• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

And I'm not saying Trae played a flawless game by any stretch of the imagination, but we need more than 11 points and 14 bricks that rocket off the glass from Murray to stand a chance against any team, and his abysmal play puts an incredible amount of preassure on Trae Young to do pretty much absolutely everything because we don't have a single other player that can create offense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

The Cavs guards work way harder off the ball to create opportunities for themselves. Our offense is too stagnant in comparison. Trae & Murray do not need to be always be initiating our offense. We can get them easier looks by involving other players even if it comes at the cost at more turnovers. We improvise way too much because we make ourselves easy to defend.

It was always a pipe dream and lip service when it comes to Trae ever developing off the ball.  I don’t fault him at all either it’s hard af, no one demands any from him, and he got paid for being on it all the damn time anyway.  

As far as the other dude I was skeptical of DJ’s off ball game coming here based on his shot types and offensive rating, and he’s done nothing to ease my doubts.  His movement off the ball to create attack space for his teammates is mediocre, I don’t even expect him to space with his shot threat.  I haven’t seen him set a single solid screen.  And his cut game is all but non-existent.  He should be a cutting machine for Trae but no.  Kevin and Bogi did it seldomly but still more than he.

I’d give him an off ball grade of 3 out of 10 and that’s generous.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Keep AJ in the starting lineup. 

But for Murray not Dre.

Murray can run the 2nd unit with Bogi JJ and OO like the Lakers did with WB for the same reasons.. 

Not enough spacing in the starting 5....smh

I mean did Travis not watch film on this guy before giving up the farm for him? A non shooter doesnt fit beside Trae at all.. Hope he gets his shot fixed.. Trae too.. Good grief....

Edited by terrell

Well that's all she wrote folks. We simply have to get better production beyond the 3 point line with our guards and need some defensive work transition wise also,way too easy for them in that regard. Trae will be alright, he's  a pure shooter and will get back in the groove, but does need to start to gain some confidence back. On to Wednesday versus the Kings.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

And I'm not saying Trae played a flawless game by any stretch of the imagination, but we need more than 11 points and 14 bricks that rocket off the glass from Murray to stand a chance against any team, and his abysmal play puts an incredible amount of preassure on Trae Young to do pretty much absolutely everything because we don't have a single other player that can create offense. 

Agreed Murray did not help Trae tonight. This is probably Murray’s worse game as a hawk 

I am starting to think if you can shut down the Capela lob, that Trae struggles unless his 3 ball is on. He doesn’t have a very diverse game. He relies on oops, 3s and floaters to much. He didn’t even attempt a mind range shot today or anything else.

Garland, and Mitchell mixed up there shot selection. you don’t see that front Trae.

• Haha 1