• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's all on you man.  A gentleman doesn't discuss such things but you Californication folks.....

It's definitely a judgement for the refs but i think they only call that basket interference if hitting the rim interferes with the ball in some way.  (oh no i did it!).

If there is any kind of ruling in mavs favor there better be a world of hell raised by hawks front office.  

britney-spears-oops-i-did-it-again.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Suck it, Cubes

He’s really irritating sometimes. It’s weird to hate somebody this much that’s in the western conference...

Actually I’ve done fine hating the Warriors since 86 😆 

My most hated teams list is taking shape.

30. Celts

29. Warriors

28. Mavs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't know what the rule is on paper regarding this type of bang bang play on a replay. First time I see this scenario play out. Regardless, this is so petty by the Mavs. If they were on the other end of this type of call and it resulted in a loss they would be doing the same up in arms whining. Just take responsibility for getting outplayed after assuming a win and resting your top guys and move on. 

Ya I think they really should just stop 🛑 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm rooting for a replay and I hope DAL absolutely needs this game for their playoff push or seeding.

Think about it, them needing this game but realizing they won't be able to use their top 2 players to get it.

Suck it, Cubes

I'm sure the odds of them winning the game even if the ruling had been a jump-ball couldn't have been over 10-15%

• Like 1

Refs did the right thing. Its only controversial because Cuban is mad and they lost.

Upon REVIEW, they deemed it an inadvertent whistle. Collins was mid air with the ball with no defender contesting his putback, and the ball went in. There is no conspiracy there. We were going to score the basket, PERIOD, Cuban cant deny that, You cant argue that they stopped playing because of the whistle because nobody stopped until well after the put back was scored.

We would have been the one's robbed if they took away the basket.

The refs did the right thing. Cuban wants to get technical and fine print/semantics the rulebook. At best case scenario for them. you get a jumpball down 2 points with ONLY the players that were on the floor at the time:

Seth Curry - 6'2, THJ- 6'5, Finney-Smith- 6'5, Justin Jackson- 6'7, Delon Wright- 6'7

versus our lineup of:

Trae- 6'1, Huerter- 6'7, Reddish- 6'8, Collins- 6'9, Dedmon- 6'11

Outsized at 4/5 positions, with Dedmon or Collins jumping against a guy 2 or more inches shorter, Im confident we win that jumpball. Now they have to foul (while 2-3 secs ran off the clock, you're at  about 6 secs left with us at the line) We have a great FT shooting lineup on the floor, we either knock both down and we're back to where we left off when they missed but now with even less time to work with or we miss one and you have to burn a timeout after another second or 2 ran off the clock. Youre still down with less time on the clock than what you were given when you inbounded and missed the shot. GAME OVER.

A lot can happen. but just calling it like you see it, they made the right call and gave Dallas about as good of a situation as possible to score quick and comeback.

Get over it Dallas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What?  Y'all didn't know I knew what a pyrrhic victory was?  I'm giving y'all double birds rite now.  I'm schmart.  I know things.

Well you certainly know about the science/art of reproduction guy.

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2020 at 5:15 PM, High5 said:

Hilarious. I think it was the correct call to begin with, but I'm not sure how anyone could honestly want a different result in that situation except for salty Mavs fans. It would a total sham to bail the Mavs out in that situation. 

They're also upset over the foul on Brunson. They could have a point there. The only replay I saw last night did look sketchy. Dedmon didn't seem to make a play on the ball. 

I also think Cuban wants the rim looked at from when Cam slammed so hard on the stolen pass. He thinks Cam should be arrested for destruction of property😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1