• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

#lowkeyshade

They've been doing Hoiberg like this all season long.

~lw3

Let the hate grow within you, Aaron.

Man the Mayor deals with a load of crap.

• Moderators

Back on the Hawks, tonight's win makes it the first time in franchise history that the team won over 20 "away" games in two consecutive seasons (not counting those designated "neutral" sites back in the 60s/70s). It's also just the second time in franchise history that the team had a winning road-game record in back-to-back seasons.

Winning road records:

2015-16 -- 21-17

2014-15 -- 25-16

2011-12 -- 17-16 (lockout season)

1998-99 -- 15-10 (lockout season)

1997-98 -- 21-20

1993-94 -- 21-20

1986-87 -- 22-19

1969-70 -- 18-16 (not incl. 5-5 in neutral sites)

1967-68 -- 22-13 (St. Louis, not incl. 9-6 in neutral sites)

~lw3

• Like 4

Any win in the Windy City is always welcome.   At times the Hawks were a beauty to watch tonight!  The streaky shooting gives me heart burn though.   When we play bigger teams if we aren't getting points from dribble penetration and striking threes the lack of rebounding worries me.   Chicago got a LOT second chance opportunities they couldn't cash in on.  Thank goodness they had no answer to Teague and Dennis driving and finishing with floaters and using the glass.   

• Like 3

The Group is playing their asses off.  Backcourt did an outstanding job on D forcing the Bulls into pathetic shooting.  The defense has been trending with Baze and Kyle making more plays.

Playoff Jeff was present and accounted for.

That Paul block on  Gasol was gangster as it gets. 

Chi-Town Sweep baby, Let's Go.

14 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Bulls used to be such a great defensive team. I'm surprised that the defensive principles that Coach Thibs taught them has left them so quickly.

That'll happen when your highest paid player is a defensive slouch and your long-time leader on that end career's in question going forward.  

I'm no big Gasol fan but he went to Chicago to play for 7.5 mil through next year?!  He could've gotten at least twice in a lot of places or that much here and been atop the East with a bullet in a 10X better locker room and weather.  Regrettable decision I'm sure.

10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

That'll happen when your highest paid player is a defensive slouch and your long-time leader on that end career's in question going forward.  

I'm no big Gasol fan but he went to Chicago to play for 7.5 mil through next year?!  He could've gotten at least twice in a lot of places or that much here and been atop the East with a bullet in a 10X better locker room and weather.  Regrettable decision I'm sure.

I'm amazed he turned down OKC.

I feel like we were lucky to win that one, but I'm not complaining. The Bulls needed that win desperately at home and Brooks had probably his best game of the season. We still thoroughly outplayed them for a large portion of the game. And we got the hilarious Mike Scott sound bite. Good win.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Having a bad game isn't the worst thing in the world. We need to see how he bounces back from it. Plus it is impossible for any player to never have a bad game...

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pau was more concerned with the trappings of big city culture  "museums, plays, art etc"

Didn't he want to play for Thibs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Having a bad game isn't the worst thing in the world. We need to see how he bounces back from it. Plus it is impossible for any player to never have a bad game...

Didn't he want to play for Thibs?

Maybe it was his brother Marc who said those were Pau's interest but it wasn't his cup of tea  so staying in Memphis was cool for him (or something like that)

This is what Pau said.....

After all the recruiting pitches are done, the billboards are taken down and the contracts have been offered, sometimes choosing a destination for an NBA player simply comes down to a gut feeling.

That was the case with Pau Gasol, who Saturday tweeted that he agreed to a deal with the Bulls. That deal is worth a reported $22 million over three years (with a player option in Year 3), and is less than what the Los Angeles Lakers (two years, $20 million) and Atlanta Hawks ($11 million per season) reportedly were offering the 34-year-old Spaniard. And while taking less money comes as a bit of a surprise, for Gasol it was all about that feeling that Chicago was the right place for him.

"Instinct told me to pick Chicago," he said, according to ESPN. "Without doubt, (Chicago) is one of the championship favorites in the East alongside Cleveland."

Gasol said he chose the Bulls over two of the favorites in the Western Conference, the San Antonio Spurs and the Oklahoma City Thunder. And while those two teams may be closer to a championship than the Bulls, after 14 years in the NBA Gasol said he realized that "nothing is guaranteed. I'm happy with my choice."

[MORE NBA: Chicago native Jabari P

Your gut was wrong Pau.