• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Trail Blazers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I liked the Quinn rotations this game. I have zero problems with Trae and Murray alternating more instead of sharing the backcourt together so much. With the current personnel, I think it makes sense and improves our defense lineups as Murray is MUCH better guarding the PG spot than he is guarding the wing. Interesting to see if this is just a situational thing or if it becomes the trend.

This....

Wind storm from hell rips through TN, and I've had no power going on 7 hrs.

I followed the play by play on my phone and see that Murray had the game of his life.  Congrats to him.

And look at what happens when you play Jalen Johnson. You get defensive activity, good passing, and a guy who is athletic enough to run the floor and get to the rim.

Nice win by the squad. They go 5 - 3 in their last 8 games. This means they're 1 game behind my 46 win prediction.

I had them splitting their next 4 games, but now let's see if they can get 3 out of 4.

• Like 4

Portland might as well have forfeited without Nurkic and Simons.  Such a dumpster fire of Basketball Ops.  I’m a fan of both Hart and Payton, I knew they wouldn’t be able to stomach that situation for long but they barely had a cup of Joe lol.

DJ’s comments about hard practices (obviously Nate was lax in this area along with a majority of coaches) and sharing the ball (30 assists) were refreshing though.  Glad JJ got back in the rotation, his metrics know how impactful his rebound/ push and vertical shot challenge are.  Now all we need to do is get AJ back in wtf.  I’m not with Snyder on that one bit.  Recognize .580 TS% MFer!

Edited by benhillboy

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Great game. DJM's comments in the post game were telling. I love a coach that demands good and hard practices through a season. It does pay off. 

DJM was great tonight, Trae was great and Jalen showed once again why he has to get minutes.

JJ running the break makes me smile.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I liked the Quinn rotations this game. I have zero problems with Trae and Murray alternating more instead of sharing the backcourt together so much. With the current personnel, I think it makes sense and improves our defense lineups as Murray is MUCH better guarding the PG spot than he is guarding the wing. Interesting to see if this is just a situational thing or if it becomes the trend.

PS... Also, barring an injury foul trouble to Saddiq/ Bogi /Hunter I think AJ will continue to be the odd man out in the rotation, and I think that's fine at least until Bogi cools off. 

Quin's rotations weren't much different from Nate's, in regards to Trae and Dejounte. The difference was playing Jalen Johnson.

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

No help from the Celtics. Hopefully, the Knicks hold up in the 4th. The Hawks will have to take care of business over the next few games regardless.

Brunson has made the Knicks a good team..

Boston laying a fkn egg vs Brooklyn.. smh

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Quin's rotations weren't much different from Nate's, in regards to Trae and Dejounte. The difference was playing Jalen Johnson.

JC is as good as gone.. JJ has way too much upside.. Quin isnt stupid...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I recognized better ball movement and better spacing.

I want to say that we stuck with the Hot hand but we didn't.   Quin took out DJ while he was supernova... I believe because they started doubling him. 

But we ran better plays.

Trae was in the zone passing and in the 3rd, when he came in.. he was gunslinger Trae.

Siddiq is super effort.  Dre needs to take note...  Siddiq is not as skilled but this guy is moving and trying.   I was happy to see us Trap Dame a few times. 

JJ earned his minutes tonight. I feel sorry for AJ a bit.   It seems that they will flip flop on that 9th and 10th position in the rotation. 

OO was a beast and CC was dominant...

We were cooking out there.

I don't think we've improved our perimeter defense but I can believe it's coming. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think in the 3rd and 4th.. he played them separately purposely.  Honestly, I think DJ got back in to see if he could raise his Career High.   Otherwise, I think he may have been done when he came out in the 4th. 

I can see the benefit of keeping them separate.  You can put more defenders on the floor.   The question will come when teams start trapping the ball.