• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I see the problem now.

Okay, lay out your expectations.  If you aren't willing to do that.  Why complain? Your problem is you never want to be held accountable for all these hot-takes you throw out there. 

It's okay to put your expectations, but you don't want to do that because you just want to complain to complain.  

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Agreed.  Trae is our brightest star.  A poster for the Cavs (Re4alGM) called him a fake star.  Hawks are his team.  When they win, he usually gets his share of glory.  Therefore, in our loses he must share the blame.  It's a two way street.

Imagine the outcry if, for the final 5 minutes, Trae was on the bench.  

:smug:

If the Hawks dont win this year, Cavs fans wont be the only ones calling him that...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Lebron, Kawhi, Harden, and I'm  struggling with Giannis. Superstars can carry their team's. Stars need help

So youre saying Trae doesn't have help? Or are you saying we dont have a 2nd star?

Edited by terrell

• Moderators

People forget what life was like before Trae.   I didn't much enjoy watching Dennis drive for a right handed layup over and over and miss threes.   or Baze and Prince on the job dribble training.   Whether you think he's a star or whether he contributes to a winning team sure, we can debate that.  But there's no denying he's the most talented player we've had in a while. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They need help being championship contenders not to beat the Cavs or the Knicks at home

So is he a star player or not? lol

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Rondo won't be playing in the 4th during crunch time so let's stop with that nonsense. This is Trae's team and he will determine wins and loses in close games in the 4th because the ball will be in his hands not someone else's period! This isn't his rookie season.

The 4th quarter is 12 minutes long.  Letting Trae get a meaningful break and not having the team fall apart while that break happens is important to finishing games strong.  

Not sure what you are calling nonsense other than your own red herring.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I saying that he is the star of the team and when the game is on the line and his usage rate is 41, he should not have more turnover than assist nor should his efg be 37%. That's all.

So those are areas he needs to improve on, got it.

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Lebron, Kawhi, Harden, and I'm  struggling with Giannis. Superstars can carry their team's. Stars need help

Even Superstar like Lebron, Kawhi and Harden that can carry their teams, they still need help....LBJ has been teaming up with the cream of the crop in Wade, Bosh and AD to win championships.

• Thanks 1

Positives for the new season:

-Trae is still putting up elite numbers

-Much improved bench

-Hunter looks like the real deal

-Better rebounding

-Not getting blown out 

Negatives for the new season:

-Trae is still struggling with turnovers and cold shooting

-Bench is mostly injured

-Cam is struggling

-Bogi going cold

-Capela free throw shooting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators

Given Hunter's play I'm wondering if he should get more touches.   At some point i think we have to go to Trae/Bogi/Hunter/Collins/Capela as starters.   Also feels like when Gallo is back we could see a bit of Collins/Gallo frontcourt and let Capela make hay against opposing teams benches. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Positives for the new season:

-Trae is still putting up elite numbers

-Much improved bench

-Hunter looks like the real deal

-Better rebounding

-Not getting blown out 

Negatives for the new season:

-Trae is still struggling with turnovers and cold shooting

-Bench is mostly injured

-Cam is struggling

-Bogi going cold

-Capela free throw shooting

Good summation.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Given Hunter's play I'm wondering if he should get more touches.   At some point i think we have to go to Trae/Bogi/Hunter/Collins/Capela as starters.   Also feels like when Gallo is back we could see a bit of Collins/Gallo frontcourt and let Capela make hay against opposing teams benches. 

Yes, more touches for Hunter, he has a mismatch at SF on switches. He's too big, quick and strong for most.

When Gallo was available, we saw the Collins/Gallo combination.  His ability to handle the ball and make plays from that position is invaluable.

Edit: I'd be concerned about the defense with a Trae/Bogi backcourt. Who would have guarded Irving and Durant with that lineup?

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Even Superstar like Lebron, Kawhi and Harden that can carry their teams, they still need help....LBJ has been teaming up with the cream of the crop in Wade, Bosh and AD to win championships.

His cleveland teams especially early in his career were garbage.  The 2nd best player on the team he carried to the finals early was Mo Williams.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What has Bogi done to deserve a pass for his poor play?

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, more touches for Hunter, he has a mismatch at SF on switches. He's too big, quick and strong for most.

When Gallo was available, we saw the Collins/Gallo combination.  His ability to handle the ball and make plays from that position is invaluable.

Edit: I'd be concerned about the defense with a Trae/Bogi backcourt. Who would have guarded Irving and Durant with that lineup?

I think defining the roles removes some of the roster advantage the Hawks have.  That is.....flexibility. When playing the Nets, you need to have Cam and Hunter on Kyrie and KD as they are the best D guys you have. They can at least aggravate the heck out of those two elite players. However, the Nets are the exception not the rule as most teams don't have 2 elite offensive players. So most nights, you can go with a Trae / Bogie backcourt and be ok with Hunter picking up the toughest D assignment. 

The ideal scenario is Cam coming around offensively as we can all see he has ELITE defensive potential. If we can insert him into the starting group next to Trae without worrying about being an offensive liability, all the better. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I think defining the roles removes some of the roster advantage the Hawks have.  That is.....flexibility. When playing the Nets, you need to have Cam and Hunter on Kyrie and KD as they are the best D guys you have. They can at least aggravate the heck out of those two elite players. However, the Nets are the exception not the rule as most teams don't have 2 elite offensive players. So most nights, you can go with a Trae / Bogie backcourt and be ok with Hunter picking up the toughest D assignment. 

The ideal scenario is Cam coming around offensively as we can all see he has ELITE defensive potential. If we can insert him into the starting group next to Trae without worrying about being an offensive liability, all the better. 

Our starts are not the problem though.