 40, who do we turn to? Bunch of Jags on this roster..

• Premium Member

Cam has been playing welll since in starting lineup... Cam and Huerter are younger than Dre. Dre might be maxed out as a player. he was in college for 4 years..

Cam has had two good games in a row. He will have several abysmal games in a row at some point. It's what he is. A wildly inconsistant shooter and player. inconsistent

• Thanks 1

Looks like the "Tank for Wemby" crew is up and running.  For Gosh sakes, we are still leading in the SE Division and 4th in the conference, and we are whinnying about this.

When teams hit 3 points like they were, there was no way to win from that.  On to the next game!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh.

Landy Fields was promoted to GM effective July 1st (announcement was made June 13). The Huerter trade occurred July 6th, so it's under Fields perview.

Not just the Huerter trade.. Schlenk has been here for years.. Team is Still flawed as hell. 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh.

Well Id like to start over completely, but Im sure theyl give Fields a chance 1st..

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

What would our record have been last year if we had been dead last in shooting?

With hot shooting last year, we were 6-9 after 15 games. Our defense this year has won us games. I'm ok with the defense while we work out the kinks on offense. I'm still not a fan of Nate's offense.

• Like 2

15 games into the season we are 9-6 and notoriously a team that starts slow. This is the toughest part of our schedule and we just need to keep our heads above water.

The offense was Putrid. The Hawks missed their open shots and the Celtics made theirs. That was the difference.

We are still a good team folks. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Cam and Hueter are balling right now which makes Hunter/JC deals look even worse..

Dre and JC just be out there running around on most nights...

Hawks have a flawed roster.

We came ready to play, just don’t have the weapons. Brought a knife to a gun fight…

Thanks Schlenk..

Thanks Schlenk.. smh

Just give the reigns to Landry see what he can do.. Ive seen enough of Travis team building..

Cam is avg fewer pts on worse shooting than JC and Dre. Try again 

Huerter would be useful for sure, but his overall impact is not significantly greater than Dre or JC. Just different and certainly what we need right now. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Cam has had two good games in a row. He will have several abysmal games in a row at some point. It's what he is. A wildly inconsistant shooter and player. inconsistent

This was the problem with ALL of our wings including Huerter - CONSISTENTLY INCONSISTENT!

• Like 3