• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Young teams are basically never good defensive teams. We have to score if we want to win.

I understand the difference between us, 28th in defensive efficiency, and the Heat, 14th in defensive efficiency; but if your expectations are we need to score 130 points to win a game, I think you are wrong.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They are both solid, but let's face it, they really lucked out to start out their head coaching careers with talented rosters.

Noooooo, it's all about their "rotations".  And us dudes who haven't seen one single practice have got it all figured out. 🙄

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

These guys would hate Steve Kerr and they would think Nurse is doing too much for a young team to handle

Eggsactly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Noooooo, it's all about their "rotations".  And us dudes who haven't seen one single practice have got it all figured out. 🙄

Eggsactly.

Maybe not all figured out but I mentioned changing things up with a zone over a month ago. A lot of us arm chair coaches have been calling for Vince to stop being used as a PF. LP is finally listening to us. Now he just needs to let me call it when Huerter is having a poor game and he really needs to stay away from Collins at Center against some of the most dominant bigs in the game.

This is not about winning every game; its about trying to win every game. Collins against Drummond, Embiid, etc is trying to lose in my honest opinion.

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly.

The Flip Side:

You figured it all without going to one practice that LP is a great coach and our players are at fault for every loss. I am not holding my breath waiting on LP's HOF speech that I am sure according to you is only a matter of time.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ooooohhhh dun dun chhhh dun dun ccchhhh.the gauntlet has been thrown! 🍿 

The problem with coaching is you only have a few things to look at: win/loss and then players minutes and performance. Its way more eye test than keeping up with players.

I am giving LP next season; but that does not mean I have to be happy with every rotation he throws out there. Just like some are not happy with every shot a player takes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The Flip Side:

You figured it all without going to one practice that LP is a great coach and our players are at fault for every loss. I am not holding my breath waiting on LP's HOF speech that I am sure according to you is only a matter of time.

My stance is not that he's a great coach.  My stance is that constantly rotating coaches is more detrimental than just sticking with and empowering a guy you thought, through the hiring process, was the right man for the job in the first place.

The overwhelming evidence is on my side.  This isn't even an argument.  You are Apollo and I am Ivan Drago, on this issue.  I can't understand why your corner hasn't thrown the dayum towel yet.

I must break you, buzzr'd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

You want a coach that can make prime talent a contender.  There's no legit way to evaluate that when the whole team are rookies and below average vets.  Have they quit listening to the coach?  have they quit improving?  does the coach seem overmatched?  these are the questions you can ask and they are all 'no' so far as i can tell.

• Like 4

Just now, kg01 said:

My stance is not that he's a great coach.  My stance is that constantly rotating coaches is more detrimental than just sticking with and empowering a guy you thought, through the hiring process, was the right man for the job in the first place.

The overwhelming evidence is on my side.  This isn't even an argument.  You are Apollo and I am Ivan Drago, on this issue.  I can't understand why your corner hasn't thrown the dayum towel yet.

I must break you, buzzr'd.

Next year is his end all, be all for me. I am almost to the point of just listening to games so I don't have to watch Vince at PF or Collins at Center anymore. Then I just need to stay away from the box scores so I also don't see Reddish with only 20 minutes or Fernando with less than 15 ( with Capela out ). I know that under 15 minute mark is coming. This was his first game over that in his last six games.

Its all good. I did not necessarily expect a win but I did expect a better effort in the 4th after fighting back in the 3rd.

Vet coaches want vet players. Look at Bud, I mean I think he liked it here and we treated him well, until we decided to rebuild. Coaches have career timelines much like players.

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The problem with coaching is you only have a few things to look at: win/loss and then players minutes and performance. Its way more eye test than keeping up with players.

I am giving LP next season; but that does not mean I have to be happy with every rotation he throws out there. Just like some are not happy with every shot a player takes.

LP should have us in the playoffs next year. If he doesn’t, then heads might turn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Vet coaches want vet players. Look at Bud, I mean I think he liked it here and we treated him well, until we decided to rebuild. Coaches have career timelines much like players.

