• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

On 2/5/2020 at 11:19 PM, enrique said:

Not sure where to post these tweets, but love seeing the potential...

And if that one doesn't excite us, this one should...

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!

Harden was the #1 scorer and #8 assist man. (Westbrook is basically tied with him at 9th in assists).

Not sure what any of this truly means or if it makes big a difference in the end. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 12:28 AM, NBASupes said:

If we can get anything close to this from Capela, its gonna be fun....That defense on Curry  at 3:32 was insane...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I wonder if there wasn’t an idea of pairing JJJ with Capela...

I understand the logic. It make sense but John is taking 3.6 threes a game. I don't see any reason at all he cannot take close to 5 a game. JJJ is taking 6.3 a game.

Edited by Buzzard

Capela:  Is he really any good?  Or, are we fooling ourselves?  We all wish that our Hawk team would become better.  Yet, in our last game before the break, we promptly fell on our face and couldn't get up.  Are we hoping for too much from one player.  All Hawks except our two newest were healthy and available.

And, what about our other new center- PF?  Will he be able to play any at all the remainder of the season?  Some thought he might be out for the season.  Any one heard anything?

We're all ready for Capela.  Is he ready to lead us toward being good?  We don't really expect great.  Not yet.  But, won't it be wonderful if we can say that we are good for the remainder of the year!!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Capela:  Is he really any good?  Or, are we fooling ourselves?  We all wish that our Hawk team would become better.  Yet, in our last game before the break, we promptly fell on our face and couldn't get up.  Are we hoping for too much from one player.  All Hawks except our two newest were healthy and available.

And, what about our other new center- PF?  Will he be able to play any at all the remainder of the season?  Some thought he might be out for the season.  Any one heard anything?

We're all ready for Capela.  Is he ready to lead us toward being good?  We don't really expect great.  Not yet.  But, won't it be wonderful if we can say that we are good for the remainder of the year!!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

Believe the Capela and Dedmon one two punch at C will be a breath of fresh air for 48 minutes for us. We improved both our defense and our hands around the basket at the same time. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I think this is going to be a perfect storm. Collins will need to take at least one more three a game; maybe even two, but I don't see him having a problem with that. Our three point shooting has been the worse in the league at .329. Its time for LP to stop f***ing around and only let players who can shoot, shoot,

Huerter .392

Young .369

Dedmon .364 in the three games back.

Collins .355

Hunter .345

Reddish .316 but just over .400 for his past 17 games.

Goodwin is hurting in threes with only a .315%. I am sorry Vince ( .293 ) but you and Bembry ( .231 ) need to stop shooting threes.

Finally a post we can agree on. The Hawks outside of Trae Young needs to shoot more threes. Trae needs to shoot smarter threes. 

• Premium Member

Which of these categories in which we're ranked in the bottom 20%, if not the very bottom of the league, do you expect will improve between now and the end of the season?

2020-02-15_0010.png

And why will it improve? (Yes, judge, I admit I'm leading the witness. 🙂 )

23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Which of these categories in which we're ranked in the bottom 20%, if not the very bottom of the league, do you expect will improve between now and the end of the season?

2020-02-15_0010.png

Assuming Capela returns after the break and barring any significant injuries then I expect all of the defensive and rebounding stats to improve. Capela/Dedmon is just better defensively and on the glass than Jones/Len. I'm a little iffy on the fouling with our still porous perimeter defense, but at least we won't be as hopeless against certain centers.

That leaves 3P%, opp. steals, opp. blocks, and turnovers. If Dedmon gets back to shooting the ball respectably (which he has so far) then our 3P% will likely improve. It would be hard for it not to. And I want to believe Trae will cut down on his turnovers, but there could be some growing pains with Capela and more lane congestion. Which might also lead to us getting blocked a little more. Opp. steals is a crapshoot. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, sturt said:

2020-02-15_0010.png

We should get better in all categories of rebounding and also opponents FG%. Our 3P% should improve with Vince and Bembry not playing as much; and Reddish's continued improvement. Vince takes almost as many threes as Reddish and Hunter, that really needs to stop.

I would like to see these stats done on a splits basis. Like the past 15 games before the break; then the final 26 games after the break. I think our 3pt shooting has improved over the past 15 games with Hunter, Huerter, and Reddish; but Vince is probably still dragging it down as he has been woeful every month except December ( .348 ). Goodwin despite the few great games is pretty mediocre so far also in that category.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4