• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

On some level I'd rather move Trae and move DJ back to PG and go from there. But we both know that shit ain't gonna happen.

Tough to disagree with this and like I laid out earlier this year (maybe before the season started), I think the FO move to get Murray always had a small inkling of if things don't work out with Trae or this pairing, we will have the option to move forward with either only Trae or only DJ and trade the other.  It's tough to not see things that way.  Now you got Murray on a good deal, so you if you can land a big fish all-star (center or wing), you can afford to build around DJ, that new big fish, and JJ (or others that develop and earn bigger salaries).

Add to that, Quin's system is not nearly as reliant on Trae as Nates, and you further the case for considering a move.  You could see that last night, too...  Bogi, for example, was cooking with Trae on or off the floor and still getting good looks.  Even when Trae was on the court, Bogi was mostly getting open looks through off ball screens and not as much from Trae creating out of the PnR or isolation.  I believe it was @KB21(?) that suggested we structure our offense around Bogi in the same way we did with Korver and last night Bogi definitely looked like Korver out there.  If I'm Landry, I'm thinking really hard about what a Hawks roster looks like without Trae.  Problem obviously is the return -- you gotta get a dominant wing or front court player in a package for Trae, and I don't know what teams would be willing to trade for him.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Tuff loss. Some clown called NBA radio and said Trae got ejected on purpose because he was jealous of Bogi.

lol I heard that.     the hosts didn't really pay that much heed.  They were more concerned with Trae getting himself tossed in general.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Tough to disagree with this and like I laid out earlier this year (maybe before the season started), I think the FO move to get Murray always had a small inkling of if things don't work out with Trae or this pairing, we will have the option to move forward with either only Trae or only DJ and trade the other.  It's tough to not see things that way.  Now you got Murray on a good deal, so you if you can land a big fish all-star (center or wing), you can afford to build around DJ, that new big fish, and JJ (or others that develop and earn bigger salaries).

Add to that, Quin's system is not nearly as reliant on Trae as Nates, and you further the case for considering a move.  You could see that last night, too...  Bogi, for example, was cooking with Trae on or off the floor and still getting good looks.  Even when Trae was on the court, Bogi was mostly getting open looks through off ball screens and not as much from Trae creating out of the PnR or isolation.  I believe it was @KB21(?) that suggested we structure our offense around Bogi in the same way we did with Korver and last night Bogi definitely looked like Korver out there.  If I'm Landry, I'm thinking really hard about what a Hawks roster looks like without Trae.  Problem obviously is the return -- you gotta get a dominant wing or front court player in a package for Trae, and I don't know what teams would be willing to trade for him.  

Really don't understand that logic. But, hey.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, shakes said:

lol I heard that.     the hosts didn't really pay that much heed.  They were more concerned with Trae getting himself tossed in general.

Trae's general attitude towards refs ensures this will not be the last time he gets unfairly ejected.  We can moan and complain about thei injustice of referees after every single game, but at some point, it might make sense to treat the referees with respect -- assuming you want better results on the court.  So instead of having an external locus of control and blaming refs every time Trae doesn't get calls, I would ask him to look inward and figure out what he can do himself.  I go to just about every home game and I don't think I've ever seen him have a cordial, respectful, conversation with a referee. 

So before everyone piles in and tells me it's the refs job to call the game fairly and not get emotional and whatever else, ask yourself if you think refs will ever become unemotional robots?  Or if you think maybe, just maybe, Trae's actions have something to do with it.  It does no good to whine and complain endlessly and play the "Atlanta is always the victim" card.  Might make you feel better temporarily but it's not going to get us better results moving forward.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae's general attitude towards refs ensures this will not be the last time he gets unfairly ejected.  We can moan and complain about thei injustice of referees after every single game, but at some point, it might make sense to treat the referees with respect -- assuming you want better results on the court.  So instead of having an external locus of control and blaming refs every time Trae doesn't get calls, I would ask him to look inward and figure out what he can do himself.  I go to just about every home game and I don't think I've ever seen him have a cordial, respectful, conversation with a referee. 

