• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't have an issue with it especially when you go with who you trust down the stretch. LP has shown that he is trying to develop the core 5. He rode that horse. Bruno was playing well but LP doesn't trust Bruno right now. We all know he doesn't until Bruno puts together a string of good games together where he makes it a stupid decision to not play him.

Right now, it's just complaining to me. I watch too many games. Coaches do this all of the time. The only coach in the NBA who is primarily situational is Nick Nurse and he has his favorites too.

Hawks lost because they couldn't make shots in the 4th and Philly closed down the lane. I don't see how Bruno would have helped that but you guys do....

Player A defense on Embiid:  5 - 7 FG . . 1 - 1 FTs . . 12 pts given up . . . 2:49 matchup minutes

Player B defense on Embiid:  5 - 7 FG . . 4 - 4 FTs . . 14 pts given up . . . 4:22 matchup minutes

Player C defense on Embiid:  1 - 3 FG . . 4 - 4 Fts . . .  6 pts given up . . . 3:58 matchup minutes

Name Players A - B - and C

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bruno is getting overrated.  He's ok when he plays but he ain't movin' no needles and he ain't stoppin' nobody either.  He certainly isn't skrong enough to "stop" Embiid at home.  And that distinction has to be made.

Everybody pattin' him on the back for last night but let's not forget like a week or so ago in Atlanta he was purrin' like a baby kitten while they took that L.

How soon folks forget.

Whether it's Bruno or Dedmon out there it doesn't matter. The point is we can't have Collins/VC/Hunter or whatever the heck else on Embiid. PERIOD. Our lineup with Collins at center and Trae and Heurter out in the perimeter is a defensive catastrophe of historic proportions. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm all for Bruno playing more but I don't think that's the answer to more wins.  He looks ok on offense because he has no responsibilities other than crashing the offensive glass, which he does well.  D has been hit or miss.  I haven't been thrilled with DD but he's clearly better. 

The defense is actually the strength of Bruno's game, because he plays positional defense better than any big we have on the team.   Jones didn't do it.  Len did it better than Bruno, but fouled too much.  Dedmon is an active body that is a good weakside and help defender, but is super foul prone as well.

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Everyone knows Cam got cracked in the nose by Embiid and was bleeding all over the place right?  that may have impacted his minutes a bit. 

Seriously.  Cam played 37 and 39 minutes the prior two games.  This game he had some foul trouble and got knocked off the floor for a bit.  This was not that hard to understand.

• Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

Seriously.  Cam played 37 and 39 minutes the prior two games.  This game he had some foul trouble and got knocked off the floor for a bit.  This was not that hard to understand.

It's tha return ..... #AgendaSquawk

Must be tough to be a mod during an ourbreak.  I mean, if you want me to suit up and help just let me know.

MWAHAHHAAAA .. wait, is this thing still on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Whether it's Bruno or Dedmon out there it doesn't matter. The point is we can't have Collins/VC/Hunter or whatever the heck else on Embiid. PERIOD. Our lineup with Collins at center and Trae and Heurter out in the perimeter is a defensive catastrophe of historic proportions. 

Hunter guarding Embiid last night ( which actually happened during some of the ball rotations in that small ball lineup in the 4th quarter )

4 - 5 FG . . 1 - 1 FT . . 9 pts

In all last night, Embiid drew a whopping 7 shooting fouls and made 14 - 15 FTs

As President of the CamFam club, I rather Kevin starts. 

Why? 

1. We need to give Cam a chance to play as the top option on offense. Trae is only willing to do this if he's struggling. 

2. He's too inconsistent on defense. He slightly regressed of late. Of course he is good for elite plays but he has been missing rotations and jumping passing lanes of late, completely missing the ball. I want to see more discipline. 

3. I want to see 20 more games of .400 PPT or higher. If I keep seeing this, I am convinced he will breakout offensively next year. No need to rush him or Capela. 

