• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Wasn't he already the villian?

Didn't NY say F  Trae Young before he actually accepted that he's the villian?  Didn't they drop the F bombs and spit on him well before he Bowed?

Hasn't the refs been targetting Trae way before he made it to a playoff game?

Whose Fault?  I dunno. 

He's not very likeable...Players, coaches, and refs.... It is what it is...

Edited by terrell

• Moderators

Trae never wanted to be the villain.  The fact that he is has come directly from the media who wanted him to bust, from guys like Nash and some players who were fine with CP, Steph, Harden getting fouls for throwing themselves into guys but somehow when little Trae did it it was an affront to basketball.  So much so that the league goes out of it's way to stop it.

Trae played with a smile on his face the first 3 years.  He seems to have lost that.   

We don't see this Trae much anymore

200.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=603dc3c65b665775a

c938cf175f6bf1351801e2f34615267b.gif&f=1giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=e4905a522c11aeb

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=35175d44bd5155e

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Trae never wanted to be the villain.  The fact that he is has come directly from the media who wanted him to bust, from guys like Nash and some players who were fine with CP, Steph, Harden getting fouls for throwing themselves into guys but somehow when little Trae did it it was an affront to basketball.  So much so that the league goes out of it's way to stop it.

Trae played with a smile on his face the first 3 years.  He seems to have lost that.   

c938cf175f6bf1351801e2f34615267b.gif&f=1giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=e4905a522c11aeb

They were clowning the Rockets(lost), and then he wore King of Broadway sneakers to the Garden only to get embarrassed again... 

Youll see the clowning when they start winning games.. Or get a big lead.. Guaranteed..

Perhaps He just got humbled..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Um, I was concurring with your statement that his listed height is not accurate.

Oh ok now I understand.  Internet comprehension be shaky sometimes.

Nothing like good ‘ole live speech communication.  I feel like I’m in that commercial where the dude is teaching folks to not become their parents I despise texting so much. 

I’m gonna leave @kg01 and his family a Holiday voicemail.  Maybe even send him a  Jimmy Butler jersey.  The ridiculous city edition one lol.

Don’t worry @Spud2nique your Steph jersey from the mid-2000s era is in the mail already.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Oh ok now I understand.  Internet comprehension be shaky sometimes.

Nothing like good ‘ole live speech communication.  I feel like I’m in that commercial where the dude is teaching folks to not become their parents I despise texting so much. 

I’m gonna leave @kg01 and his family a Holiday voicemail.  Maybe even send him a  Jimmy Butler jersey.  The ridiculous city edition one lol.

Don’t worry @Spud2nique your Steph jersey from the mid-2000s era is in the mail already.

... I hate you.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Just watched the Magic beat the Celtics in Boston.

These guys are not slouches. 

No, no, no, you're doing it wrong.  The Hawks play ORL 4 times and, since the Hawks and Trae and Bogd and Hunter and Collins and all are all trassh, ORL is gonna go 4-78 since ATL is the only team terrible enough to lose to them.

Same with HOU and any other bad team we lose to. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/16/2022 at 12:49 PM, macdaddy said:

I think the villain thing started from the way he used to get to the line. To the purists it was an ugly brand of basketball. But he has adapted to it and thats what great players do. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, kg01 said:

No, no, no, you're doing it wrong.  The Hawks play ORL 4 times and, since the Hawks and Trae and Bogd and Hunter and Collins and all are all trassh, ORL is gonna go 4-78 since ATL is the only team terrible enough to lose to them.

Same with HOU and any other bad team we lose to. 

Im going to be tuned in to tomorrow's game Orl vs. Bos.   The fans in Boston are losing their mind.  Calling out their coach.   Wanting Uke back... mystified on how Orlando out rebounded and out shot them...  Sheezz.. it sounded like Hawksquawk after a lose.   The sky is falling for Boston fans.

But as far as the game, I will give it up for this coach.. I don't know where they found him.  He reminds me of...

Chiwetel Ejiofor - Rotten Tomatoes    Magic officially hire Jamahl Mosley as new head coach – Orlando Sentinel

Everytime I see him, I'm like:  MORDO!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Im going to be tuned in to tomorrow's game Orl vs. Bos.   The fans in Boston are losing their mind.  Calling out their coach.   Wanting Uke back... mystified on how Orlando out rebounded and out shot them...  Sheezz.. it sounded like Hawksquawk after a lose.   The sky is falling for Boston fans.

But as far as the game, I will give it up for this coach.. I don't know where they found him.  He reminds me of...

Chiwetel Ejiofor - Rotten Tomatoes    Magic officially hire Jamahl Mosley as new head coach – Orlando Sentinel

Everytime I see him, I'm like:  MORDO!!!

I'm reminded of the first game vs ORL where we outclassed them.  Only difference was our absences, basically.  And, if you really look at it, out of 8 quarters, we've dominated 7 of them.

If we'd simply lost that terribad 1st quarter, instead of absolutely laying down, we're not even having these 'sky is falling' discussions.  And you're not thinking of praising Coach Mordo who basically was outdone by iRobot for most of these two games.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm reminded of the first game vs ORL where we outclassed them.  Only difference was our absences, basically.  And, if you really look at it, out of 8 quarters, we've dominated 7 of them.

