• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks, 48 Hours Later

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Tootsie rolls are trash 🗑 

In my humblest.

Im with @Thomas with team Reese’s and Twix.

Any kinda weird tootsie (2 inchers) those nasty smarties or anything like that I’m good on.

Sorry @Thomas I didn’t mean to mention your name in the same post as 2 inches that’s generally reserved for kg for obvious reasons. 

Yeah, would greatly appreciate it if I am left out of the manhood scuffles between you two cats. Am a Grandad now so believe I have already proven my point on that topic.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, sillent said:

This is a highlight that needs to be kept. Most of it was magical so I'm glad they found some way to save that replay😂 

It's equal parts impressive and embarrassing. A perfect microcosm of Reddish as a whole.  

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

To answer the important questions:

• RealGM can have some great discussion but can also be a dumpster fire with hot take.  Enjoy the flaming if you like the friction or feel free to ignore those threads if you want actual dialogue.
  • The parent tax is a legit part of parenthood.  Tax rate varies by household.
  • Reese's; Twix; Snickers; Milky Way; Milk Duds; etc. are all good.
  • Tootsie rolls are garbage candy.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

To answer the important questions:

• RealGM can have some great discussion but can also be a dumpster fire with hot take.  Enjoy the flaming if you like the friction or feel free to ignore those threads if you want actual dialogue.
  • The parent tax is a legit part of parenthood.  Tax rate varies by household.
  • Reese's; Twix; Snickers; Milky Way; Milk Duds; etc. are all good.
  • Tootsie rolls are garbage candy.

I thought we were friends AHF...Tootsie rolls are a delicacy. 

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's been 5 games (2-3), all the sky-is-falling peeeps.....RELAX - some nights we'll strughle on defense and some nights it'llbe offense.

When you consider we are starting 2 rookies and playing a 3rd significant minutes, only 6 returning players from last season, just played 3 games in 4 nights and this.....

....it's early....we'll be alright!

Would you prefer to be the Kings at 0-5 who blew all their capspace on middle tier FAs for the next few years?

Speaking of the Kings, they declined Harry Giles option this year.  If healthy, I'd take a flier on him next year.  

All things considered, this is a good start to the season.  We've been competitive and our defense is much improved.  Miami was scoring 120+ points a game before playing the Hawks.  They've slowed them down. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's been 5 games (2-3), all the sky-is-falling peeeps.....RELAX - some nights we'll strughle on defense and some nights it'llbe offense.

When you consider we are starting 2 rookies and playing a 3rd significant minutes, only 6 returning players from last season, just played 3 games in 4 nights and this.....

....it's early....we'll be alright!

Would you prefer to be the Kings at 0-5 who blew all their capspace on middle tier FAs for the next few years?

It might be that Luke Walton isn't that good of a coach.  Dave Joerger had them playing pretty good last year. Divac decided to change up things and fire him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

It might be that Luke Walton isn't that good of a coach.  Dave Joerger had them playing pretty good last year. Divac decided to change up things and fire him.

It's just Kangz doing Kang thangs.  Also smells like their young guys started reading their won clippings .. lookin at you, De'Aron.

I'm totally on board with taking a flier on Giles, btw.  Considering the Kangz are bad at the whole decision-making thing, surely Giles could be had for cheap.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's just Kangz doing Kang thangs.  Also smells like their young guys started reading their won clippings .. lookin at you, De'Aron.

I'm totally on board with taking a flier on Giles, btw.  Considering the Kangz are bad at the whole decision-making thing, surely Giles could be had for cheap.

I'd def take a flier on him.  Who would you trade for him this season? I believe he's injured right now. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I'd def take a flier on him.  Who would you trade for him this season? I believe he's injured right now. 

Burd just educated/reminded me.  Trading for him now would be detrimental to us because we wouldn't have his Bird rights or stte.  IOW, gotta wait until the offseason and just sign him then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Thanks for the responses.  I dvr'd the game and will watch tonight.  Red is clearly raw and needs development so I don't understand the vitriol he draws.

Nobody's talking about Hunter being largely absent in multiple games but every time Reddish does something it's national news.

They both need time and they both need Trae.  Not sure why we can't be supportive of both as they grow.  We're not tanking, but it's not like we were expected to be a 1-seed or anything.

I'm on realgm straight brawling with fools calling Reddish a bust after 5 games.  It's ridiculous.  You're welcome, by the way, Hawks fans.

But I'll leave you with another perhaps more important question.  Does it make me a bad father if I eat all my kids' Halloween candy?  I'll hang up and listen.

Well, Hunter is what we thought he was. It was the Baby Kawhi talk that pushed our expectations up. He needs an elite playmaker to be effective or an elite system that does the same thing for him. 

Cam for many is frustrating too many because he can do so much more and the results are spotty. For me, I am fine with things as it is as I know they will improve but others want it now. 

RealGM said Trae is at a passing Jimmer and he would be lucky to get to Trey Burke's level this time last year. RealGM is hot take central. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I need to cut back on the candy myself so I don't end up with a belly like spud.

The face on that cat in your avatar is how I envision you, by the way.  That cat looks like it hates fun.

I'm actually a Homo Sapien, a species of bipedal hominids common to earth. However, I'm not as rich as grumpy cat. She died a millionaire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I thought we were friends AHF...Tootsie rolls are a delicacy. 

We should be best friends.  I'm happy to trade you my tootsie rolls, you are happy to get them.  Who didn't love organizing and trading candy after Halloween?  And if everyone has the same taste then there isn't much to do in trade.  It is the differences that make it work so well.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm actually a Homo Sapien, a species of bipedal hominids common to earth. However, I'm not as rich as grumpy cat. She died a millionaire. 

Mark this day in history.  Bleachy said something funny.  Be honest though, you hate fun don’t you?

And shout out to @marco102 who just came off the top rope on them fools on realgm.  Well, one Hawk-hatin' fool in particular:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1903146&start=60

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Mark this day in history.  Bleachy said something funny.  Be honest though, you hate fun don’t you?

And shout out to @marco102 who just came off the top rope on them fools on realgm.  Well, one Hawk-hatin' fool in particular:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1903146&start=60

I go there for the drama! LMBO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2