• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Entire young Hawk team is still growing.  Give them time to mature.  They aren't there yet.  Patience.

Am trying but you know, maybe not hard enough....first and fourth last night are an example of the taxing part of our patience. The coaching has got to take a major step up, right now probably moreso than our guys on the floor. Was a winnable game even shorthanded as we were.

22 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Am trying but you know, maybe not hard enough....first and fourth last night are an example of the taxing part of our patience. The coaching has got to take a major step up, right now probably moreso than our guys on the floor. Was a winnable game even shorthanded as we were.

I didn't think the coaching was bad last night. Especially in the 2nd half. I didn't agree with the mins played but we are in playoff mode, we did this last year

• Premium Member

Another 1st quarter getting down big - can't score, can't defend. There was a lot of 1-fers in the 1st.  

We battled back to take the lead at the end of the 3rd, then it quickly went in the crapper.

1-4, 1-6, 1-4, 1-3, 0-1, 0-4, 2-5, 2-11 = 8 for 38/21% from 3. 🤢

Since the ASB, our SGs have been struggling shooting from 3 - Huerter: 5-20/25%, Reddish: 1-15/20% - this is unexpected. What the hell happened???

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Another 1st quarter getting down big - can't score, can't defend. There was a lot of 1-fers in the 1st.  

We battled back to take the lead at the end of the 3rd, then it quickly went in the crapper.

Since the ASB, our SGs have been struggling shooting from 3 - Huerter: 5-20/25%, Reddish: 1-15/20% - this is unexpected. What the hell happened???

They lost their rhythm 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unfortunately, this is 6.7%.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Embiid was too much tonight but nice effort from Hunter and Trae has a down game and nearly triple doubled. Collins remains active. Good effort. Young team there will be some chances to learn things from tonight’s game. 

Huerter needs to work on consistency. He seems to be a real key to whether we can space and shoot. If he’s on we look pretty good if not, kinda like tonight. Nice outta bounce oop pass to Cam late though.

Lets regroup and get a W at home against the Magic on Wednesday. 

Go Hawks!

ps Did Embiid give Hunter the middle finger 🖕🏿 late in the game? 🤔 What was that about? He’s mad that it was stolen or what? Maaaaaaaaan... 

To be fair Heurter is pretty consistently not good. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't think the coaching was bad last night. Especially in the 2nd half. I didn't agree with the mins played but we are in playoff mode, we did this last year

Going small in the 4th with JC at center and not subbing Heurter for Bruno was a massive blunder. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Going small in the 4th with JC at center and not subbing Heurter for Bruno was a massive blunder. 

I didn't have an issue with it especially when you go with who you trust down the stretch. LP has shown that he is trying to develop the core 5. He rode that horse. Bruno was playing well but LP doesn't trust Bruno right now. We all know he doesn't until Bruno puts together a string of good games together where he makes it a stupid decision to not play him.

Right now, it's just complaining to me. I watch too many games. Coaches do this all of the time. The only coach in the NBA who is primarily situational is Nick Nurse and he has his favorites too.

Hawks lost because they couldn't make shots in the 4th and Philly closed down the lane. I don't see how Bruno would have helped that but you guys do....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Gotta believe Clint Capela would have been nice to have available VS the Sixers.

With the Hawks not yet at 100%, we have hopes for better things coming our way next season....

:smug:

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Huerter is probably getting tired by now.  We all complain that our bench is not very good.  We complain that Huerter plays too many minutes.  He does.  Yet, there is our weak bench.

If Atlanta ever has a 100% healthy roster, things should improve all round.  We have 2 new players we have never seen in their Hawk uniform and another who has missed a lot of recent games (Bremby) because he has been injured.

When we all complain about Red Velvet, remember how old he is and how many years experience he has in the NBA.  Pray that he has a healthy off season and that he comes back, ready to play.  He's still learning.  He hasn't improved this season.  One reason is, he hasn't had time.  Been too busy, playing.

Entire young Hawk team is still growing.  Give them time to mature.  They aren't there yet.  Patience.

:sun:

time+machine.gif

At least the Excuse machine still works around here but not much else especially LP's rotations!

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't have an issue with it especially when you go with who you trust down the stretch. LP has shown that he is trying to develop the core 5. He rode that horse. Bruno was playing well but LP doesn't trust Bruno right now. We all know he doesn't until Bruno puts together a string of good games together where he makes it a stupid decision to not play him.

Hawks lost because they couldn't make shots in the 4th and Philly closed down the lane. I don't see how Bruno would have helped that but you guys do....

So you don't see a problem with giving up 41 points in the 1st quarter and 38 points in 4th quarter. That should be our standard every night and so long as we just hit threes we will win.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Let's just hire Nick Nurse and Steve Kerr so all these folks will be happy.

I'll hang up and listen.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Young teams are basically never good defensive teams. We have to score if we want to win.

Sorry, bleach-head.  You've got it wrong (again).  It's just CLP's rotations that are to blame. 🙄

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

On our current roster (and not counting Skal and Capela since they haven't played yet), he ranks:

#4 in WS, #4 in BPM, #4 in VORP, #5 in PER 

Hunter and Cam rate below him in every one of these categories.  

For +/-, the team is +79 when he is on the floor for the season but -23 when Hunter is on the floor and -37 when Reddish is on the floor.  

He has regressed this season but still been the most consistent of our young wings.  That might not be great considering that he hasn't made the positive progress that others have but for consistency he is your guy here and it has netted to a positive differential for a team that has been outscored by a lot over the season.

I think he is easy to envision as a value add guy who can handle the ball and pass the ball a little and drill perimeter jumpers off the bench.  That has value in this league and if he can improve on defense and/or get more aggressive offensively there is notable upside from there.

All of our wings have been overall garbage. That's not news. But Cam has been considerably better than Heurter for a while and should be starting. 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Let's just hire Nick Nurse and Steve Kerr so all these folks will be happy.

I'll hang up and listen.

These guys would hate Steve Kerr and they would think Nurse is doing too much for a young team to handle

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2