• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks -- the MLK Day Game!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I’ll tell you why, because he is not moving at all, because is clear he is not trying, because it seems he is not believing in what he is been asked to do.

We look bad and Travis need to fix this. Obvious choice is coach, there are no authomatisms on offense and is stupid, everyone takes more shots than Trae and Collins. You need to preserve the value of your team.  

This^^^^  You mean Brandon Goodwin shouldn't take more shots than Collins???  Everyone wants to celebrate this win like they played somebody but the reality is that the team's coaching staff was exposed once again

Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

FIRST PLACE* HAWKS!

(* by virtue of the Magic losing today... 1st in the Dirty South Division... We'll take it1)

~lw3

I pointed this out.  It's pretty hilarious through the rough patch of games, we're still first in the division!  

• Like 2

Just now, Peoriabird said:

This^^^^  You mean Brandon Goodwin shouldn't take more shots than Collins???  Everyone once to celebrate this win like they played somebody but the reality is that the team's coaching staff was exposed once again

You are agreeing with a guy that said we should trade Trae.  Not one peep you defending Trae like you're defending Collins.  Do you think we should trade Trae while his value is at its highest like @gurpilo suggested?

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all talking about Trae like its his rookie season LOL!

Getting his numbers was different when players were standing still in the corner and he was just spamming pnr. With bodies moving and the ball in his hands less, Trae won't be able to dictate the offense to match his tempo like last season. He's adjusting to playing off of others and recognizing when to keep it moving and when to be aggressive.

There are some plays where he got to the middle and picked up his dribble looking around for open teamates. You got to pass it off and let your teamate create pressure off of the chaos you created. 

Other times he would over dribble or just go under the rim and back out. Sometimes that's fine but other times you gotta pass it out and move. 

Soon it'll become second nature. Yall saw Denver last year.

Edited by aali34

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

You are agreeing with a guy that said we should trade Trae.  Not one peep you defending Trae like you're defending Collins.  Do you think we should trade Trae while his value is at its highest like @gurpilo suggested?

There is no defense of Trae's  play now.  What is there to defend??

• Premium Member
Just now, EazyRoc said:

I just want to say..ya know so no one forgets..in the Dark Ages of RealGM (Squawk was down)..that Deandre Hunter was my guy all along..if anybody wanted to know 🤣

This is 90% of the Message Board right about now!  LOL!

• Premium Member
Just now, hawkman said:

You guys have to let Trae develop. I think some fans were spoiled by him playing well above expectations last season. A second year PG averaging 29 and 9 is not normal. This is his first season without free rein on offense and he's struggling to adjust right now.  I'm just glad he's making a conscious effort to play winning basketball. There are some bad habits still there from the junk basketball the Hawks played the past two seasons that will take time to resolve. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

8 min for Rondo? When BG is playing terrible? WTH is going on?

Rondo did nothing in those 8 minutes. At least watch the games if you're going to complain.. 

On a positive note, how about JC's defense today? He's finally figuring out how to defend without fouling every time. Hunter is a beast. Trae will be fine and a lot of people will be eating crow around here (actually, they'll probably complain that he didn't get 45 points instead of only 42).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Exactly, how can anyone be down on him when he's trying to transition to better team ball? Once it clicks some of yall will owe that man an apology.

As long as he’s one of the absolute easiest  defenders to exploit in the league he can’t expect any apologies from me.  When his offense is off it somehow gets even worse.  On ball, weak side, transition, he never pulls his weight and it energizes the opposition as they know he’s always the pressure release.  Ive never seen a PG have 5 fouls with still no physical imprint on the game.  I know many don’t like +/- and that’s fine but Trae’s advantage over Goodwin was only 2 points with two stat lines at the opposite ends of the spectrum.  Lloyd just spoke on how important Goodwin’s defensive stint was, far outweighing his dreadful shooting.

Edited by benhillboy