4. I want to see him in the SL next year dominating the comp with Goodwin, Bruno, and our 1st rounder. I don't want to see Hunter in SL. He's proved enough. Cam still has to prove he can be a two way dynamo next year. 

2020-21 is what I am fully vested in for Reddish. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I still don't understand all this over reacting to losing to a better 76ers team at home.  

Oh we played small ball, well guess what, that small ball lineup beat Miami and Dallas.  That's our core young guys and yes they got taken to the cleaners last night, but we need to see how that lineup works against a very physical Philly team. 

Only thing I care about the remainder of the season is effort and how is the team fighting during games.  The Hawks could have laid down and given up down 21, but nope they fought back.  They are a young team and young teams are all inconsistent.

Everyone's starting to shut up about how great the Grizzlies are now that they are injured and have sent off some useful vets.  

Set your expectations for what this is and stop complaining is all I'm saying.  There's too much bad in this world to be sitting around complaining about a young Hawks team with tons of potential.  You can't argue with that comment #Agenda Squawk!

Part of #AgendaSquawk is also making excuses for certain players and/or coaches as to why they're not improving.

I don't think anybody posting on Hawksquawk truly expect the Hawks to win any more than 25 games this season.  The Hawks winning 30 games would be outstanding.

All we want to see is everyone making some sort of improvement game by game.  And for me, that includes the coach.  He does NOT get a pass in all of this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Lol. We gave up 38 points in the 4th. 22 of them to Embiid! Bruno had more points in 2 mins than Heurter did in 10 mins.

Heurter was 0-2 for 0 points 1 rebound 1 assist in 10 mins with a -17 in the 4th. Embiid feasted on our small lineup. 

This after our normal, balanced lineup with a heavy dose of Dedmon and Bruno held the 6ers to 22 points in the 3rd. 

The two quarters we went mainly small ball were the 1st and 4th quarter and we were outscored 44-79 and Embiid scored 35 points lol. TERRIBLE. 

Image result for facts gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1713962710_Brunoflag.thumb.jpg.79dcedfdd

You'll never see me say that I don't have a Bruno agenda.  I want that dude to play, especially when the alternatives are throwing Hunter and Vince Carter in at PF. I also want LP to start giving him consistent and extended minutes.  I've seen too many times when just adding a big body at the 4 spot, stabilizes the entire defense and gives us a few more chances on offense.

I see you skipped over that other post . . . so here it is again:

Player A defense on Embiid:  5 - 7 FG . . 1 - 1 FTs . . 12 pts given up . . . 2:49 matchup minutes

Player B defense on Embiid:  5 - 7 FG . . 4 - 4 FTs . . 14 pts given up . . . 4:22 matchup minutes

Player C defense on Embiid:  1 - 3 FG . . 4 - 4 Fts . . .  6 pts given up . . . 3:58 matchup minutes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dedmon, Bruno, Trae

😈

• Haha 3

Once again . . . this question is not that hard.   If we're truly not on agendas on this site, there should be no reason to avoid talking about this, and what it meant in last night's game.  Then again, avoid it like the Coronavirus, if you must.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Once again . . . this question is not that hard.   If we're truly not on agendas on this site, there should be no reason to avoid talking about this, and what it meant in last night's game.  Then again, avoid it like the Coronavirus, if you must.

IDK, you tell me. I thought you was once I said true. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let me take a wild stab and guess that this random stat SUPPORTS your argument.   I think no one cares that much so you may just want to tell us.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Part of #AgendaSquawk is also making excuses for certain players and/or coaches as to why they're not improving.

I don't think anybody posting on Hawksquawk truly expect the Hawks to win any more than 25 games this season.  The Hawks winning 30 games would be outstanding.

All we want to see is everyone making some sort of improvement game by game.  And for me, that includes the coach.  He does NOT get a pass in all of this.

This is pretty much it. 99% of posters on this board have been critical of someone. It just riles the Coach apologist to put some of the blame on LP instead of whatever player they want benched or traded.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1