• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks, 48 Hours Later

lethalweapon3

Other than the shooting woes, which is a drag, Cam had a good go as the starting point guard.  4 assists 1 turnover.  He rebounded and played good defense, not as good as it has been.  Only hit two shots, but one being a three is great.  Cam is a work in progress.  Five games in, the shooting is rough.  Cam's top 10 in rebounding, assists, and steals for rookies. 

Hunter - He's hit that struggle bus a bit too.  This was the first game he looked rushed. I know he'll go back to being his smooth self.

John - Rough game for him, but he'll bounce back!

Bembry - Almost fumbled and bumbled his way to a triple double.  He's just a damn enigma.  

Jabari - Had a decent game.  We needed his scoring today, but I feel like sometimes he can pass to the open guy.  Today, wouldn't have been a good idea since everyone was bricking, but I'd at least like to see it from time to time whenever he breaks down the defense.

The thing I hated the most about this game, and it may be due to the heat choking off the lane, but we took all those damn threes when we got close and no one was hitting the backside of a barn.  Like, use your head. Drive it in the lane and try to get the foul call.  Bembry was the only player able to breakdown the D consistently.  Cam did it at times but was inconsistent.  I want to see this out of Huerter more.  Huerter definitely isn't there yet.  

I'm going to be patient. This is the roughest part of the schedule.  First three games in four nights for the rooks.  We need to keep everything in perspective.  This is a development year still. 

Without Trae it seemed like everyone was rushed. Trae makes this team so much better.

Edit: Wallace exceeded my expectations.  Very good pick up Schlenk.  

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Look who got the first nom for SAF:

People may laugh at this, but how many 6'9" (in shoes) players can pull that double spin off.  He just has to get under control.  His shot mechanics are so damn inconsistent.  I like that he realizes his shooting is off and in the first half drove it to the basket a ton.  

I'm happy with the rooks thus far.  

I think the dissatisfaction displayed is because Miami's rooks look so good. Hot starts don't mean Hot seasons. I'd like our rooks to finish like Trae and carry it to their sophomore years.

• Thanks 1

some of you are Overreacting on collins.

He played a good offensive game vs the heat the other night when trae went down and although that didn’t happen tonight we have to remember he’s still a young player that need to develop not just the rookies and sophomores.

on the other hand I liked collins courage to come back in and play on that hurt ankle though I was worried .....but nonetheless collins has heart and wants to win I believe he’s showing that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hawkman said:

I know a win isn't likely, but I hope the guys can somehow pull this off tonight. I want to see an unexpected breakout from someone. Preferably one (or all) of the Rooks. We still have two top ten prospects to get excited about. I hope they show us something. 

Bembry gave you an unexpected answer to your wish with a near tripple double. Too bad not too many others came to play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

It's going to tough for Trae to get his assist numbers with these brickers. Cant throw it in the ocean.

When Trae plays they have way better looks , better positioning, etc...and they know that ball is going to get exactly where they need it to finish the play 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

People may laugh at this, but how many 6'9" (in shoes) players can pull that double spin off.  He just has to get under control.  His shot mechanics are so damn inconsistent.  I like that he realizes his shooting is off and in the first half drove it to the basket a ton.  

I'm happy with the rooks thus far.  

I think the dissatisfaction displayed is because Miami's rooks look so good. Hot starts don't mean Hot seasons. I'd like our rooks to finish like Trae and carry it to their sophomore years.

Nunn is a rookie but not really. He played last season in the G-League and was in college for 5 years. Herro is polished but what's his real upside? He has no PG skills. No defensive skills. He is mainly a scorer who's an elite shooter. He might have been one of the only Heat with a negative +/-. His lack of defense made it easy for Bembry to tee off while the first unit had to deal with Butler and Nunn. 

For Cam, he has the baddest blues of the AAU game from anyone I've seen. I know for a fact he is a well developed defender but offensively, he might as well be fresh out of HS, that's how raw he is. 

I don't know if PG is accurate but once his shot falls, he kinda has some Brandon Roy in his offensive game. Once he gets his NBA strength and builds on his skill-set and base, B. Roy is someone I see in his game long term on offense. Defense, he is like a rich man's Lonzo Ball on that end. 

Hunter will be fine but he needs Trae Young more than John. He can't create at all for himself. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nunn is a rookie but not really. He played last season in the G-League and was in college for 5 years. Herro is polished but what's his real upside? He has no PG skills. No defensive skills. He is mainly a scorer who's an elite shooter. He might have been one of the only Heat with a negative +/-. His lack of defense made it easy for Bembry to tee off while the first unit had to deal with Butler and Nunn. 

I wouldn't mind having another elite shooter alongside Trae. That's a very important skill.

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

It's almost unbelievable how many different ways Trae helps this team. They lost lost quite a bit without him on the floor. 

The biggest thing I see missing is leadership. We kinda look like sheep without a sheppard right now. Still I see confidence in Cam's game daily even though Hunter seems to be reverting backwards. Can't wait for the Hunter hate so he can fuel up with motivation to ball again. It's hard for him to ball with a "big head" it's like he's tilting over. He needs a chip back on his shoulders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I wouldn't mind having another elite shooter alongside Trae. That's a very important skill.

I agree but it needs to do more than just shoot and score. A backcourt of Young/Herro would be a feast for any pairing. Even the Bembry's of the world much less a playoff team. Herro best role in the modern NBA is off the bench. He is the shooting version of Lou Williams while Lou is isolation based. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Huerter needs to show some of giant marksman skills.  Shake off the rust and step up young man.  We need more outside shooting even when Trae returns.

Huerter, Cam and Hunter are really the key. If those guys can just hit shots we can be really good. If they go 5-30 like tonight we are toast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Not sure if you realize: no Trae. Everyone watching surely realizes that. What would past years GS be without Curry? Cavs without LaBrawna? Relax 😑

What is this yrs Golden State been with Curry? & Now really what are they going to be without him? I told people last year Golden States run was coming to an end because Curry & Thompson are starting to get up their & age. Draymond played like he was pass his peak as well

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

For Cam, he has the baddest blues of the AAU game from anyone I've seen. I know for a fact he is a well developed defender but offensively, he might as well be fresh out of HS, that's how raw he is. 

I don't know if PG is accurate but once his shot falls, he kinda has some Brandon Roy in his offensive game. Once he gets his NBA strength and builds on his skill-set and base, B. Roy is someone I see in his game long term on offense. Defense, he is like a rich man's Lonzo Ball on that end. 

Hunter will be fine but he needs Trae Young more than John. He can't create at all for himself. 

HUnter can create when he wants to. Just seems timid for some reason.

3 minutes ago, sillent said:

What is this yrs Golden State been with Curry? & Now really what are they going to be without him? I told people last year Golden States run was coming to an end because Curry & Thompson are starting to get up their & age. Draymond played like he was pass his peak as well

They aren't old. They are injured. If Draymond, Curry and Klay are all healthy they are still a dangerous team, as long as they can find a replacement for Iggy.

Just now, terrell said:

HUnter can create when he wants to. Just seems timid for some reason.

Not really, he can go 1v1 and at times take a good defender if he has leverage but tonight, there was no Trae creating lots of leverage situations. While Cam created some decent looks for others, Trae has gravity and he creates a lot of leverage which Hunter has benefited from. 

9 minutes ago, sillent said:

False equivalency. I’m referring to their winning years. This is not a winning hawks team without Trae. Period...

• Like 1