• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

21 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Don’t forget we were supposed to lose to Miami who crushed Trae and had him all figured out.  The law of the mid means we can’t be under 50%. So our odds of winning it all are still pretty great. Lol 

We can’t reach mid until next series.  If Boston wins either of the next two games, our season doesn’t end with a .500 record.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Come out of there dude...lol.

I had typed up something this morning and deleted it.  It was in response to how anyone could find a way to take shots at Trae after that performance.  Crazy thing is, in that would-be post, I literally used the words "magic wand" to describe how some people think defense is applied in the NBA - I hadn't even read all of the back and forth here.  It's interesting to get confirmation like that. 😅

Tatum and Brown torch teams on a nightly basis and are surrounded by shooters.  You don't "stop" a contender.  You hit your shots and TRY to slow the other team down.  You can't win if you can't shoot and it's really the end of the discussion.  We know this.

It does make me rub my head sometimes, but I'm not trying to lose braincells over this so I  have just avoided certain conversations altogether.

Exactly. Teams like Boston are rarely stopped. Hell they scored 117 pts and shot 53%, but sure, the Hawks D won that game. Good grief.

I just get caught engaging a certain poster who routinely spins and twists words like a 12 yo. Bottom line is the Hawks made their shots, played enough defense down the stretch, and got a little help with some missed shots from Boston. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Kendrick Perkins is the only person I've heard today talk about Trae Young being disrespected and never given credit for his game.  The BSPN panel looked at him like he went off script and didn't even acknowledge what he said, they went straight to Celtics talk.

I hate BSPN but that right there was some fair, truth-tellin'.  Of course, the bobblehead wants to talk about the Janet Jackson concert.

57 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Yeah I went on a youtube search and you should here all the surprise and excuses. They even keep bringing up old false reports about trades and likability. Perk is callem out quit with the fictional narrative. Oh by the way, what is Luka doing?

Tell em, MurrayLand! 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Very True, he wasn't perfect/great the entire game, but it wasn't because of 'selfishness' - that's my main issue with your comment. 

I might be lacking some better word for that as I'm no native English speaker but I think a player who takes as many shots as he did without even thinking about passing to others who might have better shots qualifies as 'selfish'. The first half was really hard to watch, it was all about him. Bogi had 2 or 3 shots maybe? 

It's not that Trae being selfish (for lack of a better word) will always fail. It worked great last night, so there's that. He won the game for us this time, and I'm happy with the outcome. On to Thursday. 

• Premium Member
Just now, BrazilianHawk said:

I might be lacking some better word for that as I'm no native English speaker but I think a player who takes as many shots as he did without even thinking about passing to others who might have better shots qualifies as 'selfish'. The first half was really hard to watch, it was all about him. Bogi had 2 or 3 shots maybe? 

It's not that Trae being selfish (for lack of a better word) will always fail. It worked great last night, so there's that. He won the game for us this time, and I'm happy with the outcome. On to Thursday. 

Use Tunnel Vision.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, HawkLove0 said:

It was luck when he got those. Luck! That's his game in a nut shell launching threes and turn overs. 

3 minutes ago, HawkLove0 said:

So we are really going to crown Trae Young for last nights performance like he is LeBron?

The truth is somewhere between those humongous extremes. (Of course.)

What I like is that Trae came out of that game with some of his swagger regained. He was, by almost any measure, hoisting the team on his shoulders through most of the 2021 playoffs--and to the point, a serious team needs that kind of confidence exuding from its highest ceiling player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae had 25+ FGA 10 times this year:

1. 15-32/5-10/ 42 pts / 1.31 pts per att
  2. 10-28/2-5/ 22 pts / 0.79 ppa
  3. 13-28/4-10/ 44 pts / 1.57 ppa
  4. 12-27/4-11/ 35 pts / 1.30 ppa
  5. 9-26/2-9/ 34 pts / 1.31 ppa
  6. 12-26/1-5/ 34 pts / 1.31 ppa 
  7. 11-26/2-6/ 31 pts / 1.19 ppa
  8. 9-25/2-8/ 28 pts / 1.12 ppa
  9. 12-25/2-7/ 33 pts / 1.32 ppa
  10. 15-25/1-4/ 41 pts / 1.64 ppa

He sucked in the 3 bolded games.  Acknowledged.  

Now you need to acknowledge that you don't like Trae and are just looking for reasons to complain about him even when he's literally the reason the TEAM won.  

Huh? Why would I acknowledge something that's obviously false? I don't dislike Trae but I think there are plenty of better players than him and I will criticize him when I think he plays poorly for the Hawks. In my first 'infuriating' post I said he played "well" and somehow gave us the win with that shot (which is low percentage). And that I was happy with that.

The reason the team won was not only Trae. Bogi, JC, Hunter, all had good to great showings. The team won because all of them. 

Hell, the team won because Dre banked a three that should've been an ugly miss. The team won because all of a sudden JC started hitting threes. And the team won because Trae played great in the 4th. But some people only have eyes to Trae. Some treat him like a god or something. That's fine of course, to each his own, but that's just not me. 

5 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Huh? Why would I acknowledge something that's obviously false? I don't dislike Trae but I think there are plenty of better players than him and I will criticize him when I think he plays poorly for the Hawks. In my first 'infuriating' post I said he played "well" and somehow gave us the win with that shot (which is low percentage). And that I was happy with that.

The reason the team won was not only Trae. Bogi, JC, Hunter, all had good to great showings. The team won because all of them. 

Hell, the team won because Dre banked a three that should've been an ugly miss. The team won because all of a sudden JC started hitting threes. And the team won because Trae played great in the 4th. But some people only have eyes to Trae. Some treat him like a god or something. That's fine of course, to each his own, but that's just not me. 

Do realize that Q has literally told him to shoot more? It's all about taking open shots, not juat a certain number of shots.  He isn't going rogue out there. He's playing like the coach wants him to. And he doesn't take 33 shots on a regular basis. It's a rare thing 

Finally, no one thinks he's a God. He gets the lions share of the criticism from certain posters and always has. And because of that, some of us have developed a little bit of rabbit ears in defending him against the constant criticisms. 

And yeah, saying selfish is what set a lot of folks off with that original comment. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Kendrick Perkins is the only person I've heard today talk about Trae Young being disrespected and never given credit for his game.  The BSPN panel looked at him like he went off script and didn't even acknowledge what he said, they went straight to Celtics talk.

That's some well deserved Trae praise from Perkins. Respect. 

• Like 4