If we'd simply lost that terribad 1st quarter, instead of absolutely laying down, we're not even having these 'sky is falling' discussions.  And you're not thinking of praising Coach Mordo who basically was outdone by iRobot for most of these two games.

Fans Wonder if Mordo Will Finally Make Himself Useful in 'Thunderbolts'   vs.   The Actor Who Plays Sonny In I, Robot Might Surprise You

I kid..

That 50 point qtr is hard to overcome.  However, they have beaten the Raps twice and last night they laid the wood on Boston.     As far as I-robot.. I don't have complaints.   I think all of the slander that his name gets has been addressed this season.   We don't get a continuous offering of the Holidaze?   i-robot has played AJ, JJ, and OO.  He's even thrown Vitt out there.   I think we see why JJ was in the G-League.   We see why Coop was in the G-League.   Ownership has shipped out his better players and he doesn't complain, he just coaches whoever is here.   He probably won't make it through the season but you'll have somebody else to kick around.   I just hope that they are better. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Fans Wonder if Mordo Will Finally Make Himself Useful in 'Thunderbolts'   vs.   The Actor Who Plays Sonny In I, Robot Might Surprise You

I kid..

That 50 point qtr is hard to overcome.  However, they have beaten the Raps twice and last night they laid the wood on Boston.     As far as I-robot.. I don't have complaints.   I think all of the slander that his name gets has been addressed this season.   We don't get a continuous offering of the Holidaze?   i-robot has played AJ, JJ, and OO.  He's even thrown Vitt out there.   I think we see why JJ was in the G-League.   We see why Coop was in the G-League.   Ownership has shipped out his better players and he doesn't complain, he just coaches whoever is here.   He probably won't make it through the season but you'll have somebody else to kick around.   I just hope that they are better. 

Haha, iRobot cannot violate the robot laws.

That's why, when we're strugglin', he still goes to JHol as if he's gonna shoot us out of it.  Instead, all we get is some more junky shootin' and light D.

JJ probably needs to be on a rebuilding team where he can be developed as a Boris Diaw type.  I don't know, just kicking around ideas.  His jumpshot looks like he just started shooting, kinda like OO.  It's like you can see them thinking through every step along the way.  "Ok, set my feet, point my elbow the right way, launch it just so, then..."

Glad OO is making his atleast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha, iRobot cannot violate the robot laws.

That's why, when we're strugglin', he still goes to JHol as if he's gonna shoot us out of it.  Instead, all we get is some more junky shootin' and light D.

JJ probably needs to be on a rebuilding team where he can be developed as a Boris Diaw type.  I don't know, just kicking around ideas.  His jumpshot looks like he just started shooting, kinda like OO.  It's like you can see them thinking through every step along the way.  "Ok, set my feet, point my elbow the right way, launch it just so, then..."

Glad OO is making his atleast. 

I don't disagree with your statement on JJ or OO.   I think we play JHoli because he plays some defense and right now the rotation is ragedy.   Hell Frank is getting time.   However, I do like AHoli.  He has something.  But don't fall into this just because we drafted them they must be good trap.  It's a trap.   Everybody still has to prove themselves.   Even Jholi and Aholi. 

But to address your feelings on JHoli...  For the month of Dec, he has played in 5 games. 79 minutes.  In that same time, Culver has played in 7 game 104 minutes.     In that Same time Trent has played in 5 games 134 minutes.   JHoli is not the first person that Nate is reaching for... He probably only played because Trent had concussion protocol.   I would be surprised to see JHoli hit the floor for anything other than Garbage time. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I would be surprised to see JHoli hit the floor for anything other than Garbage time. 

We'll see.  Your minutes distribution numbers are sterile, imho, and don't necessarily capture what I'm talking about.

What I'm saying is, when we're reeling .... which is arguably every game but I digress since that goes against my point .... that's when you see JHol suddenly in the game.  As if he's gonna help pull us out of it.

I don't dispute your numbers though.  I also hear your point w.r.t. our draftees.  We want 'em to pan out but it don't always go that way. 

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't disagree with your statement on JJ or OO.   I think we play JHoli because he plays some defense and right now the rotation is ragedy.   Hell Frank is getting time.   However, I do like AHoli.  He has something.  But don't fall into this just because we drafted them they must be good trap.  It's a trap.   Everybody still has to prove themselves.   Even Jholi and Aholi. 

But to address your feelings on JHoli...  For the month of Dec, he has played in 5 games. 79 minutes.  In that same time, Culver has played in 7 game 104 minutes.     In that Same time Trent has played in 5 games 134 minutes.   JHoli is not the first person that Nate is reaching for... He probably only played because Trent had concussion protocol.   I would be surprised to see JHoli hit the floor for anything other than Garbage time. 

JHol missed 3 games due to Covid though.

• Premium Member

Magic officially hire Jamahl Mosley as new head coach – Orlando Sentinel

Mordo did it again!!!

That's two wins over Boston in Boston.  This win was more .. i don't how to state it but it just looked like they were the better team.   Even in the end, Boston had a chance to win it and it just didn't look like Boston could.   We see them tomorrow.   These guys are not tired enough.   We will have our hands full. 

• Like 1