LP should have us in the playoffs next year. If he doesn’t, then heads might turn.

The bottom seeds, 7,8, 9 and 10, in the East are a lot worse then I thought they would be. The Nets will change next year but everyone else looks easily catchable. Its really frustrating to look the standings right now with 7 and 8 being under .500. I think this could have been a playoff year without Collins suspension.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sturt said:

That's the Bruno I was anticipating seeing, and I anticipate seeing more of.

That Bruno also needs the same opportunity to succeed or fail. LP doesn't extend Bruno's minutes unless absolutely forced to.  It reminds me of how Jeff Teague was treated by both Woody and Larry Drew.

If you guys remember, Teague really didn't get his shot to play extended minutes until Kirk Hinrich went down in the 2011 playoffs.

Then all of a sudden, Teague proved that he could not only handle extended minutes, he also proved that he could be an impact player.

Hot take: Bruno's overall offensive game ( passing, shooting, etc ) is better than Dedmon's, and possibly Capela's, who is an elite rim runner and offensive rebounder, but doesn't possess the shooting and playmaker elements.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Next year is his end all, be all for me. I am almost to the point of just listening to games so I don't have to watch Vince at PF or Collins at Center anymore. Then I just need to stay away from the box scores so I also don't see Reddish with only 20 minutes or Fernando with less than 15 ( with Capela out ). I know that under 15 minute mark is coming. This was his first game over that in his last six games.

Its all good. I did not necessarily expect a win but I did expect a better effort in the 4th after fighting back in the 3rd.

Schlank has a hand in this.  To me, the failing of this year is on him for horrid roster construction.  Why is Vintz still needed?  Because Schlank failed to address a clear hole in the roster.  CLP can't run guys into the ground to try to avoid playing old-man vintz.

Long story long, don't absolve Schlank here.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Everyone knows Cam got cracked in the nose by Embiid and was bleeding all over the place right?  that may have impacted his minutes a bit. 

Nah, it's all about reading box scores to determine "rotations".  No need to watch the games, bro. 🙄

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm all for Bruno playing more but I don't think that's the answer to more wins.  He looks ok on offense because he has no responsibilities other than crashing the offensive glass, which he does well.  D has been hit or miss.  I haven't been thrilled with DD but he's clearly better. 

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm all for Bruno playing more but I don't think that's the answer to more wins.  He looks ok on offense because he has no responsibilities other than crashing the offensive glass, which he does well.  D has been hit or miss.  I haven't been thrilled with DD but he's clearly better. 

Bruno is getting overrated.  He's ok when he plays but he ain't movin' no needles and he ain't stoppin' nobody either.  He certainly isn't skrong enough to "stop" Embiid at home.  And that distinction has to be made.

Everybody pattin' him on the back for last night but let's not forget like a week or so ago in Atlanta he was purrin' like a baby kitten while they took that L.

How soon folks forget.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't have an issue with it especially when you go with who you trust down the stretch. LP has shown that he is trying to develop the core 5. He rode that horse. Bruno was playing well but LP doesn't trust Bruno right now. We all know he doesn't until Bruno puts together a string of good games together where he makes it a stupid decision to not play him.

Right now, it's just complaining to me. I watch too many games. Coaches do this all of the time. The only coach in the NBA who is primarily situational is Nick Nurse and he has his favorites too.

Hawks lost because they couldn't make shots in the 4th and Philly closed down the lane. I don't see how Bruno would have helped that but you guys do....

Lol. We gave up 38 points in the 4th. 22 of them to Embiid! Bruno had more points in 2 mins than Heurter did in 10 mins.

Heurter was 0-2 for 0 points 1 rebound 1 assist in 10 mins with a -17 in the 4th. Embiid feasted on our small lineup. 

This after our normal, balanced lineup with a heavy dose of Dedmon and Bruno held the 6ers to 22 points in the 3rd. 

The two quarters we went mainly small ball were the 1st and 4th quarter and we were outscored 44-79 and Embiid scored 35 points lol. TERRIBLE. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1