• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Sometimes, the main reason for you winning a tough, physical game is just going to be gassed off of short rest. I saw that in a Georgia basketball game earlier this year, the guards that were the main key to victory off of one day rest after a physical game were tuckered out in the next game.

That's at least half of what we saw from Kent and Dennis.

It's good to have a bench that can pick them up when that happens.

• Premium Member

Things you might hear: "Baze only had 3 points" but he led the team in assists. "Dwight only scored seven" but he had 17 boards in limited minutes and made Tristan irrelevant. We seem to be getting production from our guys in all aspects of the game, these are just two examples.

The turnovers are frustrating and we haven't been able to hold a lead, but we beat two good teams in two nights. I'll trade these wins for loses against a randomly hot Lakers (Louuu) team and Washington. 

• Like 2

We made the best rebounding team (statistically) look like an awful rebounding team. But these turnovers are driving me crazy. Delaney came through big tonight with Dennis out of control. I think the Bulls are just a tough matchup for Dennis and Paul. Gibson always seems to give us a lot of problems and Lopez is real solid. 

Good win on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. Thabo is the man.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Everyone has struggled to feed the post outside of the fastbreak. It's the reason turnovers are up.

I think you hit the nail on the head...we are still trying to figure out how to throw the ball down into the post to Howard and sap (mainly Howard).

we are getting better but it's definitely tough to watch the process. Honestly some of the passes are so horrible on some possessions I feel they are thinking about it too much

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We gotta get the turnovers under control. We are handling teams like no one's business right now but the turnovers are killer. We gotta get that gone.

I think ATL is catching teams by surprise right now but ATL does need to tighten up the turnovers.

• Like 2

I just watched tonight's game. Nice win! Glad we backed up yesterday's huge win with today's win. It just felt that much better. 

Oh, also just saw Stan Verrett lisp his way to 5 highlights of the Bulls compared to 1 of the Hawks...wtf! I'm not surprised though so whatever. F*ck BSPN anyways.

9 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Delaney has some sick handles. His shot hasn't been falling, but you can tell it's a good one. Looks like a great pickup to me. This team is full of players with some serious swagger to their game, and I love it. 

What do you mean his shot hasn't been falling? He barely shoots and everytime he does it's one of those beautiful midrange jumpers that don't touch anything but the bottom of the net

• Like 1

These are tough games mentally because of beating CLE and not being able to rest on your laurels for some time, but instead go back to come out next day motivated again. And we did, starting great. Somehow Butler and Wade allowed them to stay in there and it seemed the gastank whas kinda empty later on, but still managed to pull the W out. Thats actually what great teams do "the next day".

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JTB said:

I think you hit the nail on the head...we are still trying to figure out how to throw the ball down into the post to Howard and sap (mainly Howard).

we are getting better but it's definitely tough to watch the process. Honestly some of the passes are so horrible on some possessions I feel they are thinking about it too much

I think they want to get D8 more involved on the offensive side of the game, and sometimes forcing the issue a bit too much. We all know that the offense is still a work in process, and we'll only get better with time. That defensive intensity though!

• Like 2