• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

A sloppy game 

man Kyle looks like two years  ago Kyle

Thabo's D was awesome tonight

Dwight with a quiet 18 and 11 ... it's so nice seeing box scores with a player with double figure rebounds ... tonight we had two guys with that

Moose has so much confidence 

I am getting very frustrated with Dennis' inability to move the ball ... he is such a ball hog ... move the ball young man ... stop the iso

I think Delaney is a better playmaker

some bad shots and turnovers and Sac took advantage with their threes 

they fouled a lot

free throws free throws free throws ... this concerns  me for close games ... will we have to sit Dwight in those situations?

bad shooting night for Paul but an excellent all around game 

that dunk by Gay was awesome

Areana seemed empty but sounded loud

i will take the win but tonight's play will not work against the better teams ... hopfully we play better on Wednesday 

In all fairness to Paul he really didn't shoot the ball poorly. Most of those misses came from him getting straight mugged everytime he took it to the hole. Incredible that we went to the line 40+ times and still the Kings got away with murder on some plays. Never seen a team foul so much in my life. 

34 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I didn't think Dennis was solid ... he took a lot of bad /contested I'll advised shots and wasn't doing a good job of looking to get others involved

Yea I didn't like his shot selection  and how he missed Dwight a few times when he was open

I didn't want to say he was bad and he wasn't really good so I thought solid was  a good description. But I do understand why you wouldn't even consider him solid with some of the things you listed.

There was two shots that Dennis missed in the first half that you have to make and should make. A wide open three with no one within several feet of you has to go down. It has to. His third quarter stint was noticeably bad however and then they went to Millsap as the main playmaker. He came back in trying to push the pace in the 4th and get shots out of it...and he did relatively well to no avail.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When is the last time the Hawks shot 47 FTs?

Any opportunity to bring up the Joe Johnson 4 Overtime Classic (ironically, wasn't that vs. Utah?)... is a good opportunity!

EDIT: Yes, yes it was!

EDITx2: Sap was there for that game, too. 25&13 for him in over 52 minutes.

~lw3

• Like 2

Seriously, "The Miserable Ones" get uneasy if there's nothing to bitch/moan about. Tonight we won, now 3-0, D8 went 18 pts 11 reb s and 4 blocks. When daFUQ was the last time Hawks had a center show out like that in a game that seemed like we were being dominated the entire time. Wake y'all a$$ UP and understand Hawks top 5 in the East O.o

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When is the last time the Hawks shot 47 FTs?

The power game of Dwight is a game changer.  When you crash the offensive boards like he does, you basically have no choice but to foul him.  And even when he misses 1/2 of his FTs, the sheer volume of them takes its toll on a team.

His misses aren't nearly as catastrophic as they could be on this squad, because we can play great team defense and limit the scoring of the opponent.  Dwight missed 4 FTs in a row at the end of the 1st half, yet was still +2 in those last 2 minutes, because the Hawks went on a 6 - 0 run to close the half.

If it makes you guys feel better, he went 5 - 8 FTs in the 2nd half

Agree. The King's starting frontline had fourteen fouls and could have been called for several more. Dwight can put the opposing starting frontline players on the bench for good stretches. Advantage us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Some tweets from game night.

This last one is interesting....very, very interesting.

If he's saying the team chemistry has never been this good before, that obviously implies he's saying it wasn't this good last year. The only two players he could be talking about are Teague and Horford. I wonder which one (or both?) he's taking a veiled shot at here? The logical guess would be Teauge, but who knows.

I think it was pretty much common knowledge that Teague and Horford kept to themselves. Dennis and Dwight are way more vocal on and off the court.

• Like 1