• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Aaron Holiday - Justin Holiday and Murray were a combined 5-26 for 14 points. 14 points on 26 shots from all of our guards not named Trae Young. 

Hunter was missed this game. 

Bogi's going to solve so many of our problems when he returns and if he comes back shooting the way he can. 

DJM is struggling right now and I believe a lot of that has to do with the spacing.  Having Bogi, AJ, Hunter, and JC (if tonight's game is a sign of return to form with his shooting) will help Murray get back into the flow of things.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Aaron Holiday - Justin Holiday and Murray were a combined 5-26 for 14 points. 14 points on 26 shots from all of our guards not named Trae Young. 

......and we were still in the game until the bogus clear path foul.  We just need to put it all together.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

The "Hawks" minus Trae were 10 for 27 from 3 around 37% which above the league average.

I get the point you are trying to make, but Trae played a decent game. He just didn't hit his threes. 

DJM is struggling and Justin Holiday has never been able to shoot when he wears a Hawk Uniform.  

I'm glad AJ is taking his place in the rotation. 

We really missed what Hunter brings on both ends tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, benhillboy said:

Huge hole in Clint’s game too where he has to clog up the paint blocking cutting lanes while not being able to make a decent find from the elbow.  

I’m generally against small ball but it does open up the cut game very well.  It’s not even coaching too tough in-game IMO it’s as simple as just cutting behind your man as soon as he ball watches.  Obviously they’re not doing that in practice so that’s all on Nate.  You’d think the worst shooting three point shooting team in the league would scheme up some easy lay ups but naw.

Griffin did it tonight. 

I think it's just some guys are set in their ways.  Like I said. I wish all our players played like him on offense.  He makes the right reads, passes and doesn't take selfish shots.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

What did Capela do tonight to play more then OO , and what did the Holidays do to play more than Jalen?

And John Collins didn’t grab 1 defensive rebound all game. Not 1. Wow. Other than those made 3’s he did nothing.

Cavs were on a back to back and outworked us..

The Cavs only had 3 offensive rebounds... Do you want Collins to outrebound his teammates? Our bigs played well enough tonight. We however can't have Murray playing as awful as he did tonight. Just one of those games.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

What did Capela do tonight to play more then OO , and what did the Holidays do to play more than Jalen?

And John Collins didn’t grab 1 defensive rebound all game. Not 1. Wow. Other than those made 3’s he did nothing.

Rebounding was not an issue tonight.  Cavs shot 60%, they missed 28 shots the entire game. Collins didn't grab rebounds because Capella and Okonguw snatched up 20 defensive rebounds and 5 offensive rebounds in a game where there was 35 total rebounds for the Hawks. Hawks actually outrebounded the Cavs 10-3 in the offensive glass so it's not like the Hawks were giving up second chances or failing to generate them. Collins has been rebounding solidly this year and his numbers are not bad considering he plays most of his minutes next to Clint who has been on a ridiculous stretch of rebounding. 9 per 36 minuts for Collins and 16 per 36 for Clint and FYI Okonguw also eating ug up boards at 10.5 per 36. That's fantastic production from those guys collectively. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, terrell said:

Cavs were on a back to back and outworked us..

This is such a bad take.  I guess blocks and steals don't count

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We lost this game in the 1st quarter playing like rubbish on defense giving up 38 points. We do this too often then have to battle back.

We didn't play like rubbish though.  The  Cavs were just hitting everything.  You have some nights like that. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae can't make players cut to the basket or move. 

It's all Nate's philosophy.

Lemme explain...

Sometimes Trae gets caught up in the two man game.   When the team sees that you're opting for the 1-5 PNR, what's their motivation to move from place to place.   Or when the team sees that in the 1-5 PNR, there's no out to the other players, what's their motivation to be part of the play.

I noticed this when we picked up DJM.  For those first few games, when Trae would go out and DJM was in with most of the first team.. Guys were moving.   Anticipation...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1