• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks -- the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Leonard rode his midrange shot all the way to a championship with Toronto. I can't believe teams continued to focus on jacking up threes after witnessing that. 

You need a three level offense in the playoffs.  If they are giving you the midrange and you're good at shooting them, TAKE them! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So why do you post so much hate about him like he won't improve.  HIS shot selection and turnovers. All you post about.  You never say, well damn, Trae just got us 20 points on 8 shots, had 13 assists with 6 turnovers, for a two one assist ratio, and 8 freaking rebounds.  However, he needs to cut down the turnovers and I'd love to see some improved shot selection. 

The ONLY thing I see you post is the negative about Trae Young.  Now, I've become accustom to your Lloyd Pierce hate, but it seems for you to always be defending every bad thing said about every other player on the team, you should have a little more nuance in your criticisms.  

Check the post from the 1st 2 games my friend.  I give credit when credit is due unlike you and others that have your favorites.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Check the post from the 1st 2 games my friend.  I give credit when credit is due unlike you and others that have your favorites.

That's where we disagree, I have much less favorites than you do. I admit my Cam love.  However, if Cam goes 0-30 and the Hawks win. I wouldn't care.  You're on here complaining about John getting 8 shots and the Hawks having a win.  

So who has the favorites? 

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

That's where we disagree, I have much less favorites than you do. I admit my Cam love.  However, if Cam goes 0-30 and the Hawks win. I wouldn't care.  You're on here complaining about John getting 8 shots and the Hawks having a win.  

So who has the favorites? 

The win was against a G-league team....My goodness, the bar is so low here that its underground.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Trae had a great game.   Almost a triple double despite being in foul trouble and only taking 8 shots.   

Except those 4 TOs in the 2nd quarter in a 4 minute stretch...it was uuuugly. He was in too much of a hurry to make the big play, sometimes SIMPLE is better.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Except those 4 TOs in the 2nd quarter in a 4 minute stretch...it was uuuugly. He was in too much of a hurry to make the big play, sometimes SIMPLE is better.

There were so many TOs in this game it was crazy.   Hunter had 6, capela had 4, Solo managed 3 in 15 minutes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Folks don't want to admit it and there's a lot of complaining about JC 'not being used right' but the Hawks are at their best when both he and Capela are on the floor.

The more they play together, the better their understanding of each other should become.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

There were so many TOs in this game it was crazy.   Hunter had 6, capela had 4, Solo managed 3 in 15 minutes

Yep, I posted the last half of the 2nd quarter meltdown. It was BRUTAL giving away the ball like Oprah giving away cars.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Folks don't want to admit it and there's a lot of complaining about JC 'not being used right' but the Hawks are at their best when both he and Capela are on the floor.

I've been complaining the whole year about this and so has John himself.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We were a g-league team last year and now those same young players are 6-7.  The young guys are growing.  A win is a win.  We beat a g league 76ers team that went on to sweep Miami in the next two games.  It's more nuance than you're implying. 

You're bragging about 6-7 with losses to the Hornets twice, Cleveland and New York at home?