• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

Where we have to work on is the 2nd man on the screen. I've seen that man in no man's land too much and it's leads to wide-open 3s and Boston doesn't miss their open attempts like that. 

Nate avoided this with his bend don't break defense but this scheme man is almost made for a switch flexible team like the 2014-15 Hawks. Okongwu has a lot to work on when it comes to this specific action. He is terrific in defending switches but gets lost defending screens. JC is another one who is lost in this action. I've seen Capela show promise in this action which just goes back to the coaching he had in Houston when they were winning.  

• Like 4

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

This is a former Utah action they used to run with Conley and Mitchell with O'Neale being the screener. It's the 1/3 or 2/3 PnFlare. O'Neale would do work on this action but generally, it's not doubled but when it's Trae, different story. Trae made this action harder than it's supposed to be but he made it look easy when what happened is actually hard. I am seeing a lot of Utah actions and defensively, I am seeing a lot of things we used to do in our 60 win season back again. 

• Like 1

The biggest issue we got is JC matchup in this series. He's a tad too small for Horford or Williams. He can't guard the others laterally. Bey defensively struggles. He tried to jump a screen and got cooked by Tatum but Bey offensively is tough for Boston at the 4. That said, JJ can't play at all with JC. He has to play with Bey. It kinda limits things for us. Next season, it will be interesting to see what we do with JC. This really ain't a good series for him. If we play Philly, that's a much better series fit for him even if it's tough. 

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have no idea why or how people have decided already that Trae can't play for Snyder.  Or that Snyder has decided already to get rid of Trae.  None of that comes across when he talks about Trae.  

It's moreso decision-making. When Trae plays under control, he can play for anyone. When he doesn't, he becomes a liability. A big part of him being an offensive engine is his decision-making far more important than his efficiency. The motion offense requires you make smart decisions, on and off the ball. He might never be an ideal fit for the scheme but if he can play smart ball, he will always give us a chance. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It was nice having Hubie on the call.  The Living Legend is so good at what he does.  His perspective is tremendous and he's always even handed in his commentating.  I wish more of these young guys would learn from him. 

At 89 years old.... I hope I can LIVE that long, much less call NBA games.. lol

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What happens when the Seeees threeeees don't fall? 

They get run out of the arena. If the Hawks execute their offense (hit open shots and limit turnovers) while Boston is bricking threes, Boston will basically shoot themselves out of the game because shooting the three is a staple of their offense. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He did what he was supposed to do. His defense was legit. That's why he had a +10 and played 35 minutes. 

He was terrible tonight, the worst player on the floor. 11 points on 11 shots, 1 assists against 2 TO's, 2 rebounds in 35.5 minutes, atrocious on defense and you post +/- which means nothing in this game. Also zero blocks and steals in 35.5 mins lol

Edited by Nash
  • Sad 1

The backcourt deserves credit for finally having an impact full performance. They will have to play like this to win because this Collins/Cap front court has peaked. It can't last into next season.

At this point, I don't think Collins heart is in it. Maybe he will somewhat climb back up the ladder Abit once he is traded.

Perhaps the Hawks can get one more game.... I can't see them taking it to 7, but we will see.

• Like 1

If a defender forces DJ into a miss from midrange they should feel a sense of accomplishment.  His contested midrange game is squarely on the level of DeRozan, Book, and KD, except he’s much smaller, younger, and has to arc higher than all of them.  The regular season metrics of course don’t like it but his style adds flow and momentum to the offense at the right times.  

It’s a crucial playoff shot.  Kareem.  Microwave.  Jordan.  Kobe.  Timmy.  D Wade.  Dirk.  Steph, Klay, and Livingston.  Middleton.  Era matters not.

And I expect John to hit all of those threes on passes by his feet, it seems he practices that.  It doesn’t hurt he’s usually wide ass open 

Edited by benhillboy