So before everyone piles in and tells me it's the refs job to call the game fairly and not get emotional and whatever else, ask yourself if you think refs will ever become unemotional robots?  Or if you think maybe, just maybe, Trae's actions have something to do with it.  It does no good to whine and complain endlessly and play the "Atlanta is always the victim" card.  Might make you feel better temporarily but it's not going to get us better results moving forward.

saw Jokic complain to last night simply by looking at him disapprovingly for about half a second on his way back down the court to play defense.     That's how you do it.  I'm sure that ref gave Jokic the benefit of the doubt next time there was a close call.

25 years old and Trae is still acting like a little entitled brat on the court.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, shakes said:

saw Jokic complain to last night simply by looking at him disapprovingly for about half a second on his way back down the court to play defense.     That's how you do it.  I'm sure that ref gave Jokic the benefit of the doubt next time there was a close call.

Im probably gonna get the "hater" label as usual for this, but Was he really "sick" all of a sudden vs Philly? Or just pouting from the "bad call" and getting fined and said fk it to a 1 game road trip? Inquiring minds want to know....

My wife said he was posting on Social media with his young kids.. Mustve not felt too awful.. I generally stayed away from my infant son when I was feeling ill..

Just sayin

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, shakes said:

Also saw Jokic delay the game and impede the ref from throwing the ball in. Trae would of been T'ed up for that. But hey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, shakes said:

Yall act like Trae don't get beat up too. Works both ways.  The problem with that is that Trae bytches incessantly about every call and the refs probably hate him as much as his haters do.  Brat? Maybe..but some of it is warranted no matter how much people detest it.  

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, deester11 said:

some of it is warranted no matter how much people detest it.  

The complaining is warranted but there are productive ways to approach that conversation with the referee and there is what Trae does.  It's really annoying to watch and I can see the refs' disdain for him build up over the course of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

If we could land a legit star for Trae. I'll do it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sothron said:

Our FC has been an issue for years. We get nothing out of them on a dependable basis outside of Clint's rebounding and defense. JJ has definite promise so excuse him from my criticisms while reading this.

We have not one guy in the FC that can get a bucket. I thought OO would step up this season but he's not.

The biggest reason to trade for Siakam is that he does in fact give you 20 a game. It isn't pretty at times and I have concerns about his age but regardless he'll get you a bucket. 

We put way too much blame on Trae and DJM about this team. They aren't the problems. We have the worst FC situation in the entire NBA. They simply do not score. Only Clint is good enough on defense and rebounding to get away with that. Our two forwards HAVE TO produce more. And they are not.

Again, excuse JJ from the above. I've been high on that kid since we drafted him. But he's not enough in out FC.

Good lawd! An excellent post.  Novelty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Not disagreeing..but crying about him crying when he sometimes has a reason to cry is a waste of energy.  Should he constantly whine..nah...but others around the nba do it all the time. Breathe on LeBron...whisper to Doncic and watch the theatrics.  I get it...Trae is not some of yalls cup of tea, but some of the digs at him are stupid. 

Problem is The refs and coaches dont see Trae on Lebron or Luka level.. So they wont let him get away with as much..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Not disagreeing..but crying about him crying when he sometimes has a reason to cry is a waste of energy.  Should he constantly whine..nah...but others around the nba do it all the time. Breathe on LeBron...whisper to Doncic and watch the theatrics.  I get it...Trae is not some of yalls cup of tea, but some of the digs at him are stupid. 

so you think the answer to Trae not getting the refs respect is to continue crying to the refs like a 5 year having a temper tantrum at a department store?    You think that will make it better for Trae?

Here's a novel idea, maybe Trae should take the high road and STOP COMPLAINING to the refs.   Crazy thing will happen, he'll start to get more respect from the refs and more calls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

No one is trading for Trae to be their main guy. It's hard to see a return that's viable. We'll probably just get low ball offers. Then Trae might catch wind that we were fielding offers. Trae is very sensitive and prickly, he will be incensed. This is going to get ugly. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1