• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Team is 9 - 9 in their last 18 games.  That's 22% of the season.  We gone be a problem next year.

Trae - Is Traemendous.  Everyone thought he had an off game.  Looks up boxscore, 25 pts, 6 rebounds, 10 assists on 48% from the field 37.5% from three with five turnovers.  That's an excellent game by mere mortals.  He took over in the 4th.

John Collins - PROVED the Hawks can win with him.  He gave us everything. I don't see how you can see what John did tonight and don't think we can win with him.  35 pts and 17 REBOUNDS on 72% shooting and 100% from three.  Inject that ish into my veins!

CAM F***ing Reddish - Ya'll this man has taken over quarters with his offense and defense.  When he puts it together, @NBASupes might be getting the last laugh.  It seems like when we need his offense he's giving it to us.  He's getting the foul calls. His three ball is off a little, but if he keeps getting to the basket like he is and finishing, it won't matter.  This kid is a special talent and we are starting to see it!

Kevin Heurter - Y'all act like Kevin just didn't have a good game against Miami.  Not everyone is on the same curve, but Kev has been playing pretty well over his last 20 or so games.  Go look at the stats for yourselves, but there's too much overreaction here on Kevin.  We have a good problem to have with Kevin and Cam.

What a game! Good win!

Heurter was God awful tonight, and that's not out of the ordinary for him. I don't think he is anywhere near a starting caliber player for a good team... I mean he's still young but not sure he'll ever be anything more than just a guy that can come in off the bench and hit a few threes. On offense he makes so many bone-headed plays and his shot is streaky af... On defense he is the Trae Young of wings. I will give him kudos because he got after it in 4th on that end though, in fact I love the way everyone played D in the 4th, the effort was tremendous. Different team from the neck up so far post All Star break. 

29 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Heurter was God awful tonight, and that's not out of the ordinary for him. I don't think he is anywhere near a starting caliber player for a good team... I mean he's still young but not sure he'll ever be anything more than just a guy that can come in off the bench and hit a few threes. On offense he makes so many bone-headed plays and his shot is streaky af... On defense he is the Trae Young of wings. I will give him kudos because he got after it in 4th on that end though, in fact I love the way everyone played D in the 4th, the effort was tremendous. Different team from the neck up so far post All Star break. 

I don’t want to Pile on him but it is starting to appear as if he will be the odd man out of the starting rotation once everyone hits their stride. 
And that’s not a bad thing, he can literally just be our Ginobali. 
If he is hot that night then feed him. And he can always get extended minutes if Cam or Dre are in foul trouble. But Cam is starting to put it together and deserves to lead our defense at the point of attack. Dre can still guard the opponents best player,   Trae can hide on the corner shooter. I think this is our formula going forward

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That fight was well..... Fury was masterful. 

I’m not a huge boxing guy so I defer to experts on the subtleties and nuances. But, my novice observation:

Wilder really thought he could go power for power with Fury instead of taking points and playing defense. Fury had some heavy throws that Wilder should have been able to counter, yet he kept trying to throw knockout jabs to a guy that was eating them up without hesitation. Wilder should’ve went with the Mayweather approach and just jab and move until Fury wore down, because Fury was clearly not in shape to go the distance. Wilder let him off the hook tryna be the big man and not the smart man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m not a huge boxing guy so I defer to experts on the subtleties and nuances. But, my novice observation:

Wilder really thought he could go power for power with Fury instead of taking points and playing defense. Fury had some heavy throws that Wilder should have been able to counter, yet he kept trying to throw knockout jabs to a guy that was eating them up without hesitation. Wilder should’ve went with the Mayweather approach and just jab and move until Fury wore down, because Fury was clearly not in shape to go the distance. Wilder let him off the hook tryna be the big man and not the smart man.

Wilder isn't the technical fighter Fury is much less Mayweather who would be the Basketball equivalent of Duncan's Spurs. He's the KO master. Before this fight 95% KO rate. He just went up against a technical fighter who was not only better but had a better plan coming into this fight. 

11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It’s no secret many find Wilder to be less than technically sound and shrewd.  But I did hear (no pun intended) that his eardrum was shattered in the third round and had his equilibrium in tatters.   It’s fascinating when a corner calls a fight before the ref does.  Heavyweights truly put their lives on the line in the ring.  Oh well, same time next year.

And only biting a guy’s ear off is more strange than licking your opponent’s blood off his shoulder.  Pugilists are a different breed totally.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It’s no secret many find Wilder to be less than technically sound and shrewd.  But I did hear (no pun intended) that his eardrum was shattered in the third round and had his equilibrium in tatters.   It’s fascinating when a corner calls a fight before the ref does.  Heavyweights truly put their lives on the line in the ring.  Oh well, same time next year.

The equilibrium part makes a lot of sense. Wilder had no legs after round 3. He had nothing on his punches, the very few he was able to land. It was only a matter of time, thank god they threw the towel in 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya...no over dribbling Trae knows what he’s doing even on off nights to start the game...he’s there when it’s time to finish.

Documented history right there. Last two games are pretty incredible proof.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cam1218 said:

If you don’t think he should start you have a good argument. Beyond that, I can’t find a reason why you wouldn’t want a guy with his skill set on our team.

That is the argument/discussion. On the board don't think it actually is an argument really as it is just disagreeing with LP consistently starting him. This game it was unavoidable though with Hunter MIA. When available Cam and Hunter should be the starting wings with very good minutes and would be surprised if any poster disagrees at this point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, enrique said:

In case you don't hop on twitter...Cuban is having a bit of a tantrum...read all his tweets in series...

I am a convert...same as I am for Trae...Ironically it came around the same time of the year when I realized we have a stud!!!

A twenty five thousand dollar fine does not mean a whole lot to Cuban don't think. Fast food money to him.