• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks, 48 Hours Later

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I can see it. We didn't really use him right at Duke and I say that as someone who watched every game over the last 4 years. Him like Wendell Carter Jr. wasn't developed correctly. For Cam, we developed him to have movement skill which he more than anyone on our team outside of John, C&S which clearly hasn't translated yet and all around defense. It shows but it's clear we didn't develop anything else. 

Cam handles is loose and his base is FAR too wide. Cam attacks the paint like he is Tracy McGrady when athletically in the air, he's a weaker Brandon Roy. Cam just hasn't been developed right. He is basically like a HS on offense while being like a 2nd year pro on defense. It's odd but you know, this isn't the first time I've seen a player not developed well in college even from my school as a freshman. Kansas had this issue too. If you aren't a photographic memory kinda guy, you might struggle to develop in that situation. 

Offensively, Cam is going to shoot the three with massive volume in his prime and that's fine. But the player we really should use as a model is Brandon Roy. 

Like Cam, great burst in space, tremendous feet, great spin move, both have a ton of torque they play with, smooth, gets to any spot on the court, court vision, not a PG but got some playmaking chops, crafty and Cam needs to develop his craftiness in the paint to B. Roy's level. B. Roy was polished out of Washington. Played four years. Cam is raw, played one year and really wasn't developed on offense so it's gonna take some time but once gets it, he can be special because his defense can be world class. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, hazer said:

False equivalency. I’m referring to their winning years. This is not a winning hawks team without Trae. Period...

I agree but the period is a little extra. We seem to be lacking confidence & leadership which true Trae has been bringing every game but all of our talent didn't just disappear. We were going to struggle early with chemistry regardless even with Trae which we have. Trae has just been so good, so confident & such a leader it rubbed off on other guys to atleast be functional. It's like they took the starter out the car. Still a good car they just haven't got it to crank up yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . Cam with the most spectacular miss of all time.

I've never seen a double spin move going to the hole.

Nique on the right side baseline vs the Bucks and against four defenders as it turned out. Nique finished on the play.

• Like 4

So I missed (most of) the game doing Halloween with the kg's.  Can somebody tell me how Reddish did at point, generally?

And, before y'all start, I don't wanna hear from the ones o' y'all that've already made yer minds up about the kid.  I know who you are!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So I missed (most of) the game doing Halloween with the kg's.  Can somebody tell me how Reddish did at point, generally?

And, before y'all start, I don't wanna hear from the ones o' y'all that've already made yer minds up about the kid.  I know who you are!

Fine then be that way I’ll take my 3 inches elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But I'll leave you with another perhaps more important question.  Does it make me a bad father if I eat all my kids' Halloween candy?  I'll hang up and listen.

Don't do it man. There is a nasty Urban Legend about parents who do that. Very bad news.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thanks for the responses.  I dvr'd the game and will watch tonight.  Red is clearly raw and needs development so I don't understand the vitriol he draws.

Nobody's talking about Hunter being largely absent in multiple games but every time Reddish does something it's national news.

They both need time and they both need Trae.  Not sure why we can't be supportive of both as they grow.  We're not tanking, but it's not like we were expected to be a 1-seed or anything.

I'm on realgm straight brawling with fools calling Reddish a bust after 5 games.  It's ridiculous.  You're welcome, by the way, Hawks fans.

But I'll leave you with another perhaps more important question.  Does it make me a bad father if I eat all my kids' Halloween candy?  I'll hang up and listen.

I'll be on realgm with you KG.  

No!  Good fathers protect their kids by eating the candy! Don't want them getting cavaties. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cam Reddish on ☝🏿 play looks like Mike met Tmac and the next he looks like David Wood one ☝🏿.

Potential is high, no real potential not Marvin. 

His hands 🖐 are super weak like a baby 👶. What’s that game where u put ur hands on another and pull away as fast as possible not to get slapped? Well Cam needs to play that more. 

Cam and Damian need to take each other to the gym. Or maybe go with Bruno and Hunter.

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'll be on realgm with you KG.  

No!  Good fathers protect their kids by eating the candy! Don't want them getting cavaties. 🙂

Are you guy at war in Realgm now?