• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This is pretty much it. 99% of posters on this board have been critical of someone. It just riles the Coach apologist to put some of the blame on LP instead of whatever player they want benched or traded.

Hell, 99% of the posters on this board believe that the Hawks are going to be able to just flip a switch and go from bad to championship contender when they feel enough talent has been amassed through the draft.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think there is a single poster who thinks LP doesn't deserve some criticism.  But there are a bunch who seem to have decided that he sucks and should be fired because he can't win games with a broken roster.  That's the extreme position that i have an issue with.  

Any time I have a criticism of LP he has already been blamed for every aspect of the loss so I usually just forget it. I understand people wanting to be able pin everything on one person so it feels easy to fix, but that’s just a fantasy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think there is a single poster who thinks LP doesn't deserve some criticism.  But there are a bunch who seem to have decided that he sucks and should be fired because he can't win games with a broken roster.  That's the extreme position that i have an issue with.  

I will decide next season if he should go; but I will still be critical. Especially on nights Dedmon is in foul trouble and I see both him and Fernando on the bench at the same time for extended minutes.

If this is his way of growing players, not only do I expect more wins next season but I also expect to see growth.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

There's only a few that want him fired.  I don't want him fired.  I want him to LEARN.  Stop this small ball crap and put balanced lineups out on the floor. If one of the young wings ( Huerter, Reddish, Hunter ) has to get a few less minutes, so be it.  Just play the hot guy or the guy that's impacting the game positively the most.   Hunter, Huerter, and Reddish are below average rebounding wings at this point in their careers.  We can't play small if one of those guys can't get us at least 6 - 7 rebounds a game.

Dedmon helps, but he can't stay on the floor.  Despite leading the team in Rebounds per 36 at 11.1, he also commits a whopping 7.1 fouls per 36 minutes.  That's even more than Bruno's foul rate, which is ridiculous at 5.7 fouls per 36.  Jones is at 5.9 fouls per 36, by the way.

Still, he pretty much has to play at least 2 bigs at all times, because the wings just aren't physical players.

There are coaches around the league ( even younger in tenure than LP ), that seem to be able to get a grasp of what lineups work against specific matchups.  I can't say that LP is at that point as a coach yet.  He'll get there . . . hopefully.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I will decide next season if he should go; but I will still be critical. Especially on nights Dedmon is in foul trouble and I see both him and Fernando on the bench at the same time for extended minutes.

If this is his way of growing players, not only do I expect more wins next season but I also expect to see growth.

I should've read your post before typing mine.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Still, he pretty much has to play at least 2 bigs at all times, because the wings just aren't physical players.

He just won't do it and some fans agree with him for some unknown reason despite the loses!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There's only a few that want him fired.  I don't want him fired.  I want him to LEARN.  Stop this small ball crap and put balanced lineups out on the floor. If one of the young wings ( Huerter, Reddish, Hunter ) has to get a few less minutes, so be it.  Just play the hot guy or the guy that's impacting the game positively the most.   Hunter, Huerter, and Reddish are below average rebounding wings at this point in their careers.  We can't play small if one of those guys can't get us at least 6 - 7 rebounds a game.

Dedmon helps, but he can't stay on the floor.  Despite leading the team in Rebounds per 36 at 11.1, he also commits a whopping 7.1 fouls per 36 minutes.  That's even more than Bruno's foul rate, which is ridiculous at 5.7 fouls per 36.  Jones is at 5.9 fouls per 36, by the way.

There are coaches around the league ( even younger in tenure than LP ), that seem to be able to get a grasp of what lineups work against specific matchups.  I can't say that LP is at that point as a coach yet.  He'll get there . . . hopefully.  

Bruno belongs in the GLeague.

Come at me, bro.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bruno belongs in the GLeague.

Come at me, bro.

Lol. Dude Bruno and Goodwin play like it’s the last game. Get them more minutes. Conversely he gets more touches regardless in G league and sharpens his skills and confidence. Win win for me either way but dude plays tough.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol. Dude Bruno and Goodwin play like it’s the last game. Get them more minutes. Conversely he gets more touches regardless in G league and sharpens his skills and confidence. Win win for me either way but dude plays tough.

I know.  I was just messin' with 'Cyde.  Kinda like those Messin' with Sasquatch commercials.

But Bruno, at this point, is just a live body out there.  He's generally active which is good.  But not really this gamechanger 'Cyde makes him out to be.

Perhaps we can't invest in developing the wangs AND Bruno at the same time?  I'd gladly sacrifice Bruno's season in the name of bringing the wangs along first.  I think maybe that's what we're seeing?

Any thoughts?

No, I didn't say 'any thots'.

:Bob: "Dayum.  You know I likes me some thots."

Bawb?!

Bruno is overrated here. If he didnt get himself in to foul trouble he could get more minutes. He has game, he has potential.

Dedmon hasnt been much better with foul trouble, but he has earned a longer leash through his time over the years. 

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya we can bring Bruno along with the wings they go hand in hand. Bruno’s hustle allows more opportunity for those wings. 

I'm with @RedDawg#8 ... never thought I'd be "with" a red dawg but ... I agree we've overrated Bruno.  We like him.  He's our guy, but he's just a guy.  He's replaceable.

You don't think a guy like Harry Giles could step in and make us better?

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm with @RedDawg#8 ... never thought I'd be "with" a red dawg but ... I agree we've overrated Bruno.  We like him.  He's our guy, but he's just a guy.  He's replaceable.

You don't think a guy like Harry Giles could step in and make us better?

Not sure what Giles situation is or his contract but we drafted Bruno and he’s showing a lot of raw talent. I’m not saying he’s awesome like some but the guy is putting in effort comparable or better than any center we’ve had out there this year. I’m just saying let’s groom him since he’s ours now.

I don’t hate Giles. I know he has a ton of talent but went through a ton of injuries as well. Is he fully healed?