• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GOODBYE THJ!

JTB

I really like THJ and wanted the Hawks to match whatever offer he was given, BUT I must admit the magnitude of this offer was something I wasn't expecting.  I sort of thought $15 Mil a year would be the "aggressive" deal someone like the Nets or Knicks would make.  $17.75M/Yr is really tough when you consider you are paying Baze ~$17M, Jamal ~$14.25M, and Plumlee ~$12.5M. 

If they match THJ they'd have ~63% of the CAP tied up in those 4 players and 3 of them aren't even starter quality for a playoff team (THJ is even questionable as a playoff team starter, imo).  Not only that, but Jamal's is the only contract that they could be easily rid of after this year.  Baze and Plumlee both have 3 yrs left on their deals.

IF they have a plan to move Baze or Plumlee, then I'd be OK with matching THJ (but it would still be a bad contract and would go against what Schlenk has said he would do).  I'd prefer not to lose THJ but damn, what the hell were the Knicks thinking.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Even Travis haters can't blame Him for passing on this one. The Knicks are stupid 

We most probably aren't going to pass.  We will most probably match.  We have more cap than we have people willing to take our money.

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

We most probably aren't going to pass.  We will most probably match.  We have more cap than we have people willing to take our money.

If this GM wouldn't even give Millsap a deal at all why would he waste almost 20 million a year on a chucker that can't defend, rebound or pass?

1 hour ago, DeacKillsaDevil said:

Are we at the salary minimum yet? We gotta spend money on someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minimum is something around 89 million.  I was under the impression the Hawks had no room because they haven't renounced Muscala, Hump, and Thabo.  I think the Hawks are maxed out and don't actually need to spend anymore money.  

20 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

We will get the same or production out of Belli, Bembry, and Dorsey for half of that amount. 

BBD the east coast family? Oh man it's too early for this nonsense 

Funny! Somehow I'd rather watch Michael Bivins jacking up 3's than pay Hardaway that kinda money!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

I know people are blaming Schlenk for the deconstruction but I blame Budcox for this one.  If we had let Baze go to Houston and not signed Dwight period, this would be an easy match in my opinion but since we're stuck with the Baze gaze we have to pass.

I mean look at it this way.....at least we're not the Knicks. 

The Baze signing was the worst. I said at the time it was bad idea, no one listened to me. I was summarily dismissed, "that's the market" blah, blah. 70 million is the going rate for a limited, back small forward? 

• Like 1