• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What y’all think about this trade?

@TheNorthCydeRises, I know you gonna be mad but it was the only way I could get the money to work.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_10-31-2023_12-48-51PM.png

This leaves us with 10 players at 3.7 mil. 

Gueye is 1.1

Sign Lundy and Norris as rookie minimum contracts, 3 years, all non guaranteed. 

Sign two 2-way contracts based on who gets cut from teams looking to add a vet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What y’all think about this trade?

@TheNorthCydeRises, I know you gonna be mad but it was the only way I could get the money to work.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_10-31-2023_12-48-51PM.png

As much as folks have railed against CC for some bungled bunnies, I’d hate to see this place burn down after trading him out for ham-hands Gobert. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Correct - ECF with Bogi as a starter.

I was all in on the KAT trade over the summer, but seeing Jalen's emergence I'd hold off. Don't want to overpay in a trade and then overpay on his contract, especially if it means we're losing Bogi.

Saw this in here earlier, it's actually pretty wild -

image.png.dcd3e518770b6cea2cb0f9f0fd25e226.png

Hawks are on here 4 times in the top 10 net ratings. WILD! But only 5 players -

Trae x 1
DJM x 4!!!!
Bey x 2
Jalen x 2
OO x 3!!!

Should this not be our starting line up and go to close out lineup? 

I’ve been preaching for this lineup nonstop

Trae-DJM-Bey-JJ-OO

just let these guys loose and let’s go..

Bey is the only one that can be swapped out if needed..

JJ is a small forward IMO.. I want length at that position.

so we need a PF that complements that lineup..

I don’t want a big Center clogging the lane

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is Gobert a good teammate?  Seems like he's always pissing someone off and he seems to think very highly of himself.  

I have not heard of him not being a good teammate.  I'm aware plenty of guys around the league trash him and generally display jealousy around his contract, but I haven't heard anything specific about him not being a good teammate.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

he's missing something. 

If he was who everyone claims he is, he would have taken the Wolves further at some point. It’s been what, nearly a decade now? This is turning into the KG ( not @kg01 the cul de mixer 👑) situation. 

There is something wrong with KAT.

There is something wrong with Minny.

sorry @Sothron don’t club 🤛 me again that really hurt last time dang 🤕 

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I have not heard of him not being a good teammate.  I'm aware plenty of guys around the league trash him and generally display jealousy around his contract, but I haven't heard anything specific about him not being a good teammate.

He and Mitchell definitely had some issues.  Who knows how serious. 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If he was who everyone claims he is, he would have taken the Wolves further at some point. It’s been what, nearly a decade now? This is turning into the KG ( not @kg01 the cul de mixer 👑) situation. 

There is something wrong with KAT.

There is something wrong with Minny.

sorry @Sothron don’t club 🤛 me again that really hurt last time dang 🤕 

The comparison to KG is his best case where it shows that the failure was not a problem with KG but was Minnesota not putting together a good enough team.  I think KAT is just a bit past his career apex but still a very talented player who can be a rich man's (in every sense of the word) Kevin Love ala the Cleveland championship.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He and Mitchell definitely had some issues.  Who knows how serious. 

Entire Jazz fanbase had issues with Mitchell at that time because he was iso'ing at the end of every game repeatedly and shooting like 15%, losing the team a ton of very winnable games.  Rudy also holds the team accountable on defense when they're slacking, so I'm sure that was part of the riff as well -- God knows that backcourt was one of the worst defensive backcourts in the league.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

The comparison to KG is his best case where it shows that the failure was not a problem with KG but was Minnesota not putting together a good enough team.  I think KAT is just a bit past his career apex but still a very talented player who can be a rich man's (in every sense of the word) Kevin Love ala the Cleveland championship.  

100%.  He's not good enough to lead a team deep in the playoffs, nor is he a great leader in general.  But if he's 2nd/3rd option he would be great.  Can you imagine swapping KAT for Capela at the 5?  The lane would be wide open for Trae/DJ/JJ slashes.  If they collapse then kick to him for open 3's.  

People crap on the guys that haven't won anything.  But the reality is noone has won anything UNTIL they win something.  No superstar in their prime who has championship pedigree is going to be available in trade, and if they are we'd have to sell the farm to get them.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

100%.  He's not good enough to lead a team deep in the playoffs, nor is he a great leader in general.  But if he's 2nd/3rd option he would be great.  Can you imagine swapping KAT for Capela at the 5?  The lane would be wide open for Trae/DJ/JJ slashes.  If they collapse then kick to him for open 3's.  

People crap on the guys that haven't won anything.  But the reality is noone has won anything UNTIL they win something.  No superstar in their prime who has championship pedigree is going to be available in trade, and if they are we'd have to sell the farm to get them.  

The problem with a KAT trade is cost. 

We aren't trading 

Trae

Murray

Hunter

Bogi

JJ

Then we don't want to trade

Griffin

Bufkin and the rest of the rookies 

Bey

That leaves

Capela

Garrison

Wes

Patty

And Bruno who NC doesn't want to trade. 

Gives us a limited selection. 

KAT gonna cost draft assets. We are limited there due to the SA trade. We got a 2024 1st from SAC to trade but that's about it.

NYK got 3 extra 1sts in just 2024 and they got more. Not that they are trading that for KAT. Just saying, they got more than us. 

We are kinda limited unless we want to overpay for someone of more value like Siakam but that's gonna cost us a lot. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, theheroatl said:

What are you talking about... you always post some off the wall stuff..

go back and look at the Nugget's 3 point shooters last season and post-season

Let's look...

Your theory is that 3 pters will make champions...   Alright.  I looked at 3 pters made per game last year...

image.png

These are team rankings.  It should be a good predictor of who should be the best teams because 3 pters are so important to you... RIGHT?

The top 10 include:  Dallas, Indiana, Portland,  and Utah...  These teams didn't even make the playoffs...  I'm too lazy to look at where Denver fell to.. but it's close to the bottom.. Actually 3rd from the bottom of this ranking.   Please continue telling me about the importance of 3 pt shooting towards winning... I mean.. it sounds nice... but teams like Portland, Indiana, Utah, and Dallas were still scratching their head last season...

4 hours ago, AHF said:

🤔 that’s interesting. (It means I disagree 😂) but ok. KG had a bit past prime Spree and championship point man Cassell, not to mention a decent bench. They have a Lakers a run for their money 💰 but Shaq and Kobe were too much for anyone. 

Agree with the second part, Kevin Love of 2016 sounds about right, so he’s just missing a Lebron and a young hungry Kyrie pre Kyme 😂