• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

No one is trading for Trae to be their main guy. It's hard to see a return that's viable. We'll probably just get low ball offers. Then Trae might catch wind that we were fielding offers. Trae is very sensitive and prickly, he will be incensed. This is going to get ugly. 

The last time this was even brought up it got TS fired. I agree with bleachkit here. Unless you are absolutely determined to trade him (or Trae demands a trade) just fielding offers and letting it get back to Trae would be a disaster.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, shakes said:

so you think the answer to Trae not getting the refs respect is to continue crying to the refs like a 5 year having a temper tantrum at a department store?    You think that will make it better for Trae?

Here's a novel idea, maybe Trae should take the high road and STOP COMPLAINING to the refs.   Crazy thing will happen, he'll start to get more respect from the refs and more calls.

Yeah..cause my post said specifically continue to act out. RIF. I said I UNDERSTAND why..I said there are better ways to do it, but the point stands.  You can't bytch about him whining about fouls and then act like he doesn't get fouled A LOT. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Our FC has been an issue for years. We get nothing out of them on a dependable basis outside of Clint's rebounding and defense. JJ has definite promise so excuse him from my criticisms while reading this.

We have not one guy in the FC that can get a bucket. I thought OO would step up this season but he's not.

The biggest reason to trade for Siakam is that he does in fact give you 20 a game. It isn't pretty at times and I have concerns about his age but regardless he'll get you a bucket. 

We put way too much blame on Trae and DJM about this team. They aren't the problems. We have the worst FC situation in the entire NBA. They simply do not score. Only Clint is good enough on defense and rebounding to get away with that. Our two forwards HAVE TO produce more. And they are not.

Again, excuse JJ from the above. I've been high on that kid since we drafted him. But he's not enough in out FC.

True, our FC is horrible, BUT our backcourt is also a problem IMO.. Murray cant guard 2's.....

Our POA defense is trash..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

True, our FC is horrible, BUT our backcourt is also a problem IMO.. Murray cant guard 2's.....

That's an issue but it is like pointing out the deck chairs need new paint as the Titanic meets a new friend.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Our FC has been an issue for years. We get nothing out of them on a dependable basis outside of Clint's rebounding and defense. JJ has definite promise so excuse him from my criticisms while reading this.

We have not one guy in the FC that can get a bucket. I thought OO would step up this season but he's not.

The biggest reason to trade for Siakam is that he does in fact give you 20 a game. It isn't pretty at times and I have concerns about his age but regardless he'll get you a bucket. 

We put way too much blame on Trae and DJM about this team. They aren't the problems. We have the worst FC situation in the entire NBA. They simply do not score. Only Clint is good enough on defense and rebounding to get away with that. Our two forwards HAVE TO produce more. And they are not.

Again, excuse JJ from the above. I've been high on that kid since we drafted him. But he's not enough in out FC.

Mugsy Bogues: 5'3'': 3.4 RP36m

Hunter: 6'8'': 4.8 RP36m

Make this make sense please. 

• Sad 3

29 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

No one is trading for Trae to be their main guy. It's hard to see a return that's viable. We'll probably just get low ball offers. Then Trae might catch wind that we were fielding offers. Trae is very sensitive and prickly, he will be incensed. This is going to get ugly. 

His agent would love to pair him with AD in LA(post LBJ)..

Lakers have no assets though.

Theyd probably offer something like D-Lo, Rui and a 2035 1st.. lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Yeah..cause my post said specifically continue to act out. RIF. I said I UNDERSTAND why..I said there are better ways to do it, but the point stands.  You can't bytch about him whining about fouls and then act like he doesn't get fouled A LOT. 

I always love it when a team puts an end of the bench guy in and tells him to be physical with Trae.  Then they all complain as vociferously as Trae does when the ref is forced to blow the whistle.  Ya know, since the only reason you put the guy in was so he'd foul Trae.

Kinda like Denver did last night ...

With the guy who fouled Trae.....

But the crusading ref refused to call the obvious contact.... 

Then tossed him out because he called out his ineptitude ... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, deester11 said:

Yall act like Trae don't get beat up too. Works both ways.  The problem with that is that Trae bytches incessantly about every call and the refs probably hate him as much as his haters do.  Brat? Maybe..but some of it is warranted no matter how much people detest it.  

Warranted, sure, but he's hurting the team by not being able to control himself. It won't get any better going forward if he doesn't change his ways. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

There's been a lot of criticism of Schlenk but he knew what we needed to go with Trae.  It's why we have Bogi and why we had Huerter.  Bogi was brought here to start but got hurt quickly and Huerter took over.  

He also knew we had to have something in the front court.  JC and Gallo were solid before age and injury. 

Then Schlenk got undermined, we traded for a pretty good guard that doesn't work with Trae and pulled a bunch of other levers that didn't work.  Draft picks that don't play, vets that are washed, g leaguers.  JJ is the only claim to fame really and he's had about 20 games of great play.  

Trae is far and away the best player on this team warts and all.  We got to get some guys that know how to play.  That doesn't have to be all stars.  

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Warranted, sure, but he's hurting the team by not being able to control himself. It won't get any better going forward if he doesn't change his ways. 

While I wholeheartedly AGREE.  I venture to say the construct of this team is hurting the Hawks.  Trae...warts and all has bought into Quinn. So what say you, if the coach is good (he's 10x's the coach of anyone the last few years), the players buy in, but you're still unsuccessful? The WRONG players are the sum of the parts.  

The bigger question is if you trust this FO to get it right.  Jury is out..but I'm not optimistic.  

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1

A solid team has players operating outside of their usual positional duties to promote variety and unpredictability.

Trae has played 7 games where he pulled down 1 stinking board.  Clint has 7 games with 0 assists.  Dreadful.

Jalen is good money obviously, no surprise the Hawks can’t seem to win without him.  But considering where they were picked, Dre, OO, and Bufkin are all busts.  AJ is being fashioned into a bust after an excellent rookie value campaign.  Soon the Hawks won’t have to worry about first round blunders due to the ridiculous trade with the Spurs who pulled a classic pump n dump.  Where’s the wrecking ball and dynamite to this thing?  The things Landry has actual permission to do he can’t get right.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
Onyeka Okongwu, one of the few regulars still available for comment, didn’t hesitate to share his thoughts when asked about the three straight technical fouls. “Sometimes referees get sensitive — they get insecure sometimes,” he said. “They were just getting trigger-happy with the whistle tonight.”
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is something going on with these refs: Tatum, Klay, Giannis, Trae, Hunter and now Jokic......getting tossed????

Hahahahahahhaaaa....

Suck it, Nuggets.   League said we hep'd yall end your losing streak last night.  Now you on your own.  Either that or they figured tonite was when the bill came due.

Still though, fkng refs.  Too late to try to stuff the toothpaste back in the tube now, cowards.  You created the monster of letting players complain all game.  Should've headed it off years ago.  But, like everything else in Adam's NBA, yall bent for the players too much.

Ol sensitive a** refs.  Maybe if you didn't miss the dayum call, guy wouldn't have cussed you out.  Hahahaaa.  Deja vu is a muthafka, huh? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1