Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

22 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Hawks would have been better off keeping Parker until the offseason. I had my doubts that the Dedmon move would help and it hasn’t. He seemed helpful the first two games, but nothing since.

NO way. Jabari couldnt leave fast enough..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Because most fans are more focused on winning this season than LP is imo....

Next season he better be focused. Schlenk spends Ressler's money next season to upgrade this woeful bench, the win now mentality will be full throttle. Press for a playoff spot or bust.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LP was right about Philly dropping the PnR and forcing us to make shots. I think Kevin mins needs to be fixed. 38 mins is insanity 

Collins 39 minutes, Hunter 39 Minutes, Huerter 38 Minutes, Trae 36 Minutes. He keeps this up and fans in the know will start calling him Nick Nurse Junior for running his players into the ground.

Not a whole lot of minutes left to develop Reddish and Fernando either.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Collins 39 minutes, Hunter 39 Minutes, Huerter 38 Minutes, Trae 36 Minutes. He keeps this up and fans in the know will start calling him Nick Nurse Junior for running his players into the ground.

Not a whole lot of minutes left to develop Reddish and Fernando either.

LP can't be playing anyone not named Trae 35+ if they aren't playing well. Hunter got hurt and still got 39 mins

• Like 3

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Sigh, y'all worse than real gm tonight. 

Agenda Squawk at it's best.

Goodnight y'all. 

I don't think its a agenda when your HC plays four players almost 40 minutes in a blow out loss. Seriously where is the love for Reddish and Fernando? Especially with Collins and Dedmon getting owned by Embiid. Then you have Huerter on a off night. Here is a clue for LP, if Huerter is not playing well, a bad Reddish is still better defensively by miles.

Its like he thought we had a championship lineup with those four and it was game 7 of a playoff game. No flexibility to change mid game at all.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't think its a agenda when your HC plays four players almost 40 minutes in a blow out loss. Seriously where is the love for Reddish and Fernando? Especially with Collins and Dedmon getting owned by Embiid. Then you have Huerter on a off night. Here is a clue for LP, if Huerter is not playing well, a bad Reddish is still better defensively by miles.

Its like he thought we had a championship lineup with those four and it was game 7 of a playoff game. No flexibility to change mid game at all.

I don't mind the heavy minutes by the starters. This is how the game used to be coached. Plus those guys are young and can handle the playing load.

I just get irritated with LP trying to play small with guys who aren't a physical bunch and are schizophrenic shooters at best.

The obvious call was to let Bruno and Collins close out that game on the front line vs Embiid. Let Bruno body him, while Collins provide the weak side defense.

But the so-called defensive coach never inserts defensive lineups to get him back in a game. 

Games like these are why I can't get on the LP bandwagon. He's even more inconsistent with his coaching and personnel groupings, than the young guys are with their play on the court.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't mind the heavy minutes by the starters. This is how the game used to be coached. Plus those guys are young and can handle the playing load.

I just get irritated with LP trying to play small with guys who aren't a physical bunch and are schizophrenic shooters at best.

The obvious call was to let Bruno and Collins close out that game on the front line vs Embiid. Let Bruno body him, while Collins provide the weak side defense.

But the so-called defensive coach never inserts defensive lineups to get him back in a game. 

Games like these are why I can't get on the LP bandwagon. He's even more inconsistent with his coaching and personnel groupings, than the young guys are with their play on the court.

I’m a LP supporter but I got to agree on this part....his rotations have been very suspect dating back to last season. 

there were times last season it felt like trae was getting hot and LP pulls him from the game and I’m talking before Traes second half season breakout last season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

LP was right about Philly dropping the PnR and forcing us to make shots. I think Kevin mins needs to be fixed. 38 mins is insanity 

Yeah huerters minutes need to be bench minutes. Cam is a starter on this team. I’d much rather have cams defense on the court with his possible offensive shortcomings than huerters one dimensional effectiveness.

Huerter is not Kyle korver, klay Thompson, jj reddick type at this stage of his career. He doesn’t deserve minutes by default like that right now. Good shooter but certainly not a great shooter.

• Like 3

Gotta believe Clint Capela would have been nice to have available VS the Sixers.

With only 2 home losses, Hawks would have probably went down but it surely would have been much closer.  A few 3 pointers from Skal would have also been nice.

With the Hawks not yet at 100%, we have hopes for better things coming our way next season....

:smug:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Young team there will be some chances to learn things from tonight’s game. 

Like don't go tiny when one of the best centers is in the game for the other guys and is smoking hot to boot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Gotta believe Clint Capela would have been nice to have available VS the Sixers.

With only 2 home losses, Hawks would have probably went down but it surely would have been much closer.  A few 3 pointers from Skal would have also been nice.

With the Hawks not yet at 100%, we have hopes for better things coming our way next season....

:smug:

Not if LP insists on putting small lineups on the floor against much larger teams.. 

Even LP himself said that "those guys" ( meaning his players ) can't expect Capela to come in and make the defense all better.  They still need to give effort and improve their individual defense.  And he's exactly right.

But news flash to the coach: YOU can't expect it either. YOU have to put the correct lineups on the floor so you don't create defensive mismatches.

• Like 1