• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Was it defense? I mean, AJ got game, he maneuvers through situations, I wonder what happened.

OO, AJ, both my boys disappointing big time. This is sad.

I don't know he seems slow to me on both ends.  In Nate's offense where he just needed to be at the 3 point line and catch and shoot or drive the ball it was fine but now it doesn't seem to suit his game.  

But he may come around.

My only point is he wasn't a proven a commodity or one that Quin was comfortable with at all.  We knew that coming in.  Just like we knew Wesley was toast and knew Garrison wasn't really an NBA rotation player.  The fact that we are having to count on them now and we're disappointed is predictable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know he seems slow to me on both ends.  In Nate's offense where he just needed to be at the 3 point line and catch and shoot or drive the ball it was fine but now it doesn't seem to suit his game.  

But he may come around.

My only point is he wasn't a proven a commodity or one that Quin was comfortable with at all.  We knew that coming in.  Just like we knew Wesley was toast and knew Garrison wasn't really an NBA rotation player.  The fact that we are having to count on them now and we're disappointed is predictable. 

I generally don’t panic this early, but at 9-13 and looking awfully mediocre, we might have to pull one of those huge deals, like shipping out Capela and Hunter in a deal then maybe a couple players in another deal or one huge one.

This is bad. Q wants certain guys, I think a couple of them are with the Nets, DFS and Royce. He likes those defensive minded 3 and D dudes.

This is not what I had in mind, 9-13, I had us at like 15-7 somewhere around there. 

• Like 2

AJ Griffin temporarily out of the doghouse.  Lundy got the call-up but didn't play.  Maybe next game.

Last night's game reminded me of an old song (Words changed to fit the occasion) ... Denver got the gold mine - Atlanta got the shaft!  Hard to beat the NBA champions and their refs.  Especially missing three starters. out the entire 4th quarter.  Yet the Hawks forced Denver to play their 1st team in that 4th quarter with them having another game tonight in Chicago.

10th place.  3-7 in our last 10.

:ahf:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Just don't watch the 3rd quarter.  The rest was ok. 

I’ve missed like 5 games in the past 6 years. The final was leaked late last night on my phone and saw it.. I didn’t have the energy to be honest.

I dunno what’s going on, short evenings or the same ole Hawks playing even Steven catch up ball 🏀, it’s taking my love away.. I’m sure I’ll get it back but in the past I’d never miss a marquee one with the Joker 🃏.

😔 

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve missed like 5 games in the past 6 years. The final was leaked late last night on my phone and saw it.. I didn’t have the energy to be honest.

I dunno what’s going on, short evenings or the same ole Hawks playing even Steven catch up ball 🏀, it’s taking my love away.. I’m sure I’ll get it back but in the past I’d never miss a marquee one with the Joker 🃏.

😔 

If you like screaming at the refs, make sure to read this thread as you watch the game.  There was some major frustration on that front.  

Team overall did better than I expected so it wasn't a terrible effort particularly given just how bad the third quarter was.  The fact that the team had enough effort and pride to make it anywhere near close in the fourth is hopefully a good thing.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Nope. That part isn't. 

It would be nice if we had three more years in the top 5-6 of the draft

Could of had Franz Wagner, Scottie Barnes, Chet, Smith Jr or Paolo, or even Wemby. 

You guys are delusional....

Ok... The NBA is getting Bigger... Big men are in season again.  But here's what we have...

• Clint - 6'10 - 240. 
  • OO - 6'8"  - 235
  • Jalen - 6'9 - 220
  • Dre  - 6'8 - 225
  • Saddiq - 6'7" - 215
  • Garrison  - 6'5" - 215

These are our rotational guys that we play in the front court. 

Last night...

• Jokic  6'11" - 284
  • Gordon -6'8 235
  • Nnaji - 6'9 240 
  • MPJ - 6'10 218

These guys beat us to death on the board because we started with Saddiq playing PF. 

We played Philly...

• Embiid  - 7'0 - 280
  • Bamba - 7'0 - 230
  • Harris - 6'8 236
  • Morris 6'9 218

Point is.. With Jalen out.. we become very small.  I watched us build a lead on Denver with great shooting and fast break play but they just walked us down because they were able to get more offensive rebounds.   We don't have anybody but Clint who can box out and has the timing to get rebounds.   Not even OO.    This is why we are losing.   You give up second chance points, you will lose.   We are too small and in Hunter's case.. too soft. 

Stop being delusional.  Our frontcourt is the main issue. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Was it defense? I mean, AJ got game, he maneuvers through situations, I wonder what happened.

OO, AJ, both my boys disappointing big time. This is sad.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

But he may come around.

It has to be something other than just Quin's scheme. It's one thing to miss defensive assignments etc...he just doesn't look confident doing ANYTHING. I think they messed with his shooting mechanics.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It has to be something other than just Quin's scheme. It's one thing to miss defensive assignments etc...he just doesn't look confident doing ANYTHING. I think they messed with his shooting mechanics.

I hope they didn't. Just let him shoot the way he is comfortable shooting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

On some level I'd rather move Trae and move DJ back to PG and go from there. But we both know that shit ain't gonna happen.

Trae Fined one game for crying and cussing out the ref

Sick the next game from who knows what

Then Kicked out of the following game

When we're desperate for wins..

And none of this is gonna help him get any more calls.. Probably make it worse.. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He was ready to deal Trae but it wasn't for a haul that the ownership wanted. It was for draft assets. There wasn't a deal that Atlanta got for Trae that would have been significant and Trae sells tickets. 

I am still shocked Quin would come to Atlanta. Why do that when you got the world of good options. 

Hopefully they gave Quin the power to shake up the roster anyway he pleases if needed..

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

He's not. he's a second or third guy no doubt. But we need more than that. The worst thing we did was that crazy ECF run. It has completely hamstrung this franchise since then.

Said it when it happened... Gosh Im right alot.. lol

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

The reigning champs have their 29th pick in the rotation holding a better effective field goal percentage than the Hawks’ max player.  

Meanwhile the Hawks drafted an average sized guard while they had three ball/ shot dominant guards already, knowing he wouldn’t play even if healthy.  Check Jamie Jaquez’ stats, he’s arguably better than Dre now (the tape would make an even better case).

Signing Trae to a max pretty much ensured non-contention for a long time but the blunder of this past draft sets the on-court product back even more.  This imminent rebuild is gonna yield pennies on the dollar.

Dont forget JC ridiculous contract..

We can add that one to Trae/GM's resume also....smdh

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know things are bad when Garrison Mathews has to start.

We aren't getting much of anything from the Mat(t)hews and AJ. 

OO hasn't taken the next step.

OO looks like another Schlenk bust as the #6 pick overall....

He just loafs out there most of the time.. 

And fans wanted to get rid of CC and start OO.. lol

We may never get another rebound...

WE need to find a center next draft in the worst way..

Then TRade away some of these avg Joes to get some of our future picks back

Edited by terrell